How many use stabilizers on the Landmark

beardedone

Beardedone
We have been using our new Augusta for a month now and I find it rocks more than my Titanium did. Has anyone installed stabilizers?
What brand did you buy?
Did they fit as claimed?
Did they work on the rear drop down jacks?
Any problems / would you buy again?
Did anyone make their own? (pictures)
Any other comments.

thanks,

Gerry

Tom of Ypsi

We have a knock off brand of JT's Strong Arm stabilizers and it truly makes a difference. They do fit as claimed, they are heavy, works on our rear electric jacks, easy install and I would buy again. I got the knock off brand because the dealer was out of JT's, sold me the travel trailer stabilizers instead of 5th wheel and there were no more JT's. If you are talking about king pin stabilizers it will not work on mine, we have the Trailair hitch that has a rubber bladder. We had a Titanium , 28E33SB, before out Landmark and it was more stable but I think that is because of the length and weight. Hope this helps.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Here is a link to a recent thread discussing stabilizers. There is a member that made his own and they look great. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=6365&highlight=stabilizers

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We use the Eliminator stabilizers (from Camping World) and they do a great job. Has even stopped the shaking when the washer goes into the spin cycle.

boatdoc

I installed the Ultra-Fabs, copy of JT's, just two weeks ago and last weekend was the first we used them. BIG diff. The wife even noticed the diff and commented how the trailer didn't move. Installed easily. One tip, I drilled the end of the "T" handles and once they were screwed down I safety wired them onto the tube. I put enough loop that they can get about a turn and a half, to tighten and loosen, and now know they'll be there when we set up after traveling. Also no need to tighten them up when retracked.