Autoformer's??

eddylives

I am wondering if anyone here uses an autoformer?
We currently have a permanent site that is awesome but suffers from low voltage power issues.
Leaving the site is not an option.....upgrading the electrical is not an option.
We do switch to a generator to run the AC after monitoring the voltage drop while plugged into pedestal.
I have been reading up on the different makes and models of AF and they look like a good investment given our situation.
Does anyone have any input/experience/preferences when it comes to these units?

Also we have left heartland ownership in the last few days and upgraded to a larger trailer with 3 slides and 50AMP supply that will be hooked to a 30 AMP supply (Starcraft 346RESA)
We loved the 26FQB but outgrew it.

I will remain a member of this site....I have yet to find a site that even comes close to the information available here :D

dave10a

I installed the Hughes 50 amp autoformer and it gives up to 10% boost when needed. I found that 30 amp sites is mostly where it is needed. It keeps the voltage in the safe range for all my appliances and A\C's.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I purchased a Hughes Autoformer RV220-50 Amp from Tweetys.com. Works very well for me. The power at the campground I stay at in Melissa TX has a problem with the voltage dropping below 109V and my Progressive EMS will drop out numerous times a day. Works great with the transformer...

I would recommend it for this type of campground...

BC

Last edited: