PDA

View Full Version : Interior re-do.

Furious10
05-05-2017, 02:26 PM
After camping season here in the mid-Atlantic region, we hope to completely re-do the Terry interior. We want to bring it more inline with the outside appearance and improve the shower size. Stay tuned...

BobbyandGenee
05-05-2017, 02:28 PM
We plan to do the same. Doing a "Route 66" trip at the end of the year hoping to score lots of retro style items! I Look forward to seeing what you do!

Furious10
06-01-2017, 01:04 AM
Don't have pictures yet as we haven't put new items in. We bought a couch that reclines and a tub with surround that will run wall-to-wall. I'm not planning on using the tub as a tub; it was purchased for more room and less water on the floor. My husband is 6'7" and 260lbs., the corner shower just doesn't work for him. ;)

BobbyandGenee
06-01-2017, 06:59 AM
Don't have pictures yet as we haven't put new items in. We bought a couch that reclines and a tub with surround that will run wall-to-wall. I'm not planning on using the tub as a tub; it was purchased for more room and less water on the floor. My husband is 6'7" and 260lbs., the corner shower just doesn't work for him. ;)

We were planning on doing something similar in the bathroom. I am 6'2" and have the same issue with water in the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furious10
06-06-2017, 02:58 AM
So we did start some renovations. First is the bath to make it more "user friendly". Built a new sturdier platform, reconnected the drain and placed the new tub 52240. A better view52242. Cut the holes for the faucet52243. Test fit the surround52241. Made the skirt from the old surround52244. The finished tub and surround52245. Still some final caulking to do and hook up the controls. I also got this (https://www.strombergcarlson.com/shower-rods-and-laundry-accessories/extend-a-shower/extend-a-shower-for-35-to-42-openings/) shower curtain rod...very cool.

Power247
06-06-2017, 04:21 AM
Off to a great start!!

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

BobbyandGenee
06-06-2017, 10:25 PM
So we did start some renovations. First is the bath to make it more "user friendly". Built a new sturdier platform, reconnected the drain and placed the new tub 52240. A better view52242. Cut the holes for the faucet52243. Test fit the surround52241. Made the skirt from the old surround52244. The finished tub and surround52245. Still some final caulking to do and hook up the controls. I also got this (https://www.strombergcarlson.com/shower-rods-and-laundry-accessories/extend-a-shower/extend-a-shower-for-35-to-42-openings/) shower curtain rod...very cool.

Wow that looks awesome!

Furious10
07-02-2017, 12:07 AM
Sooo...
We found a very comfy love seat and started the inside a little early...;)
Removed the uncomfortable dinette and replace with a VERY comfortable La-Z-Boy duel reclining wall-away with USB ports.
Next we will build new "end tables" and repair the floor. Not sure the hole in the floor is necessary; poor placement in my opinion.We will be using 1960's style tray tables in place of the dinette table.

Garypowell
07-02-2017, 06:28 AM
Really great! Keep posting....love what you are doing.

TravelTiger
07-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Very nice! I think we looked at that loveseat when we were considering replacing our loveseat in our previous ElkRidge.

Furious10
07-02-2017, 11:54 PM
Really great! Keep posting....love what you are doing.
Thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Very nice! I think we looked at that loveseat when we were considering replacing our loveseat in our previous ElkRidge.

Thanks. It's very comfortable. Even my 6'7" husband likes it. I like the integrated USB. It is in a little different direction design-wise than we planned, but the comfort got us. I think we can still make some interior changes that will reflect the outside of the trailer.

Furious10
07-05-2017, 01:25 AM
Worked on the "end tables" today. Got a little out of our comfort zone with the design, but I kinda like it. The door side had to be made...53059 Then skinned and a new top...5306053061 The driver side needed skin and a new top...5306253063 We found some Formica that matches the other surfaces in the trailer, and will be adhering that to the tops...53064 Still need to fix the unnecessary hole in the floor. 53065

Greggshere
07-09-2017, 07:27 AM
I love what you have done here and I'm thinking of doing something similar. My main question is how did you get the loveseat recliners in the camper? It looks too big to go through the door? Thanks for giving me inspiration to do this to a new camper!

Kbvols
07-09-2017, 10:22 AM
That really looks cool. I love the tin. I would have never thought of that it makes for a great look. Great job!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Furious10
07-10-2017, 02:00 AM
I love what you have done here and I'm thinking of doing something similar. My main question is how did you get the loveseat recliners in the camper? It looks too big to go through the door? Thanks for giving me inspiration to do this to a new camper!

The love seat was a tight fit. Fortunately, La-Z-Boy makes the back easily removable. The door's opener (at the top) was removed by slipping it off, so the door could open wider. We then stood the love seat on its end (arm rest) on cardboard and twisted and slid it in. When we looked for a love seat, we made sure the back, or some part of the body, was removable. Getting it in the door was the hardest part of this project. What we didn't expect was how heavy the love seat is even with the back removed. Measure, look, measure, look and take your time.

- - - Updated - - -

That really looks cool. I love the tin. I would have never thought of that it makes for a great look. Great job!

Thanks...it struck us while walking through Lowe's. It kinda brings the siding on the outside, inside.

Greggshere
07-10-2017, 04:42 AM
The love seat was a tight fit. Fortunately, La-Z-Boy makes the back easily removable. The door's opener (at the top) was removed by slipping it off, so the door could open wider. We then stood the love seat on its end (arm rest) on cardboard and twisted and slid it in. When we looked for a love seat, we made sure the back, or some part of the body, was removable. Getting it in the door was the hardest part of this project. What we didn't expect was how heavy the love seat is even with the back removed. Measure, look, measure, look and take your time.

