3150 rl fith wheel 2017 new/flood lights

SPARKY65

We recently picked up our fifth wheel . When we came home we had forgot to test the outside flood lights. Used the toggle switch inside the pantry closet well identified but, nothing happened. Have checked all electrical possibilities power, surges, breaker switches metered power to confirm the volts are there. What could be causing the problem. I am assuming that the flood lights are LED light bulbs. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Quite frustrating! Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

danemayer

Hi sparky65,

Is the switch you're using marked "scare lights" or "floods" or something that would indicate it's the right switch?

When checking the fuses in the fuse box, if the light is switched on, and the fuse is blown, the LED next to the fuse should illuminate. If you're not sure, pull the fuse and check it with a meter.

LEDs are usually sensitive to polarity. If the wiring was reversed, they may not come on.

jimtoo

I'm not sure,, but aren't the newer units coming with a remote for some things??? Seems like I remember someone saying the exterior flood or scare lights were operated by the remote. Maybe some one with a newer unit will jump in with some info for us soon.

Jim M

SPARKY65

thanks for the info jimtoo. I believe hubby checked those things out but I will re-ask him. It might be something as dumb as a blown out bulb. He is assuming they are LEDs.

SPARKY65

:(
Hi sparky65,

Is the switch you're using marked "scare lights" or "floods" or something that would indicate it's the right switch?

When checking the fuses in the fuse box, if the light is switched on, and the fuse is blown, the LED next to the fuse should illuminate. If you're not sure, pull the fuse and check it with a meter.

LEDs are usually sensitive to polarity. If the wiring was reversed, they may not come on.

Husband an electrician and has done all of the above. Thanks. We have even bigger problems than that. Have contacted owner of dealership. If that does not satisfy the multitude of issues then I need to call Heartland I guess.

RJP

Please post if you get a solution to your issue with exterior flood lights, mine do not work either.