Leaky slide

timk

Some of you may not believe this, however.......

I have read a thread or two about slide leaks, and frankly not paid much attention. After having our rig going on three years we finally had to drive in the rain. Oh the misery. Its an Arizona thing :). Of course we were in Oregon at the time.

So, now I'm paying attention. Can anyone post a picture, or describe the fix that was done to their rig. I think it was a road spray thing in the wheel wells that caused the leak. The carpet was wet near the front of both rear slides.

Thanks
TimK

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Do a search for on the forum for corner blocks. Seems to solve everyone's problem caused by road spray

timk

Thanks Chuck, I did that, but I guess I don't understand the search function. When I search corner blocks I get 329 hits that don't answer my question, or have anything to do with corner blocks.

jimtoo

Timk,

I have looked also and do not find anything for some reason. But the factory has a rubber block that installs on the corner of the slide opening, outside underneath, so that when the slide is closed, it creates a good seal to stop water intrusion from the wheels running in the rain. The foam rubber block installs on the trailer body at the front and rear corner areas where the slide comes in and meets the body of the trailer. Looks like it would be a simple 1 or 2 screw and a little glue install.

You might want to call customer service and talk to them about it.

Jim M

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
timk,
Maybe it is time to consider upgrading. I know they have those blocks in place on the new coaches. Just a thought.None

Paul & Nan

Yeah, we have the blocks, but----we had wet carpet after driving thru mega rain on the way to the rally in Branson. We are upgrading, partly for that reason. Nan

timk

Ok, let see.

Rubber blocks 5.00
New anything 50,000.00

I kinda like rubber.