Thank you for the response and excellent information, I think me most likely will tackle this project, because the more I look at it the more functional it looks. The booth is just awkward at best even with the drop leaf round table we put in.

Furious10
07-11-2017, 12:21 AM
Thank you for the response and excellent information, I think me most likely will tackle this project, because the more I look at it the more functional it looks. The booth is just awkward at best even with the drop leaf round table we put in.

Exactly how we felt about it. We built new tables (2) first, but decided it's not the table that was the problem...it was the uncomfortable booth. I'm sure booths work for a lot of people, and we had them in the other two trailers we built; but we wanted a comfortable place to sit while reading, watching TV or a movie at night. And since we don't have any young children or grandchildren staying with us, we don't need the extra bed area...although the recliner can be slept on. Good luck and post pictures, please.

Greggshere
07-24-2017, 10:48 AM
I'm in the process now of doing this myself. How did you deal with the colored wiring coming out of the floor? The Romex electrical is easily moved but I'm not so sure about that colored wiring coming out of the floor. Did you cut it and then splice it back? Also, where is the water pump located?

Furious10
07-24-2017, 11:49 AM
I'm in the process now of doing this myself. How did you deal with the colored wiring coming out of the floor? The Romex electrical is easily moved but I'm not so sure about that colored wiring coming out of the floor. Did you cut it and then splice it back? Also, where is the water pump located?

I just pulled the wiring under the vinyl over to the door side connection. I found a sample piece of vinyl in Lowe's that closely matches the trailer vinyl and pieced it in place. The wire is pretty flat and the couch comes out far enough that we don't step there unless we try to. Even if we do step there, the hole is small enough that you don't fall through. I'm still not sure what that wiring is for...but I left it. The water pump is under the bedroom sink lower panel. We found it because our pump was not running correctly. We discovered that the winterizing tube was open, allowing air in the system.

Greggshere
07-24-2017, 11:55 AM
Thank you for the pump location, mine doesn't come on when I flip the switch on the panel by the door so I need to troubleshoot it. Just so I'm straight on that wiring, you left it coming out of the floor, laid it flat and covered over it with a piece of new vinyl?

Furious10
07-25-2017, 12:30 AM
Thank you for the pump location, mine doesn't come on when I flip the switch on the panel by the door so I need to troubleshoot it. Just so I'm straight on that wiring, you left it coming out of the floor, laid it flat and covered over it with a piece of new vinyl?

The wire was fished under the vinyl (flat) and re-connected at the door side. Then I put a piece of matching new vinyl over the hole and covered all of that with an area rug. It can't be fished under the floor as the trailer frame is in the way and we weren't about to pull up vinyl and sub-floor for one little wire. Fishing it under the vinyl (flat) seemed the way to go. We don't step there and the area rug covers it.53524 BTW: Don't buy a piece of vinyl or wood floor. We just got one of those free sample "swatches" that they have in Lowe's.

Greggshere
07-25-2017, 05:21 AM
The wire was fished under the vinyl (flat) and re-connected at the door side. Then I put a piece of matching new vinyl over the hole and covered all of that with an area rug. It can't be fished under the floor as the trailer frame is in the way and we weren't about to pull up vinyl and sub-floor for one little wire. Fishing it under the vinyl (flat) seemed the way to go. We don't step there and the area rug covers it.53524 BTW: Don't buy a piece of vinyl or wood floor. We just got one of those free sample "swatches" that they have in Lowe's.

Ahhh, ok now I understand, thanks for the clarification. I picked up two small Lazy Boy recliners on sale at the lazy Boy store last week and I'm still deciding how I want to do the two sides. I might do an angle type thing to get a smidge more room between them. I haven't gotten that far yet. I have the middle of the booth removed right now and will probably determine the rest this weekend.

Furious10
07-26-2017, 01:32 PM
Ahhh, ok now I understand, thanks for the clarification. I picked up two small Lazy Boy recliners on sale at the lazy Boy store last week and I'm still deciding how I want to do the two sides. I might do an angle type thing to get a smidge more room between them. I haven't gotten that far yet. I have the middle of the booth removed right now and will probably determine the rest this weekend.

Smidges are important LOL. We made sure we could reach and operate the push buttons for reclining and the USB ports. We left the driver side pretty much the same as it contains the water heater and can't be changed too much. The door side we made smaller but, keep in mind, that takes away some storage. We still have some storage on the driver side and the door side but it is small. We can get the chocks, pads, drill for stabilizers, load equalizer bars, and a few other essentials in those now. The nice thing, for us, was the fact that the electric was already located there. The pass-through lights are behind the couch now and provide an up-light effect. Of course, we still have the rear storage and the truck bed. Good luck. I'm interested to see the progress pictures.

Greggshere
07-31-2017, 05:28 AM
So between last weekend and this weekend I got it all done. The two LazyBoy recliners I bought fit perfect. The wife wanted his and hers in different colors and I was scepticle, but now that they are in I really like the two different colors side by side. They are the same model of recliner rockers and there is plenty of room for them to fully recline. SO comfortable, and so much nicer than the booth. Now we can actually sit and relax. I think next I might up-size the TV just a bit so my wife can read the closed caption easier. Anyway, here are some photos I took along the way, assuming I get them posted correctly now that my PB is closed. I think they are sideways and don't know how to correct that.

Power247
07-31-2017, 05:54 AM
Looks great!

