Time Out ?

talley

Does the Forum have a "time-out" feature for posting a reply? I was posting a reply and I suppose was taking a bit of time and I was "dropped" from the Forum and had to log back in. This is the second time it has happened. OR am I doing something to cause this action?

Thanks

truknutt

Committed Member
I have had the same experience. I now try to keep my responses short and to the point so I don't get "bumped off" prematurely.

Dave

linuxkidd

One way to get away from this is to use the 'Remember me' option when you log in. This prevents your session from timing out.

Otherwise, you will be logged out automatically after 15 minutes from the last click you issued. How long is this preset time? I *think* it's 30 minutes. I'm gonna see if I can find the number for sure.

Basically though, consider this. If you click on a thread that has 8 posts you've not read.. and you completely catch up, then use the 'Quick Reply' box at the bottom of the thread... However long it took you to catch up, AND how long it takes to compose a response... add up. If that combined time is longer than 15 minutes, you're logged out.

Lemme know if this helps!
LK

Last edited:

talley

Thanks... I had not checked the "Remember me" box since I had erased all the cookies.

truknutt

Committed Member
One way to get away from this is to use the 'Remember me' option when you log in. This prevents your session from timing out.

Thanks LK...with a simple check of that box I have been restored to my old long-winded self!!!!

The forum's members may be sending Voodoo curses your way from now on!!! :eek::eek: