My solar install

schew

Finally getting some time to work on by solar project. A big thanks for everyone's input, especially OregonCamper.

Here are the solar panels and controller I purchased. they are 100 watt/18v panels and the controller is a GoPower PVM30...

Upon cutting the hole for my controller, I was able to find the wires coming from the solar panels but not from the battery. After calling Heartland, they said they only ran the PV wires. At that point I was disappointed as now I would need to open up the underbelly, and route the remaining cables. After reading another post about another solar project taking place, I learned that he in fact had all the wires needed. A second call to Heartland, along with my VIN number confirmed that I had all the cables prerun. It took me a little time to find them but sure enough they were all there! Please note: the black cables turned out to be (+), the white cables (-)
roof.jpg

box.jpg

pvm30.jpg

..wired up the controller

pvm30 wired.jpg

Here is everything buttoned up and back in place...

closeup.jpg

wide shot.jpg

This afternoon I'll clean the roof and use Eternabond tape to secure the panels to the roof

Oregon_Camper

Glad I was of some help.. :)

Standard RV wiring is Black is POSITIVE and White is NEGATIVE. Not sure why they don't follow red=POS and Black=NEG.....but they don't. All 5 of my RV's have been wired this way.

BTW....I can't open our linked images.

schew

Glad I was of some help.. :)

Standard RV wiring is Black is POSITIVE and White is NEGATIVE. Not sure why they don't follow red=POS and Black=NEG.....but they don't. All 5 of my RV's have been wired this way.

BTW....I can't open our linked images.
I deleted and re-uploaded the pictures. hopefully that worked.

In regards to the wiring, upon inspection of the battery wires that lead to the battery cutoff switch, they are red & black. Go figure..

schew

Here are the PV panels taped down...

Attachments

• 20170504_162538.jpg
    20170504_162538.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 149
  • 20170504_162621.jpg
    20170504_162621.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 117