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

TravelTiger
07-31-2017, 03:55 PM
Nice job!

terribruce
07-31-2017, 04:43 PM
Wow!! Great job on the re-model. Can't wait to see the rest.

Terri

Furious10
07-31-2017, 11:31 PM
That looks fantastic. The colors are great. I love the side tops...great choice. I am going to steal the small table design...perfect. I know you guys will like this waaay more than the booth. It looks so comfy and homey.

Greggshere
08-01-2017, 05:42 AM
That looks fantastic. The colors are great. I love the side tops...great choice. I am going to steal the small table design...perfect. I know you guys will like this waaay more than the booth. It looks so comfy and homey.

Thank you for the compliments, but it was your work that inspired me to tackle this, so all thanks goes to you. :) Yes it is very comfortable, and I put 25 watt bulbs in the two lamps so the ambiance is really nice in there after dark, perfect for relaxing or watching TV. We absolutely LOVE it. Got a great price on the recliners too, normally $629 each on sale for $279 each. I thought they were floor models on sale, but apparently not because we had a few colors to choose from and went to the warehouse to pick them up.

BobbyandGenee
08-01-2017, 08:02 AM
I know this is a bit off topic, but is regards to your earlier response about what storage is left after the redo......do you have any plans to improve the under bed storage? It is one of my high priority projects for this winter.

Furious10
08-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Got a great price on the recliners too, normally $629 each on sale for $279 each. I thought they were floor models on sale, but apparently not because we had a few colors to choose from and went to the warehouse to pick them up.
Wow! That was quite a deal. I love the lamp idea and was thinking about that today. Would love to see it sometime. I had a vacation home in the Lake Gaston area a few years ago...right on the VA, NC border. We've been thinking about a camping trip to that area again.

Furious10
08-01-2017, 11:54 PM
I know this is a bit off topic, but is regards to your earlier response about what storage is left after the redo......do you have any plans to improve the under bed storage? It is one of my high priority projects for this winter.

We need to do some measuring but I think we might go with some pull-out drawers. We could bring them out as far as the wall. We did something similar in the Shasta and it worked great. We would still be able to lift the bed for full access under the bed. We don't have a storage problem ( I'm pretty minimalist), and we're probably the only people who remove storage (bathroom and sides) instead of adding it :). I'll be looking forward to your solution.

Greggshere
08-02-2017, 05:11 AM

I know I'm not really planning on it. If Darrel and Pam tackle something pretty cool that I like I might imitate it(imitation is the best form of flattery):o if it makes sense for us. My truck bed is more than enough storage with the top on it. I bought a 43" TV last night and plan to try and get it mounted this weekend.

Greggshere
08-05-2017, 11:40 PM
I got the new 43" LG Wi-Fi Smart TV installed today. The caption is much easier for my wife to see than the little TV that came in the Terry. Another benefit is it found 32 channels that it picks up on the antenna, whereas the little TV only got three, and those were intermittent. All 32 are coming in crystal clear and show no signs of dropping out. The only issue I have is the 3 RCA inputs to the larger TV. When watching a DVD tonight it was not in color and not crystal clear. Maybe it was a Blue Ray disc, I never checked, I'll look at that tomorrow. I shored up the mounting surface for the TV bracket by gluing, screwing and nailing, using my brad nailer, a 12" square piece of 1/2" plywood to the panel where the bracket mounts. I then added a 1/8" 12" x 12" of finished panel using the same gluing, screwing and nailing as the plywood to give it a cleaner look. I then let it all set over night and installed the bracket using screws that were long enough to penetrate it all and into whatever slight structure was there to start with. It seems nice and solid and I also put a couple of pieces of velcro on the back of the TV to "stick" it to the cabinet face when traveling.

danemayer
08-06-2017, 08:05 AM
I got the new 43" LG Wi-Fi Smart TV installed today. ....The only issue I have is the 3 RCA inputs to the larger TV. When watching a DVD tonight it was not in color and not crystal clear.
Check the TV menu settings to make sure you're not set for Component Video In.

CoveredWagon
08-06-2017, 10:29 AM

Isn't Component Video In for the RCA jacks? My set doesn't show Component Video In, only AV in selections.

danemayer
08-06-2017, 11:01 AM
AV or Composite uses Red, Yellow, White RCA connectors. Component use Red, Green, Blue connectors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon
08-06-2017, 12:51 PM
AV or Composite uses Red, Yellow, White RCA connectors. Component use Red, Green, Blue connectors.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Thanks did not know that 😊

Furious10
08-06-2017, 11:12 PM
Tiled the back-splash and front of the side wall. What do you think?

Furious10
08-06-2017, 11:27 PM
I got the new 43" LG Wi-Fi Smart TV installed today. The only issue I have is the 3 RCA inputs to the larger TV. When watching a DVD tonight it was not in color and not crystal clear. Maybe it was a Blue Ray disc, I never checked, I'll look at that tomorrow.

If it is Blu-Ray that may be the problem.

Greggshere
08-07-2017, 05:40 AM

Yes thank you, it was set on component instead of AV. All fixed now and we watched a movie last night in living color!

- - - Updated - - -

VERY NICE! I love it, especially the touch on the sidewall. It really gives it that finished custom touch!

BobbyandGenee
08-07-2017, 08:25 AM
That tile looks great! We bought the stuff to do it then decided to wait until we do the tub conversion. I have a feeling we won't actually get it done until winter. We did our 8th trip this past weekend to Yosemite, and we are going to Lassen next weekend. Although we would like to get it all done before our Heartland Rally in September. Not enough time in the day when we work full time also! Lol!

