Furrion oven

larkinstuart

we have a 2017, 3270rs with Furrion appliances.
I tried to bake something and turn on oven to the temperature according to recipe. The oven was on for 45 mins and never attained the temperature. According to the broucher, there are times when the stone is required. Has anyone experienced this.

RonTimmer

What I have found with mine is that it is not well calibrated. For example last weekend I wanted to bake something at 375, I had to set the temperature on the stove to about 425 before it finally made it there and it did take a while to heat up. I haven't run into the problem of not being able to get it it hot enough yet and I haven't used the stone yet.

esscobra

used mine multiple times - biscuits-tater tots- enchiladas- no issues- gets plenty hot and stays there- much better than std rv ovens- I think I will try and get a oven temp guage before this weekends trip and see how close temp matches display- plans for several time usage this weekend

esscobra

went and bought oven temp gauge from bed bath to test this weekend- at 350 on oven -temp was 340- at 425 it was 7 less - cooked several different times this weekend- cinnamon rolls- turnovers- cookies and enchiladas- each time oven heated reasonably quick and cooked items well - just now know that it needs to read a little hotter

Bern

Our oven won't go over 402 degrees. Last time I tried baking I set oven to 350, after 30 minutes it went to 300, turned temp to 400 and it hit 325. Put dessert in and it dropped to 200 and stayed there. So much for a quick dessert! My 25 min dessert took an hour to bake. I have two oven thermometers and they both read same.

carl.swoyer

Our oven won't go over 402 degrees. Last time I tried baking I set oven to 350, after 30 minutes it went to 300, turned temp to 400 and it hit 325. Put dessert in and it dropped to 200 and stayed there. So much for a quick dessert! My 25 min dessert took an hour to bake. I have two oven thermometers and they both read same.
Is your outside vents open ? Occasionally I forget to open it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
PS are you using the gas oven or the convection oven.?

dave10a

Do RV manufacturers actually do product testing to assure they perform as specified before they award them contracts to be installed in production? If a product is not performing as delineated in the documentation it should be returned under warranty. Other wise you are willing to put up with crap....

Mark-Roberta 051995

Here is my experience on my Furrion with a response from their customer service group about the same concerns you have.

I set mine at 400 for a pizza - it climbed to 340 and then you could see the flame get very small. I raised my thermostat to 425 and it climb in temperature some but not much. I then went to 450 on the dial and it made it to 406 and that was it. I had the stone in it since I was cooking pizza.

Here is the response that Furrion gave me on this concern:
"Most of our ovens need to be watched by the consumer for correct temperature. The oven is calibrated to within 50 degrees of the knob".

50 degrees - I thought that was a typo but when I replied and said - you mean 5 degrees - right? I did not get a response. So this coming weekend I am going ot stick a thermometer inside the oven and measure it at a few settings: 350 / 400/ 425 / 450. We shall see how it works.

chiefaret

I wish I could check mine to see what the temp is. On my first trip with the Big Horn the oven door hinge failed and been in the shop three weeks, so never have had a chance to use it.