Looking to purchase 3300RLB

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
We are currently looking to purchase the 3300RLB. We have looked high and low and stumbled on this Sundance. My biggest concern with this unit has been the plumbing. On more that one occasion we have been told that when you pull the lever to dump the tanks it floods the belly. Which both cases heartland refused to replace the camper only clean it up and repair the plumbing. Not good. However the options and floor plan can't be ignored and has good price. We are looking for input. THX

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
If the plumbing has been repaired and the underbelly cleaned up I wouldn't have much concern. I assume this is a used unit. Is it through a dealer? If so, will they give you any type of warranty? Ask for the remainder of the season or a 90 day warranty on the coach. Can't hurt to try.

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
3300rlb

Good Morning,

No we are looking at a brand new unit at a palce in our town called camping world. We like this unit so much it looks to be a risk we are willing to take and hope "that everything comes out allright" sorry had to say it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Good Morning,

No we are looking at a brand new unit at a palce in our town called camping world. We like this unit so much it looks to be a risk we are willing to take and hope "that everything comes out allright" sorry had to say it.
Now that right there was funny, I don't care who ya'ar!! I agree and think it's worth the risk. You can only wonder what the problem was in the first place. Someone probably forgot to glue a fitting or something like that. We personally know several Heartland owners and we all feel Heartland is heads over the rest in customer care. We have been very lucky with only one return visit to our dealer and some minor work done while we were at the owners rally in Goshen last year. We've had our Bighorn 2 years and still love it.

pmmjarrett

Not just tired..... RETIRED!!!
Ya don't get a new house when you overflow your toilet do ya;)

Kinda silly to me to replace an entire unit for a problem that can be repaired and properly cleaned up but that's how some people think so.....None

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
Well you do have a point.. I would not expect a new house with simply a toilet that overflowed. However The horrible stinch that will NEVER come out on a camper that was on it's first trip is not reasonable either. Now maybe a compermise would be to swap campers and overhaul the interior and resell it. I don't know it just doesn't sound reasonable to have a dealer say well there is your 40,000 dollar camper sorry for the problem enjoy the stinch. But I do see your point. Besides this did not happen to us it happened to another couple I spoke with and they were just fine with cleaning it and living with the smell and possible rotting floor. I don't know.

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
After reading the complete post it appears that I am pointing fingers or talking down to Heartland. that is no where near the case. In fact quite the oppsite... We spent most of our morning really going through and getting ready to purchase one. I just used that one isolated problem to ask a question about the plumbing.

SmokeyBare

Just my thoughts...

If the plumbing leaked in the under side of the RV... between the floor and the under belly pan... There would be NO... NO... No... wood that would be rotting.

The wood floor below the carpet and linoleum flooring would have not gotten wet from a pipe leaking below... flood would have perhaps covered the insulation mat and the plastic rolled belly pan... maybe a few plastic pipes... perhaps even the plastic covering of the wires that run through the underside of the RV.

Now its easy to say the smell would be difficult when it happened... but that too would clean up just as easy as it does in the basements of houses. A good sanitary cleaning of the underside with a pressure wash mixed with a disinfection solution would do a very good job... and should remove any odor that was caused as well.

In My Opinion.... Marv

pmmjarrett

The underbelly on these trailers is a single sheet of ABS bolted to the trailer. It is NOT water tight and would not hold the liquid, in fact it would run all over the place with a little getting trapped in some low places. It would be easy to pull down and clean, just not a desireable job to do.

Consider this too. The entire voulume of a 10"deep, 8' wide, 30' long void is 1496 US gallon. There is no way that the Sundances combine volume of 173 US gallons could fill the underbelly to rot the floor even if it was sealed.

If their trailer still stinks it was not cleaned properly..... Something "smells" fishey about their story.

AS7074

Gulfstream IV
I am beginning to regret using this senario to show concern for the plumbing. Just poking fun by saying that the last two reply's basically says that just a quick clean up will do the trick. I might have been born at night but not last night. NO one would be and here it comes a "happy camper" aaaah come on that was funny.

pmmjarrett

LOL

Have no regrets, ask away on concerns before, during and after buying, that's what a public forum is all about, helping others help themselves.

Plunking down a $uitcase full of Benjamin Franklin$ on something that will depreciate in value over time is a big decision..... and a tough one to swallow if you make the wrong decision.

Everyone here has their own opinions (often very different than mine) and there are many more than just a couple to be heard on this matter.

wshamby01

I have stayed in my 3300RLB with my family for 16 of the 21 days that I have owned it and have not had any underbelly plumbing issues. "Knock on wood" I have drained the black tank several times. I love the floor plan and would reccomend it. I have had one minor shower stall leak that I corrected with a little silicone. Other than that it has been great so far.