Awning LED strip lighting repair

We've only had our Trail Runner a few months but the LED strip lighting has never worked. Our dealer is 90 miles away so I haven't had a chance to take it in for repairs.

So today I made up my mind to trouble shoot it and figure out what's wrong with it. I turned on the switch and checked for power at the plug at the end of the strip and no power. I checked at the splice where the wiring comes out of the trailer and no power. I checked inside at the toggle switch and the was no power. I checked the switch for continuity and it worked fine. I check the hot side of the switch to an adjacent ground and it worked fine. So I knew the problem was from the ground of the switch to the LED strip. I pulled the ground wire out a little and low and behold there's a fuse holder in the wall! Sure enough the 5A fuse was blown so I replaced it and now the lights work fine.

Actually the fuse didn't look burned but it was definitely open. I think it's a cheap Chinese fuse that failed although I have no idea why Heartland put the fuse in the wall behind the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mslater

lucky to find it ...good luck with the LEDs mine started burning out after about 10 hours of use.