Replacing vinyl flooring in 2013 Bighorn 3685RL

gslabbert5119

We are starting to get our 2013 Bighorn 3685RL ready for long term living and I hate the linoleum flooring in my Bighorn and want to rip it out and replace it with wood - laminate.

I suspect that this is quite a task though I can handle it, however I would like to know if those that have done this removed the existing linoleum or laid the laminate on top of it.

Also how was the section where the huge slide (left side) handled and how was the laminate installed under the slide. Surely the slide was not removed.

Was the slide then professionally adjusted after the install

How were the rollers stopped from making marks - score marks on the new laminate.

Was all of the linoleum replaced, even that in the bathroom

Thanks

SNOKING

I would suggest you look at Vinyl snap together flooring. We just put it in our park model and Arizona room. The back is all synthetic and does not swell up like Laminate if it gets wet.

This is what we installed.

Last edited:

gslabbert5119

Thanks both options look fabulous. I think that the distressed look will work well in the RV, plus it has a way of hiding damage.

Did either of you folks put down any padding under the wood?
Did it do anything to the inside temp of the rig, either cooler or warmer?

TIA

gslabbert5119

SNOKING & RXBRISTOL, what color are your cabinets, and can you post a few images of the completed flooring install.

rxbristol

Our cabinets are a red oak stain, but my wife has me painting everything light grey. The pictures pretty much shows the complete install minus the bathroom. No matter what you use, go with the best quality you can get...it's affordable because it's such a small area.