Getting a Sundance & Reese Signature Series

Dmaxcc6spd

I am purchasing a Sundance 2998RB and plan to use a Reese, Signature Series 18K hitch. My tow vehicle is a 2500HD Chev with short bed. How do I plan the hitch setup to minimize problems at pickup? At what height should the fifth wheel plate in the truck be? How many inches below the rails, or how high off the bed floor?

Thanks!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I have the same hitch mine is 18 1/2" from the bed to the fifth wheel plate laying flat , not tilted. It will still depend on the particular rig and tire size but should get you close. Mine is about a level as one can get , my weights between the front and rear axle was only 50 lbs difference. I think you will like the hitch been well pleased.....Ken

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
It may depend on weather you have a 4x4 also. The dealer should normally set the hitch for you at n/c. At least ours did.

Dmaxcc6spd

Thanks Katkens - that was just the info I was looking for. It sounds like your hitch is at its highest point from what I have read about the product. I'll probably shoot for about 17- 17.5 inches since your trailer is heavier than what we are planning.