Furious10
08-08-2017, 02:54 AM
Yes thank you, it was set on component instead of AV. All fixed now and we watched a movie last night in living color!

- - - Updated - - -

VERY NICE! I love it, especially the touch on the sidewall. It really gives it that finished custom touch!

Glad you found the problem, Gregg. Thanks for the compliment.

That tile looks great! We bought the stuff to do it then decided to wait until we do the tub conversion. I have a feeling we won't actually get it done until winter. We did our 8th trip this past weekend to Yosemite, and we are going to Lassen next weekend. Although we would like to get it all done before our Heartland Rally in September. Not enough time in the day when we work full time also! Lol!

Thanks Bobby, we used "Smart Tiles": easy to work with and sticky as heck. Sounds like you guys are enjoying the trailer. We have 3 more trips planned this year. We know about time and work. LOL

Janie24
08-22-2017, 09:33 PM
Thank you! :D

Mrsfish
08-22-2017, 10:15 PM
Glad you found the problem, Gregg. Thanks for the compliment.

Thanks Bobby, we used "Smart Tile": easy to work with and sticky as heck. Sounds like you guys are enjoying the trailer. We have 3 more trips planned this year. We know about time and work. LOL

Question 1- did you have a factory backsplash? 2- did you remove it or tyle over it? 3- what grout did you use?

Furious10
08-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Question 1- did you have a factory backsplash? 2- did you remove it or tyle over it? 3- what grout did you use?

No, we did not have an existing back-splash. This is a product called "Smart Tiles"; it is not real tile. Very lightweight, comes in sheets and no grout needed. They are very sticky and once installed (easy), they are strikingly similar to real glass tile and everybody that has seen them in the trailer can't believe they aren't real. Here is the link: https://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/

Greggshere
08-24-2017, 05:11 AM

So when you started this particular project, did your Terry have the little linen closet in it? If so, did you just remove it or did you put it somewhere else? I was looking at this and thinking I might want to tackle it at some point, but the wife isn't crazy about loosing that cabinet, since she keeps the TP, towels and body wash in it, as well as the toilet cleaner. I like the idea of a bigger shower.

Furious10
08-24-2017, 02:21 PM
So when you started this particular project, did your Terry have the little linen closet in it? If so, did you just remove it or did you put it somewhere else? I was looking at this and thinking I might want to tackle it at some point, but the wife isn't crazy about loosing that cabinet, since she keeps the TP, towels and body wash in it, as well as the toilet cleaner. I like the idea of a bigger shower.

We did remove the little linen closet. I put a cute, small basket near the toilet to hold some of the things we need. I put up some decorative hooks for the towels. I keep all the cleaning supplies under the BR sink. I had, at one point, thought about hanging some small shelves or baskets in the bathroom to hold items. I still may do this, but the small basket on the floor serves it's intended purpose. We really needed the shower to be bigger. My husband is 6'7" and 260 lbs...big guy. BTW: check out the shower curtain rod (https://www.strombergcarlson.com/shower-rods-and-laundry-accessories/extend-a-shower/extend-a-shower-for-35-to-42-openings/)...it is so cool.

Greggshere
08-24-2017, 04:32 PM
Yeah I like that rod a lot.

Oregon_Camper
08-24-2017, 05:01 PM
No, we did not have an existing back-splash. This is a product called "Smart Tiles"; it is not real tile. Very lightweight, comes in sheets and no grout needed. They are very sticky and once installed (easy), they are strikingly similar to real glass tile and everybody that has seen them in the trailer can't believe they aren't real. Here is the link: https://www.thesmarttiles.com/en_us/

We did the same tile install last week. Here is ours.

Furious10
08-25-2017, 03:32 AM

Looks good!

Greggshere
08-25-2017, 05:00 AM

Looks very nice, great job!

Islanders
08-26-2017, 05:56 PM
What a beautiful job!

Furious10
08-27-2017, 12:27 AM
What a beautiful job!

Thank you.

Furious10
08-27-2017, 12:42 AM
A little video of the Terry...it's coming together. Curtains next and some little extras, should be all for now.

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.morris.3388/videos/10208025698195102/

Greggshere
08-27-2017, 11:55 AM
So I took some photos this morning and I thought I would show how we have our Terry decorated right now. Very homey and we love it. Everything on the walls is secured in such a way that none of it moves when the trailer is towed. The wife would kill me if she thought I posted with the bed not made. We spent yesterday and last night in there, so unmade bed and some bottles on the counter. :) Also, sorry about the sideways photos.

BobbyandGenee
08-27-2017, 12:08 PM
So I have to ask, what did you use to hang stuff so it doesn't fall? We can't leave anything hanging while we move it. The roads here have so many potholes it's like going down a cobble stone road sometimes

Greggshere
08-27-2017, 12:20 PM
We use the normal mounting points an screws then I use the thick 3m double sided tape on strategic areas on the side or bottom. This keeps it from bouncing up and off the screws an also prevents swinging.

BobbyandGenee
08-30-2017, 07:52 PM
Well......we got the tub ordered. Cost more to ship it than buy it....and the custom tile. We are going to use http://www.txtr-lite.com/ and do the entire bathroom. Should be fun! I will start a new thread with our customized stuff.

Just wanted to share....since we have a grand daughter we actually like the front convertible booth. I modified it so instead of using the table there is a 3/4" plywood base so we could get it wider. We made a leg to support the outside edge with a 2x4. I will make future modifications to this setup to make it more flexible and appealing.

