Looking to upgrade to a 5er 2900mk

dale88fan

I currently pull a tt a want to upgrade, after months of research i like what i see here, my question, has anyone had problems with the mid kitchen slides, i like the layout of the 2900mk, just wondering about connections to the appliances.

Thanks in advance for responses

Roger

Jburks

We have had our 2008 2900MK for a little over a year and have had no problems with any on the slides. We just love the open area when the slides are out.

fishn2dmax

Dale88fan,
I initially had the same concerns about a kitchen slide, but after owning the 2900MK for a year, my fears were unfounded. The slide doesn't out move that far ( not as deep as the main slide). There is no water or plumbing on the slide, so no worries there, the only thing besides electrical is the propane that connects to the slide. The propane hose is the flex type and is in a well designed flex imbilical that in and out with with the slide. My only minor issue with the kitchen slide with a fridge is venting. Normally when a fridge is mounted in a fix outside wall, it is vented out of the roof. With the fridge mounted in a slide, the heat from the fridge has to be vented horizontally out of the wall of the slide. Since side venting isn't as efficient in venting convectional heat flow, an electric fan is used to vent the heat out of the back of the fridge. On moderately warm and hot day, the fan is on all the time and even then the fridge doesn't seem to perform quite as well as a top vented fridge? Overall, the 2900 MK with the center kitchen slide is an awesome floorplan and I would not hesitate to buy another kitchen slide model in the future.

mystic

Hi,

We've fulltimed in ours for nine months or so, and have had no problems at all with the kitchen area. Love the space, and visitors are always amazed at the interior space.

Peter

dale88fan

Thanks a ton folks, this eases my concerns. If the dealer can get his heart right I will soon be a Heartland owner and no longer a prospective buyer.

Thanks again

Roger

Dave

Traveling Two
RV Purchase

Roger,
We just ordered a Sundance 3300SK from Chesapeakervsolutions.com. They have the best pricing from what I have found and we've been checking out Sundance pricing since Dec 07. Checkout the web site then give Tim a call, tell him Dave and Dorene told you about him. Good luck with your purchase!!

Dave

Thanks a ton folks, this eases my concerns. If the dealer can get his heart right I will soon be a Heartland owner and no longer a prospective buyer.

Thanks again

Roger

dale88fan

Well I got the 3012re, picked it up Monday, still smiling, in fact a wire brush and clorox probally could not remove my smile, maiden voyage next week Bristol Night Races!!!
I have picked up alot of gtood info here.

Thanks to all,

Roger

mike3fan

Well I got the 3012re, picked it up Monday, still smiling, in fact a wire brush and clorox probally could not remove my smile, maiden voyage next week Bristol Night Races!!!
I have picked up alot of gtood info here.

Thanks to all,

Roger

Hey,I just found out I am going to Bristol with my new Sundance also.When I find out where we are camping I'll let ya know.

p.s: nice nickname

Winner11.jpg

dale88fan

Cool I live in Kingsport, 20 miles from the track, I have friends that come over from NC to the race and we camp every fall race.
Let me know where your at and we will try and look you up, we will be camping several miles from the track this year due to late reservations.

Did I mention I love my Sundance.:):):)

Roger

buckeyebob

where are you located and how much are they asking?i have a 2009 2900mk and have taken 6 trips since april,just got back today!no problems with slides at all,couple of minor things.it pulls really well ,with diesel duramax truck,no sway at all.jim may in findlay ohio sold me my 2900mk.******* plus tax.its a buyers market .buckeyebob

Last edited by a moderator: