Sailun Truck Tires

Aandaar

Well I needed some new feet for the Ram and after getting over the sticker shock of the OEM Firestone Transforces I decided to see what I could find.

I like the Sailuns in my trailer so I started their.

I now have 4 new tires mounted and balanced at less than half of what the OEMs would have cost.

I did this all through SimpleTire.com and had them shipped to Pepboys near the S&B.

So far I am impressed, ride is nice and for an A/T the noise factor is the same as the OEM.

Will have to see how they hold up for the long run. But at this price point I can afford tires every 30 to 50k.

Here are a couple of pictures. Oh and load range is the same as the OEM 20s that came with the truck.

085e42221759dbde344d51ceda0eecbc.jpg
a00285ede832a932beca3ee61da76861.jpg
76bdf9304e57891b22d7e69a13b77d9c.jpg
65a31b66549c8885547302dd01320c97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO

Forget about the tires. That's a gooooooood lookin truck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gslabbert5119

I too am in the market for new truck tires, can you please let me know what your tire size - specs are so that I can pull the ratings and so on
I think that you are at 20".
My truck is at 18" so Sailun may not have a tire for me

Aandaar

Their website shows 18s. But u will have to check their specks to see if they match.

aatauses

when you bought from simple tire--what was the mfg date--they told me that the tires could be up to 4 years old, but new??
thanks
al

I just purchased 4 S637 235/80R-16 tires from Simple Tire and asked them to send tires with a recent date code. Got them with a code of 0517. Also delivered two days after order. Very pleased with them.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The ones I bought earlier from them this year are stamped "5216."

crussian

Thought I would try and drop this doc in here. I have it in two forms, word and pdf. It's regarding how to read tires (in general), codes and what they mean. Also, Sailun sizes and specs. I figure if I trust them for my 15,000 5th wheel, I trust them for my truck.

Attachments

• TIRES 101.pdf
    286.4 KB · Views: 45

Aandaar

So here is an update on the tires I purchase - your mileage may very, but I will not be purchasing another set.

Returned from the river today. We are home safe. But on the way home I thought I threw a tire weight about 10 miles from the house. I Stopped along the road and did a visual, everything at the time looked ok and I did notice a couple of wheel weights missing. So back on the road and limped back to the house. The bounce was noticeable and from previous experience felt like a thrown weight.

Got home, disconnected and all of a sudden the rear drivers side tire expanded and looked strange. I suspected tread separation from carcass.

Took the tire to shop and confirmed. New tires tomorrow. Lucky it did not completely separate.

The tires have less than 25k on them with a combination towing and back and forth to work.

Here are a couple of pics.

10a632fd44969a8f9bfefb7374e35fd4.jpg
1840aa105b399966dda301ae8f5b1b44.jpg
82f071a23fd899944e02f7c00cad1f89.jpg

danemayer

So here is an update on the tires I purchase - your mileage may very, but I will not be purchasing another set.

Returned from the river today. We are home safe. But on the way home I thought I threw a tire weight about 10 miles from the house. I Stopped along the road and did a visual, everything at the time looked ok and I did notice a couple of wheel weights missing. So back on the road and limped back to the house. The bounce was noticeable and from previous experience felt like a thrown weight.

Got home, disconnected and all of a sudden the rear drivers side tire expanded and looked strange. I suspected tread separation from carcass.

Took the tire to shop and confirmed. New tires tomorrow. Lucky it did not completely separate.

The tires have less than 25k on them with a combination towing and back and forth to work.

How about specifics on the tire series and size.

happykraut

I just purchased a set of Sailun. I told the salesman that I was looking to replace my Michelin XPS Ribs. One blew on the way home from Texas in late March. After I made the purchase I asked him what he thought about the Sailuns. He said they were much better then what I had. I was shocked and said to him "come on better than my Michelens" and he said by far.

Speedy

Just got done putting Ribs all around our TV a month ago and that was a step up from the XTS i use to run. I switched to the Ribs because the two of the XTS's failed and destroyed my box. So $1800 for the tires and $6K for a new bed.

rhodies1

Your salesman that told you your Saliuns where much better than Michelin’s in my personal opinion doesn’t know much about tires.he just a salesman looking to get a another sale. A tire manufactured in North America versus China,no brainer in my view.I have XPS ribs on my R V and no issues and Michelin’s on my truck,no issues.
Yes Saliuns have a decent review so far but so did TOWMAX when the industry started using them,only time will tell how they stand up.

RickL

Your salesman that told you your Saliuns where much better than Michelin’s in my personal opinion doesn’t know much about tires.he just a salesman looking to get a another sale. A tire manufactured in North America versus China,no brainer in my view.I have XPS ribs on my R V and no issues and Michelin’s on my truck,no issues.
Yes Saliuns have a decent review so far but so did TOWMAX when the industry started using them,only time will tell how they stand up.

Don’t assume that all Michelin’s are American made. After all it is a French company with plants all over the globe, just like Goodyear, Bridgestone/Firestone, and Continental.

danemayer

You can look up the DOT # on your Michelin tires to find out the plant of manufacture and its location. Might even turn out to be China.:rolleyes: