Valve stem leak

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Getting the rig ready to pull north on the 3rd and I was putting my TST sensors on the new tires. Two of the four wouldn't read, so I figure maybe they're not snug. Remove and start putting one back on when the valve stem starts to move. Air hissing away! Managed to get a 5/8" spark plug socket on the nut, but still can't stop the leak. It's 4:10, my jack under the axle sinks in the soft ground and the rain is moving in before I can get the tire off, so I've cancelled hauling up until next Monday so I can get the tire back to the shop for repairs. Rain all this morning and I've got a FD shift tonight, so tomorrow I'll be back at it with some extra wood to put under the jack.

Also a little P.O.'d with the old TST sensors, too. One of the two was just sent back not too long ago for replacement. Might be time to contact them about upgrading the set. TST has been taken over by PSI, by the way.

Always something...

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had metal valve stems installed and balanced with the sensors installed.

OEM wheels with G-rated tires are metal valve stems. But I did call TST today and order a new 507 (non-pass through) system. Nice discount for prior customers, too. I'll tackle pulling the tire off in the morning.

OK, new valve stem installed, no charge. Tire shop said it was actually a bad one. Not sure why they replaced it in the first place since the other wheels are the originals. Anyways, that's done and it's comforting to know I can still muscle a 16" tire/wheel assembly off the ground and into the truck bed.

Other project is modifying the power cord like Jess did. Having some problems matching up the new cord with the old connections. I mapped it out, but it just didn't want to work completely. Reinstalled the OEM cord via the new box and got everything back except the running lights. More troubleshooting to do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited: