Got Ants in Your Rig? Try this Stuff!

pegmikef

Somehow, we picked up little tiny ants at the Oklahoma Rally in Vinita two weeks ago and have been plagued with them ever since until this morning. There did not seem to be a lot of them, but a few would appear periodically on the kitchen counter, in the trash, and on other flat surfaces in the living area. We were just swatting them to kill them, but it continued and was irritating. We bought this stuff at Walmart yesterday and at five o'clock placed the six baits near the locations where we had seen the ants. The ant activity started soon after and in a couple of hours there were hundreds of ants going to and from three of the baits. We periodically monitored them and it was apparent that the number of ants was gradually diminishing. This morning there were no ants anywhere around the three active baits and we have seen only one or two ants all day. Just follow the directions on the package.

Attachments

• antbait.jpg
    antbait.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 142

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Terro is good stuff! We've used outdoor baits by the legs and tires, and it eliminated our inside ant problem (old rig, former park). I used their regular ant granules around our site about 2 weeks ago (we don't have fire ants, but large sandy mounds with regular ants), and I think it's working. Just kicked a mound near the truck and nothing. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I make up a Boric Acid, Sugar, and water bate. Put into a couple of bottle caps and they really go for it. They feed the queen and they are all gone in two days. Boric acid power is cheep and available at any pharmacy. One small jar will last many many years. As wit all bate, don't use where pets or children can get at it.

1 tsp of Boric Acid
1/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of hot water

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Love that stuff. Even use it around the house as well as around the camper.

NYSUPstater

Sprinkle Comet powdered cleanser around any point of contact your coach makes w/ the ground, incl power cord. Stuff acts like a ant powder.

porthole

Retired
We got the tiny ants from the last camp trip. Just ordered this to give it a try, thanks for the tip.

RoadJunkie

Sprinkle Comet powdered cleanser around any point of contact your coach makes w/ the ground, incl power cord. Stuff acts like a ant powder.

Sounds like a type of Voodoo ritual, but worth a try if you can't get your hands on some Terro.

pegmikef

Update. Two days since we put the baits out now and have not seen any ants since early yesterday morning. I am very impressed!

CoveredWagon

ACE Lowes and I suppose a Home Depot carry it. We have these little sugar ants in FL. As soon as I see them I put down a couple drops of the liquid for two or three days. They group on it almost immediately and then in a couple of days they're gone. The explorer ants take it back to the nest and it kills the colony.

Mattman

I had some carpenter ants get in some rotted out wood cause by previous owner doing some bad landscape. Any way after a week of two of those babies it killed them all. Took off the rotted trim and it was loaded with dead big carpenter ants. Fixed the trim and landscape. But was very impressed with it. Good stuff. I tried a few other things before that. Was about ready to call an exterminator.

I make up a Boric Acid, Sugar, and water bate. Put into a couple of bottle caps and they really go for it. They feed the queen and they are all gone in two days. Boric acid power is cheep and available at any pharmacy. One small jar will last many many years. As wit all bate, don't use where pets or children can get at it.

1 tsp of Boric Acid
1/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup of hot water

20 Mule Team Borax works the same way! Found in the laundry detergent
Isle along with Tide, etc. works well
with Roaches and some other insects
also. I occasionally sprinkle on ground around wheels, jacks, electric
cord, water hose, etc. DO NOT LET
YOUR PETs have access to area where you apply this product!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: