Need Suggestions on Towing Mirrors

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
I bought these on Amazon and they work great.

• 51rc%2BFFF3DL._SX522_.jpg

Roll over image to zoom in

Fit System

[h=1]Fit System 81800 Ford F-150/Lincoln LT Snap-on Towing Mirror - Pair[/h]

redevil

I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport and have tried the Fit System tow mirrors off Amazon but found that the mirror vibrates too much while driving making it unusable. Returned them and might consider the CIPA brand tow mirrors.

'Lil Guy'

If you plan to do any towing, I would just replace the stock mirrors with OEM tow mirrors. You can sometimes find them on eBay at a good price.

Apropdoc

Utah Chapter Leaders-retired
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Sport and have tried the Fit System tow mirrors off Amazon but found that the mirror vibrates too much while driving making it unusable. Returned them and might consider the CIPA brand tow mirrors.

Mine did that at first, but there is a provision to tighten them up (via small phillips screw). After that, rock solid.

stimpity1

I have the CIPA mirrors from Amazon on my '16 Silverado, and so far they have worked very well and stay steady.

pegmikef

Not knowing the OP's truck model makes this a little harder, but if it is an F150, then Ford's OEM towing mirrors are his best bet. When I got mine, I just put the old ones on EBay and got most of the cost back. Both were purchased within a few hours after posting.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Not knowing the OP's truck model makes this a little harder, but if it is an F150, then Ford's OEM towing mirrors are his best bet. When I got mine, I just put the old ones on EBay and got most of the cost back. Both were purchased within a few hours after posting.
Good point Mike. I bought a set of towing mirrors for my daughter, she then sold the OEM mirrors for more than I paid for the towing mirrors.

Peace
Dave

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We replaced the mirrors on our 2004 GMC Dually to the towing mirrors. The truck had nice electric extending tow mirrors, but they were small. We doubled our view with the new ones, and got the heated feature to boot!

I bought ours on Amazon.

I highly recommend upgrading, well worth the money spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dreamer7

Hi,

Can i I add a question to this thread? I have a '99 Chevrolet deisel 2500 and am looking for upgrade on mirrors (much bigger to see more of 32 foot camper. Suggestions appreciated!

Thank you,
Katy

What brand of tow vehicle do you have? Knowing will help with your question.
Don

Kbvols

Hi,

Can i I add a question to this thread? I have a '99 Chevrolet deisel 2500 and am looking for upgrade on mirrors (much bigger to see more of 32 foot camper. Suggestions appreciated!

Thank you,
Katy
I have a set of towing mirrors from a 2000 Chevy not sure if they will fit your truck. They basically snap over the existing mirrors. If they would fit and you want I will give them to you.

DirtyMax88

Hi,

Thank you,
Katy

When I had my 06 Silverado, I replaced my standard mirrors with the factory style replacement tow mirrors, like the ones in the link. They also make ones that are power, have the turn signal indicators, heated, etc. if that's what you want.

https://www.amazon.com/1999-2007-Si...r=8-1&keywords=1999+factory+tow+mirrors+chevy

farside291

When I had my 06 Silverado, I replaced my standard mirrors with the factory style replacement tow mirrors, like the ones in the link. They also make ones that are power, have the turn signal indicators, heated, etc. if that's what you want.

https://www.amazon.com/1999-2007-Si...r=8-1&keywords=1999+factory+tow+mirrors+chevy

I had those same mirrors on my 03 and they work great for about 3 years then the electrical adjustment went bad on the passenger mirror. The driver mirror worked for another 5 years until I sold the truck. The telescoping feature allowed me to see completely around my BC. Good price compared to OEM.

- - - Updated - - -

Chevy OEM mirrors are crazy expensive, the knock offs are less than half the price. I will say the knock offs look the same but are not the same quality as OEM though.

Dreamer7

That is kind of you, thank you. I see you are in Ohio. The mirrors I have look pretty basic. I definitely have to put my head out the window to look back.

I have a set of towing mirrors from a 2000 Chevy not sure if they will fit your truck. They basically snap over the existing mirrors. If they would fit and you want I will give them to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you very much.

I bought the CIPA mirrors at Camping World for my 2015 Chevy 2500HD.

They are great, except the passenger door side mirror isn't wide angle :confused: , so I had to buy a stick-on one, and now all is good!

View attachment 52297

http://www.campingworld.com/search/...hallpartial&Ntk=primary&Nty=1&Ntpc=1&Ntt=CIPA

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. I'm wondering how hard it is to change mirrors. Can't be that difficult?

I had those same mirrors on my 03 and they work great for about 3 years then the electrical adjustment went bad on the passenger mirror. The driver mirror worked for another 5 years until I sold the truck. The telescoping feature allowed me to see completely around my BC. Good price compared to OEM.

- - - Updated - - -

Chevy OEM mirrors are crazy expensive, the knock offs are less than half the price. I will say the knock offs look the same but are not the same quality as OEM though.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. If I double thanked you, sorry. Thread gets a little complicated for me sometimes. Sorry I missed these a few days back.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thank you.

Thank everyone who wrote......I m just reading them, trying learn how to move around on the form

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, thank you.

Thank everyone who wrote......I m just reading them, trying learn how to move around on the form

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, heated mirrors, fancy! :). Yes I will definitely need to. Visibility now is quite limited.

We replaced the mirrors on our 2004 GMC Dually to the towing mirrors. The truck had nice electric extending tow mirrors, but they were small. We doubled our view with the new ones, and got the heated feature to boot!

I bought ours on Amazon.

I highly recommend upgrading, well worth the money spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you. Ebay has never been easy for me guess I should learn about that too if I start looking and selling! :)

Good point Mike. I bought a set of towing mirrors for my daughter, she then sold the OEM mirrors for more than I paid for the towing mirrors.

Peace
Dave

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, thank you. What does OEM stand for?

If you plan to do any towing, I would just replace the stock mirrors with OEM tow mirrors. You can sometimes find them on eBay at a good price.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, now what does CIPA mean?

I have the CIPA mirrors from Amazon on my '16 Silverado, and so far they have worked very well and stay steady.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a 99 deisel 2500 regular bed. I think I have the oldest truck on this forum!! Lol

What brand of tow vehicle do you have? Knowing will help with your question.
Don

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me how to add to my signature (or create one). Mine will not be very lengthy compared to most. :)

Dreamer7

Hi Keith and Kim,

I would appreciate those mirrors if you aren't too far, I'm thinking they will fit as I have a '99 chevy. I'm located in Delaware, Ohio. How far are you? I will gladly come pick them up. Feel free to PM me to discuss.

Thank you,
Katy