Basement storage tv mount

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
So I'm thinking about installing at mount. Not sure if I should go with a top mount swing down or a side mount swing out mount? 2015 BH 3685 RL- any ideas, I have room for either choice

-Ira

DougS

Doug S
Which ever mount you choose, you might want to protect the screen during transport. I made a cover out of plywood, similar to a shoe box cover, and is held in place by bungee cords.

Geodude

Side mount/swing-out is the way we went. A bungy cord running from top to bottom and connected to hooks on the wall keeps the TV in place during travel. As was said, covering the screen in some way to protect it from damage is a good idea.

The MorRyde slide-out is nice (a friend has it) for me would take up too much space. We looked at a swing-down mount but again I didn't want to lose that space since we use all the height to get bikes into the basement.

20170214_181531 (2).jpg

Nuclearcowboy

We just installed one ourselves this past weekend. Went with a side mount located on the basement storage wall, forward side. I have a mount that allows our Samsung TV to be easily and quickly removed -we take the TV off when traveling and store in the RV. Less chance of damage and helps keep maximum storage space.