Wiring for cable TV

JENDAVE

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice regarding the wiring for the cable TV hook up. I tried to hook up set top boxes, but was told the signal was not strong enough to run the boxes. The technician said it was the "poor wiring" within the unit. I thought buying a new unit would eliminate this type of issue. I'm super frustrated, I'm not sure if it is the wiring or the tech just didn't want to bother with hooking it up the right way. Help!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have read on this forum and my coach included that most of the coax connections are loose through out the RV. You'll have to pull down the basement wall and get in there and tighten them all up. There should be a coax cable schematic in your blue pouch of paperwork. That will help you understand what is what. Most cables are color coded. But don't trust that they did it right.
There are more connections under the slides. You'll see where the wires go into the holes in the frame. Just pull them out a ways and you'll find more loose barrel connections there too.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JENDAVE

I have read on this forum and my coach included that most of the coax connections are loose through out the RV. You'll have to pull down the basement wall and get in there and tighten them all up. There should be a coax cable schematic in your blue pouch of paperwork. That will help you understand what is what. Most cables are color coded. But don't trust that they did it right.
There are more connections under the slides. You'll see where the wires go into the holes in the frame. Just pull them out a ways and you'll find more loose barrel connections there too.

Hope this helps
Jerrod

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Thank you, my husband has started this process.

Westwind

To date I just fished our Tailgater wire through the slide out opening before bringing it all the way out and connected direct to the Sat box and then to the TV. The setup went from not working to working in a snap. I started to pull everything apart last summer but got frustrated and quit, this summer if I had time I might try again, I am going to upgrade the sat cable from the tailgater to the receiver box since I had to do a lot of reprogramming this past year.