Aluminum Tire Rim cracked

J-W&E

We have a cracked aluminum tire rim. I think I read last year on the forum of others having that problem.

Tomorrow I am going to call Heartland Customer Service to see what they suggest. We are now in Ishpeming, MI (near Marquette) and no Heartland dealer within 150 miles.

If you had this problem, please let us know how your solved it.

Gary Steeves

Jim, I did have this problem with several aluminum rims. Tredit Tire at Elkhart were very helpful and replaced them. Try Kelly at 574-293-0581.

Good luck, Gary

J-W&E

Thanks for your help. We called Heartland Customer Service this morning and they connected us with the parts department. Our trailer is a 2005 model and the aluminum rims they are putting on now are different than the 2005 ones. They are to ship a rim direct to us from the vendor. I just hope it don't take too long.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Thanks for your help. We called Heartland Customer Service this morning and they connected us with the parts department. Our trailer is a 2005 model and the aluminum rims they are putting on now are different than the 2005 ones. They are to ship a rim direct to us from the vendor. I just hope it don't take too long.

Watch the rim width. When my 2006 BH rims were switched out from the ones made in Argentina to those made in China, the new ones were 1/2" narrower than the older ones. Since I had a new set of four, it didn't matter, but I don't think you want to have different rim widths on wheels on the 5er.

J-W&E

New Rims NOT the same as we have on the 5er

We received the new rim shipment yesterday from Heartland Parts Department. The rims we have on the trailer have 10 decorative holes in them and the new one sent has 12 decorative holes around the rim. The new rims are also a half inch narrower than the other 3 on the trailer. Heartland says they will not be able to get the same style rim that is on our coach anymore. Our coach is only a 2005!! We are quite unhappy since we have a nice looking high-end coach and it will have one different rim displayed and we are wondering if it is safe to drive with different width rims??? It is quite costly to buy ALL new rims.

johnrb1967

Big John
Jim,

I too have had a problem with a cracked rim.I started out blowing a Trail America China bomb,with damage to the side of the Rv. Kelly at Tredit Tire replaced all tires including the spare.The next trip out I had one of the rims split into_Once again I called Tredit Tire and they made it good sending me 4 new rims, and yes the rims are a 1/2 inch narrower. I would give Kelly at Tredit Tire a call and tell her what has transpired. There is no reason you should have a mismatched style and two different width rims on your Rv

J-W&E

We talked with Heartland and the style rims we have on our Landmark are no longer being made. We put the 12 design rim on with the 10 design. Really, it is not so noticeable. We notice it because we know it is different, but I don't think unless someone was looking for the difference they would notice it. So all turned out good.