welcome home light

jackdog

just purchased a 2018 heartland pioneer 322 the light above the entrance door will not go off tried every switch i can find. i think its a welcome light any idea's

jimtoo

Hi jackdog,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Some of the units come with a remote control, did yours? I don't which ones, but with some of the units some of the lights are controlled with a remote. Hopefully someone that has one of the Pioneer's will jump in with better info soon.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M

I just looked at your floor plan. Look at the bottom step going to bedroom near door opening. Some have switches mounted there so they can be reached when opening the door from the outside.

jackdog

i found those switches but nether one turns it off.i saw some thing about a magnetic switch in door that turns it off after 30 seconds but that doesn't seem to work.thanks for the info

danemayer

i found those switches but nether one turns it off.i saw some thing about a magnetic switch in door that turns it off after 30 seconds but that doesn't seem to work.thanks for the info
Landmarks have the Welcome Back light that is related to the switch under the entry door frame. I don't think any other Heartland brand uses that.

Are you talking about an interior light near the entry door, or an exterior light above the entry steps.

danemayer

It's got to be a switch you haven't noticed yet, or one that appears to be for something else. On our Landmark, the switch for that light is labeled "Aisle". If it's ON, the light stays on. If it's OFF, our Welcome Back controller will turn it on when the entry door is opened. Then after about 1 minute it goes off. But again, if the Aisle light switch is ON, the welcome back is bypassed.So I think there's probably a switch you haven't found. On Monday, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to contact the Pioneer manufacturing team to find out where that switch is located.

RoadJunkie

My '17 3575EL has the "welcome home" light feature. It turns on when the door is opened--don't know where the sensor/switch is located--but the light does turn off on it's own after a period of time. I've never timed how long it takes, but it does turn off independently. It cannot be turned off by using any of the user-available switches, at least that's my experience.