How are they at negotiating custom stuff?

pavetim

I was wondeirng how Heartland is at negotitating custom stuff? I heard Keystone was good at it. Like I would like a macerator toilet and better Samsung TV's installed. Heck i looked at the build sheet and it shows for 40 inch TV is $899, you can get a 55 inch Samsung 4K, smart, curved TV from bestbuy for $799. Oh and the roller shades, that should be an option for us too the nice black out roller shades.

esscobra

not very easy to get changes done- and if they do it costs $$- unless they offer that macerator on another unit in the line- almost guarantee that's a no deal- and same for tv- just do like I did and don't order tv and then you can put better one in cheaper- just remember if tv is option- then you will need to buy a mount as well- if items aren't in same line -/factory- they wont add- even though I got the heavier axles option- they would not sell me the 17.5 wheels/tires from landmark for my bighorn- and would not put stainless sink or shower soap holder- which is ok cause it was 35 on amazon

pavetim

So if say the TV is a standard option which I think the living room one I can order it without a particular standard option and they would discount that amount? Or only for options you are referring too?

danemayer

So if say the TV is a standard option which I think the living room one I can order it without a particular standard option and they would discount that amount? Or only for options you are referring too?

You can probably get standard items deleted from the build, but keep in mind that Heartland and the dealer still want a certain amount of profit. So you may see a price reduction that's smaller than you would hope for.