We just did some creative arranging of the cushions, and added some pillows from Pier 1 Imports to tie it all together.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170831/63f154ba8d2c97b9be30af780736b332.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170831/8cc938f0df2ef4b3ad2943c825125182.jpg

Furious10
08-31-2017, 12:59 AM
Well......we got the tub ordered. Cost more to ship it than buy it....and the custom tile. We are going to use http://www.txtr-lite.com/ and do the entire bathroom. Should be fun! I will start a new thread with our customized stuff.

Just wanted to share....since we have a grand daughter we actually like the front convertible booth. I modified it so instead of using the table there is a 3/4" plywood base so we could get it wider. We made a leg to support the outside edge with a 2x4. I will make future modifications to this setup to make it more flexible and appealing.

We just did some creative arranging of the cushions, and added some pillows from Pier 1 Imports to tie it all together.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170831/63f154ba8d2c97b9be30af780736b332.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170831/8cc938f0df2ef4b3ad2943c825125182.jpg

The booth looks good and your granddaughter has a "cave" under it...lol. So, I take it you're going to tile the bathroom instead of using a surround? That will be beautiful. That "tile" looks nice. Can't wait to see what you do.

Greggshere
08-31-2017, 07:06 AM
The booth looks so much better than stock. The grand daughter will have a blast. I'm looking forward to seeing progress pics of the bathroom. Can you post which tub and surround you went with? I'm still contemplating the bathroom mods.

BobbyandGenee
08-31-2017, 07:35 AM
Yes we are going to use this product floor to ceiling in entire bath. Each 2'x4' tile will add 1 pound to our GVW. Just need to figure out the shower valve once we get everything out, and how we will do shelves.

I have never done a full bathroom in an RV. So I assume I have to use an "RV" style shower valve. Can I get input from everyone on this question? If so, I need to order a new chrome one from RV parts country. This cheap looking white one has got to go.

And I think I will add a slide bar for the new shower head so we have more adjustability.

TravelTiger
08-31-2017, 09:41 AM
I could not read all the documentation on the tile you intend to use, but I am wondering if you can use it in direct water contact applications? How will it be grouted? I question how you intend to install as well, as traditional home building you need a cement backer or a special sealed drywall for wet areas behind tile? Water does get into grout. In our first starter home, new construction, about 2 years later our whole subdivision had issues with mold due to water seeping into grout lines and builder had used plain drywall behind.

BobbyandGenee
08-31-2017, 11:14 AM
So we had had a nice talk with the manufacture about this before we decided to try it.

We will be coating the walls of the shower with Hydroban (similar to Home Depot Res Guard) This will provide a water proof barrier that has some flex to it.

The tile is real stone. It will be installed with a hydroban adhesive. We know from prior use that this bond is virtually unbreakable.

There are no grout lines. All the tile is tight joint. Then a standard stone dealer is applied to the finished product to further increase the water proofing.

TravelTiger
08-31-2017, 10:57 PM
So we had had a nice talk with the manufacture about this before we decided to try it.

We will be coating the walls of the shower with Hydroban (similar to Home Depot Res Guard) This will provide a water proof barrier that has some flex to it.

The tile is real stone. It will be installed with a hydroban adhesive. We know from prior use that this bond is virtually unbreakable.

There are no grout lines. All the tile is tight joint. Then a standard stone dealer is applied to the finished product to further increase the water proofing.

Sounds like a plan!! I can't wait to see the finished product.

Furious10
09-10-2017, 12:47 AM
54465So, I'm trying to go with the Googie, mid-century modern, atomic (think Jetsons) style in the trailer. I wanted something on the small wall that the TV cabinet makes.
I saw a boomerang style clock while browsing the net. I used a boomerang theme in the Shasta and it fits perfectly with atomic style. The clock I saw was metal, too big and costs $700. Using that clock as a guide (not the same design), I made a working prototype out of lighter wood. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208096114315461&set=pcb.10208096114755472&type=3&theater

Furious10
09-15-2017, 10:43 PM
Later, I want to change the osb platform to a better and bigger plywood: at that time I may need to add another strut.

Also, I finally got the curtains done and installed. The fabric is called 'atomic boomerang' and nicely fits our theme.
54540 54541

Oh...and a couple of small pillows. 54542

Oregon_Camper
09-16-2017, 01:10 AM
.......... Later, I want to change the osb platform to a better and bigger plywood: at that time I may need to add another strut.

Why would you do this? It seems like there is no value to doing it and it will only add weight. Not saying you're wrong to do it...just wanted to understand why you're doing it..?? :confused:

BobbyandGenee
09-16-2017, 10:45 AM
That looks great! We want to do something with the curtains also, but we don't sew....lol! So that project will have to wait a bit.

After I finish the bathroom, I am going to explore the bedroom storage area. I agree, the design makes it very difficult to use.

Greggshere
09-16-2017, 03:13 PM
54465So, I'm trying to go with the Googie, mid-century modern, atomic (think Jetsons) style in the trailer. I wanted something on the small wall that the TV cabinet makes.
I saw a boomerang style clock while browsing the net. I used a boomerang theme in the Shasta and it fits perfectly with atomic style. The clock I saw was metal, too big and costs $700. Using that clock as a guide (not the same design), I made a working prototype out of lighter wood. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208096114315461&set=pcb.10208096114755472&type=3&theater

I like it. Very well made. Great job!

Greggshere
09-16-2017, 03:17 PM
We decided to use a lift strut to gain access under the bed. I used a 21", 100 lb. capacity lift. Only one is necessary to lift the bed and hold it open. Later, I want to change the osb platform to a better and bigger plywood: at that time I may need to add another strut.

