which chapter to join?

tessa

we are full timers and are looking into joining the HOC. out domicile state is South Dakota- I didn't see a chapter for SD- not sure which state to claim as ours.

any suggestions from other full timers. our residence was in Indiana but I don't want to register there.

thanks

clubmgr

Heartland Owners Club Manager
Staff member
we are full timers and are looking into joining the HOC. out domicile state is South Dakota- I didn't see a chapter for SD- not sure which state to claim as ours.

any suggestions from other full timers. our residence was in Indiana but I don't want to register there.

thanks

South Dakota currently does not have it's own Chapter as no one has stepped forward to volunteer to be the Chapter Leader. If there is no Chapter Leader a state will default to an adjacent state until such time as a Chapter Leader is recruited. The default chapter for South Dakota is Minnesota in the North Central Region.

However, a HOC member can belong to any Chapter they wish regardless of domicile or address. Members may also attend any rally they want to regardless of Chapter affiliation. Selection of home chapter can be based on whatever criteria is important to the member: some choose a chapter based on what part of the country they lived in during their working lives: for some, it's where their kids live: for some, it's where they will be during rally season. The choice is up to you.

'Lil Guy'

Keep it simple and just join the N. Texas chapter. We did and attend rallies all over the US. The previous post pretty much sums it up. Let us know when and where you sign up so we can welcome you to the family.
If I'm not mistaken, your HOC# and date will automatically be added to your signature. Have a great day.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Keep it simple and just join the N. Texas chapter. We did and attend rallies all over the US. The previous post pretty much sums it up. Let us know when and where you sign up so we can welcome you to the family.
If I'm not mistaken, your HOC# and date will automatically be added to your signature. Have a great day.

Haha, Frank, I was just thinking the West Texas Chapter could use some "ringers". We'd love to have them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Haha, Frank, I was just thinking the West Texas Chapter could use some "ringers". We'd love to have them!

lol I don't know we could always use a few over in Louisiana too. Heck Jo's cousin just joined the Texas south chapter. I can't get no respect.

tessa

choices to be made!
spent a few months in the Lafayette area and I got to admit I really like cajun food and the Bayou Teche Brewery.... haven't been to Texas yet, hopefully this fall we will get to San Antonio

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
choices to be made!
spent a few months in the Lafayette area and I got to admit I really like cajun food and the Bayou Teche Brewery.... haven't been to Texas yet, hopefully this fall we will get to San Antonio

We would love to have you but as others have said pick one and then go to any rally that you are near.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Just as long as you are an HOC member that is Great!!!!!!!!!!!!
As a full timer....if you spend more time in one location vs another due to weather or what ever...then select the Chapter within the state you spend the most time...otherwise....it really doesn't matter....this is not a competition from one chapter to another...It's a RV Family and those in it are like minded of enjoying the Heartland product....so select from your heart and all is good....
Safe travels and hope to meet you at a future rally....