What do these switches do?

stuff

I have recently bought an Elkridge Extreme light E22 but it did not come with any manuals. Just inside the door, there is a panel with the water pump switch, slide switch, lights etc. There are two larger switches that look like normal house type switches. One red one and one black one. The red on lights up hen I turn it on and the white one makes the microwave beep when I shut it off. Can anyone tell me what thy are for?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Stuff, welcome to this great forum and congratulations on your new Elk Ridge.
I can tell you that the red switch is for the 120 volt side of the water heater. If you turn it on when your water heater is empty you risk burning out your heater element. You may have already done that.
I can't tell you about the other switch. Perhaps another owner will have that information.

I moved your thread to the Elk Ridge forum as another ER owner will have an answer for you.

Peace
Dave

stuff

Thank you very much. I kind of guessed that with the red one and so have only just flipped it up and off once. What doesn't make sense though is that there is a switch on the hot water tank as well as another one on the water panel to the right that all seem to relate to the electric hot water. How does it all function?

jimtoo

Hi stuff,

The switch on the tank is another switch for 120v heating, it can be left on and they put the one with the red switch handle inside for convenience of 120v switching. The switch on the panel is for 12v/propane heating of the water tank.

Jim M

danemayer

Thank you very much. I kind of guessed that with the red one and so have only just flipped it up and off once. What doesn't make sense though is that there is a switch on the hot water tank as well as another one on the water panel to the right that all seem to relate to the electric hot water. How does it all function?

Take a look at our owner-written Water Heater Usage Guide. It'll explain everything.

stuff

Thanks for the responses. I have read the hot water tank guide now and I understand that system. Now just to figure out the big white switch!

Piperflyer

Thanks for the responses. I have read the hot water tank guide now and I understand that system. Now just to figure out the big white switch!

I have an unmarked switch on my BH that turns the outside light on behind the entrance step to the rig under the door. Give it a try if you have a light behind your steps.....

mh2701

Thanks. I also have one of those but this isn't that switch!

The white switch is probably for a second or third air conditioner. It allows you to choose between two air conditioners and the microwave. There just isn't enough power for everything. In my Elkridge, it is pre-wiring for a third air conditioner I don't have (it was special ordered for the third).