Also, I finally got the curtains done and installed. The fabric is called 'atomic boomerang' and nicely fits our theme.
54540 54541

Oh...and a couple of small pillows. 54542

Very cool, nice custom touches are what them all different though they look the same on the outside.

Furious10
09-17-2017, 10:20 PM
Why would you do this? It seems like there is no value to doing it and it will only add weight. Not saying you're wrong to do it...just wanted to understand why you're doing it..?? :confused:

By bigger, I mean wider. Our mattress hangs over the side of the platform a good 5+" and when lying near the edge, one feels like you're going to roll off because the edge of the mattress sags. While OSB is cheaper than plywood, it is heavier and not as stiff and can result in sagging under weight. One of the biggest complaints about OSB is that it doesn't handle moisture or changes in temperature very well. OSB releases more formaldehyde (which is a carcinogen that is off-gassed) than plywood.
​Hope that answers your question...

Furious10
09-17-2017, 10:31 PM
That looks great! We want to do something with the curtains also, but we don't sew....lol!

We don't sew, either :p. I had a local drapery business do it. They have done drapes for me in the past. They also don't charge much (we are a small town) and do excellent work. You just have to be sure you're not in a big hurry...LOL.

Oregon_Camper
09-17-2017, 10:45 PM
By bigger, I mean wider. Our mattress hangs over the side of the platform a good 5+" and when lying near the edge, one feels like your are going to roll off because the edge of the mattress sags. While OSB is cheaper than plywood, it is heavier and not as stiff and can result in sagging under weight. One of the biggest complaints about OSB is that it doesn't handle moisture or changes in temperature very well. OSB releases more formaldehyde (which is a carcinogen that is off-gassed) than plywood.
​Hope that answers your question...

Yes...that answers my question. Thank for giving me the info....good to know for sure! :)

Islanders
09-18-2017, 01:52 PM
What a beautiful job on the new curtains, they look professionally done!

Islanders
09-18-2017, 02:17 PM
By bigger, I mean wider. Our mattress hangs over the side of the platform a good 5+" and when lying near the edge, one feels like you're are going to roll off because the edge of the mattress sags. While OSB is cheaper than plywood, it is heavier and not as stiff and can result in sagging under weight. One of the biggest complaints about OSB is that it doesn't handle moisture or changes in temperature very well. OSB releases more formaldehyde (which is a carcinogen that is off-gassed) than plywood.
​Hope that answers your question... We didn't have our Terry home 5 minutes before we replaced the particle board under the mattress with plywood. We did not want to sleep breathing in the formaldehyde. True most trailers are made with particle board because it is cheaper and we cannot replace it all but there are a few things we can do to improve the interior air quality. I have several formaldehyde absorbing plants and we keep an air purifier going 24/7. We also kept the windows and door open 24/7 unti this weekend when the weather turned wet and cool. It still has that particle board smell...but it is much better.

Furious10
09-18-2017, 03:24 PM
What a beautiful job on the new curtains, they look professionally done!

They are professionally done...I don't sew. LOL :p
A local drapery store did them. They do beautiful work.

BobbyandGenee
09-23-2017, 06:37 PM
Here is our kitchen I just finished. Used Speed Tiles. Cutting in that window was VERY time consuming but worth it!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/cc368effedb3416589b9db1765a0e24f.jpg

BobbyandGenee
09-23-2017, 07:10 PM
And that bathroom faucet has been bugging me too! You can barely get your hands under it! Replaced that today also!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170924/754ac024e7dddf745dd09e2af1286f7b.jpg

BobbyandGenee
09-23-2017, 08:00 PM
And since we eliminated the cabinet in the bathroom, we needed a storage spot with easy access to replace it. So I took one door from the old cabinet and installed it in the side of the bed. Now that whole cavity is easily accessible!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170924/c893ee6436598ba178a968a1dfa8b916.jpg

Greggshere
09-24-2017, 09:17 PM
It all looks great man! Great work! Love the idea about the under the bed door too.

BobbyandGenee
09-24-2017, 09:24 PM
It all looks great man! Great work! Love the idea about the under the bed door too.

[emoji106]

Furious10
09-26-2017, 10:20 AM
All your changes/additions look great! Nicely done.

BobbyandGenee
09-26-2017, 10:36 AM
Thanks! If anyone plans on doing the under bed door, pm me for more info

BrendaSummers
10-05-2017, 03:26 PM

I LOVE this! We will keep the front booth also for our dog and for anyone who stays with us. We pick our trailer up one week from Monday and can't wait to start decorating!!! I am not nearly as handy as everyone here who has made incredible modifications! You are all very inspiring. I'm an outdoor photographer so I need a lot of storage space for my camera equipment. I really love the idea of having more useable and easily accessible storage space under the lounge. We rarely use a table inside anyway as we tend to grill a lot and then eat outside. If the weather was bad, we'd just use a small folding table! One question though, where does everyone put their coffee pots? Okay, two questions....lol...and where do you put your garbage can? I was thinking maybe under the sink in the bedroom?

BrendaSummers
10-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Very cool, nice custom touches are what them all different though they look the same on the outside.

LOVING the curtains! I'm assuming you removed the original "track" and installed a new rod system. Is that correct? Would you mind sharing which curtain rod system you bought? This will be one of the first things I do.

Furious10
10-06-2017, 10:45 PM
LOVING the curtains! I'm assuming you removed the original "track" and installed a new rod system. Is that correct? Would you mind sharing which curtain rod system you bought? This will be one of the first things I do.

My DH took a stainless steel rod, curved it and then welded on screw tabs. So, it's custom. I had originally thought about 3 straight rods; one on either side and one across the front. Hooks are readily available (Lowe's) and could hang the rods. Most home improvement stores have curved rods that can be used. Also, Google "curved curtain rods" for sources on the web.
Good luck and post those pictures. :)

Furious10
10-06-2017, 10:58 PM
...We rarely use a table inside anyway as we tend to grill a lot and then eat outside. If the weather was bad, we'd just use a small folding table! One question though, where does everyone put their coffee pots? Okay, two questions....lol...and where do you put your garbage can? I was thinking maybe under the sink in the bedroom?

We usually eat outside and will use a small table inside for inclement weather. We put the coffee pot outside on a folding camp table where the outlet is. I'm thinking that you could also set up a small table across from the bed next to the back sink as a coffee bar: it could be hinged to drop for access to the drawers next to the bed or make it long enough that the drawers can be opened. We put the garbage outside in a pop-up plastic garbage can. It zips closed so no critters can get at it. Here are some options: trash cans (https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pop+up+garbage+cans+camping&sprefix=pop+up+garbage+can%2Caps%2C3050&crid=2VHIRHRAELTX2)

BrendaSummers
10-07-2017, 09:10 AM
My DH took a stainless steel rod, curved it and then welded on screw tabs. So, it's custom. I had originally thought about 3 straight rods; one on either side and one across the front. Hooks are readily available (Lowe's) and could hang the rods. Most home improvement stores have curved rods that can be used. Also, Google "curved curtain rods" for sources on the web.
Good luck and post those pictures. :)Thank you and I will definitely post photos! I was thinking that I might be able to modify a rod system that was made for a bay window. I'm still researching that. Do you know what the measurements are for the front window? We won't have our trailer for another week.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Furious10
10-07-2017, 05:33 PM
Thank you and I will definitely post photos! I was thinking that I might be able to modify a rod system that was made for a bay window. I'm still researching that. Do you know what the measurements are for the front window? We won't have our trailer for another week.

​I don't have the measurements and I'm away from it...sorry. I found corner curved rods (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39166400/) and these (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00219918/).

BrendaSummers
10-07-2017, 06:26 PM
​I don't have the measurements and I'm away from it...sorry. I found corner curved rods (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39166400/) and these (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00219918/).Oh wow! I really like those! Thank you for pointing me in that direction! We don't have an Ikea nearby so I tend to forget about them but I used to go there all the time when I lived closer. Great idea! I really appreciate all your help! And, yes... sorry... I know you aren't in your Terry ALL the time. Lol

Furious10
10-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Oh wow! I really like those! Thank you for pointing me in that direction! We don't have an Ikea nearby so I tend to forget about them but I used to go there all the time when I lived closer. Great idea! I really appreciate all your help! And, yes... sorry... I know you aren't in your Terry ALL the time. Lol

You're welcome. I am in the Terry a lot...LOL...I love it and am always "doing something" to it. I call it my "she shed"...LOL. I am currently not at home and I don't think you want my DH to give you measurements. :rolleyes:

macrepairboy
10-16-2017, 09:30 PM
Here is our kitchen I just finished. Used Speed Tiles. Cutting in that window was VERY time consuming but worth it!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170923/cc368effedb3416589b9db1765a0e24f.jpg

What tool did you use to cut the Speed Tiles around the kitchen window? We're loving the look of the Speed Tiles products. Just wondering what your installation process was and are the tiles flush around the window frame or was the gap enough for the tiles to be inserted behind the window frame. Our trailer is in storage at the moment, so I do not have a reference. Picking it up Thursday after work for a weekend trip, so I can check out the gap then. Your input would be awesome since you have experience with the product. Thanks

BrendaSummers
10-17-2017, 10:57 AM
You're welcome. I am in the Terry a lot...LOL...I love it and am always "doing something" to it. I call it my "she shed"...LOL. I am currently not at home and I don't think you want my DH to give you measurements. :rolleyes:We just picked our TCV21 up last night!!!! Woohoo! We'll be taking it out on it's maiden voyage this weekend! Noticed that the door window does not have a privacy shade or curtain on it. Did anyone come up with a fix for this?

BobbyandGenee
10-17-2017, 11:15 AM
We don’t have an issue with the door so much as it’s tinted. But obviously at night if you have lights on everyone can see in! When we did the back splash in the kitchen we removed the blinds. So we are also brain storming for a “fix”. If I come up with anything reliable I will chime in. But otherwise I also wonder if anyone has thought about this!

BobbyandGenee
10-17-2017, 11:20 AM
What tool did you use to cut the Speed Tiles around the kitchen window? We're loving the look of the Speed Tiles products. Just wondering what your installation process was and are the tiles flush around the window frame or was the gap enough for the tiles to be inserted behind the window frame. Our trailer is in storage at the moment, so I do not have a reference. Picking it up Thursday after work for a weekend trip, so I can check out the gap then. Your input would be awesome since you have experience with the product. Thanks

I used a grinder with a diamond cut wheel. I used the cardboard the speed tiles on to make a template for each panel when I got to the window. I rough cut the panel by about 1/4-1/2” bigger than I needed, then put the tile on a piece of flat plywood. Then I meticulously shaved the tiles down until I got a perfect right fit. I spent about 30-40 minutes on each corner. I wanted to make sure I didn’t have any gaps. Also, I put clear 10 year mold resistant silicone caulk between the counter and rear wall before I set the bottom tiles, then added another layer of finish caulk to the front after install. Wanted to prevent any water damage ever!!!!

BrendaSummers
10-17-2017, 11:36 AM
We don’t have an issue with the door so much as it’s tinted. But obviously at night if you have lights on everyone can see in! When we did the back splash in the kitchen we removed the blinds. So we are also brain storming for a “fix”. If I come up with anything reliable I will chime in. But otherwise I also wonder if anyone has thought about this!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI've seen window coverings that you can put on with 3M Velcro strips that I am thinking about going with but they're really just a piece of fabric with Velcro on the sides. I can easily make those. I've also wondered about the shades that are made for RV sky lights but I don't really want to have to drill anything into the door. I wonder if Velcro would work on those too?

We noticed last evening that you can see in the door at night, which probably isn't a big deal since it will mostly be facing the campsite, but it's still nice to have the option of privacy. You should be able to use the same system on the kitchen window, I would think.

Beautiful work on your kitchen by the way!

macrepairboy
10-17-2017, 11:55 AM

We don't have an issue with the door window either as it is privacy glass. BlackoutEZ.com sells removable blackout curtains with rounded corners. They attach to the window frame with velcro which can be ordered in the same color (black) and in custom sizes. Unsure how good/bad the velcro would look in the kitchen window when the blind is removed.

We were considering these for the two bedroom windows in rare cases where we wanted to sleep in. I typically wake up as soon as sun light shines through the closed factory bedroom blinds.

- - - Updated - - -

I used a grinder with a diamond cut wheel. I used the cardboard the speed tiles on to make a template for each panel when I got to the window. I rough cut the panel by about 1/4-1/2” bigger than I needed, then put the tile on a piece of flat plywood. Then I meticulously shaved the tiles down until I got a perfect right fit. I spent about 30-40 minutes on each corner. I wanted to make sure I didn’t have any gaps. Also, I put clear 10 year mold resistant silicone caulk between the counter and rear wall before I set the bottom tiles, then added another layer of finish caulk to the front after install. Wanted to prevent any water damage ever!!!!

Is the SpeedTiles product flush with the kitchen window frame?

BobbyandGenee
10-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Yes the tile is flush with the frame all the way around - here is photo blown up

SLO
10-17-2017, 07:41 PM

That sounds like the sick mind of a perfectionist. I like to think I go the extra mile but I think you beat me. Great job!!!!

BobbyandGenee
10-17-2017, 09:56 PM
That sounds like the sick mind of a perfectionist. I like to think I go the extra mile but I think you beat me. Great job!!!!

I just figured if I am going to look at it everyday, I want to be happy with what I did rather than second guess myself by saying “if I had just taken a little more time”. Since I do tile as the main staple for my business, there is also a little bit of pride in that also. Anyone can do it if they just relax and take their time. But thank you for the complement on the work! [emoji3]

dlo415
02-12-2018, 12:16 AM
Thanks! If anyone plans on doing the under bed door, pm me for more info

Hello. We are planning on doing an under bed door and can use any/all ideas. Thank you.

Furious10
02-12-2018, 02:12 AM
We decided to gain access to the under bed storage by installing a linear actuator. Lift struts won't work because the head of the bed can raise and lower.

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.morris.3388/videos/10208977569151281/

We also brightened the bathroom by installing an LED strip that can change colors, dim and "dance". I'll most likely just keep it on white or a soft blue...:rolleyes::D

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.morris.3388/videos/10208977611152331/

Bulldog-Family-of-4
07-02-2018, 03:40 PM
A little more room at the end of the bed would be nice to allow better access to change sheets in the Terry Classic v21. We are brand new to RVing and can't wait to try it out.

edwind
07-06-2018, 03:50 AM
We decided to gain access to the under bed storage by installing a linear actuator. Lift struts won't work because the head of the bed can raise and lower.

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.morris.3388/videos/10208977569151281/

We also brightened the bathroom by installing an LED strip that can change colors, dim and "dance". I'll most likely just keep it on white or a soft blue...:rolleyes::D

https://www.facebook.com/pamela.morris.3388/videos/10208977611152331/

the under bed storage look awesome, but it seems noisy :D

Furious10
07-12-2018, 12:41 AM
the under bed storage look awesome, but it seems noisy :D

Doesn't last long. But there are quieter actuators. :)

- - - Updated - - -

A little more room at the end of the bed would be nice to allow better access to change sheets in the Terry Classic v21. We are brand new to RVing and can't wait to try it out.

I'm trying the Beddy's. Please join our Facebook page for a lot more info.

WillyBill
07-12-2018, 10:07 AM
So between last weekend and this weekend I got it all done. The two LazyBoy recliners I bought fit perfect. The wife wanted his and hers in different colors and I was scepticle, but now that they are in I really like the two different colors side by side. They are the same model of recliner rockers and there is plenty of room for them to fully recline. SO comfortable, and so much nicer than the booth. Now we can actually sit and relax. I think next I might up-size the TV just a bit so my wife can read the closed caption easier. Anyway, here are some photos I took along the way, assuming I get them posted correctly now that my PB is closed. I think they are sideways and don't know how to correct that.

IMHO - You might want to use a storage container for that sewer hose or it will be dripping stinky water on the floor that can run anywhere it wants based on the tilt of the trailer at the time. NICE job on the custom work!!!

WB

Furious10
07-12-2018, 01:29 PM
IMHO - You might want to use a storage container for that sewer hose or it will be dripping stinky water on the floor that can run anywhere it wants based on the tilt of the trailer at the time. NICE job on the custom work!!!

WB

He may not have used it when this was done. Most store the sewer hose in the rear bumper. Thanks for the suggestion. :D