Travelsoft RV Water Softner

rfrost

I have a Travelsoft RV Water Softner. The RV park we are at for the summer has soft water so we don't need it. Does anyone have any suggestions to prevent it from getting a musty smell during long term storage. I hate to just leave the cap off for any critter just just crawl in and set up it's home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you feel a need to seal it up, you can get screw on plugs that fit the garden hose thread. Go to any big box home repair center.
When you need to put it back in service you can run a bleach solution through it to sanitize.

Peace
Dave

rxbristol

Here are directions for the On-The-Go water softener..the Travelsoft should be similar.

Before placing in storage or being idle for extended periods
<o:p style="box-sizing: border-box; outline: none;"></o:p>

1st - Drain Water from Unit
[h=2]Post Storage Instructions[/h]After extended periods of nonuse, sanitize unit by 1st - Performing Back Flush, 2nd - Drain water from tank, 3rd - Mix 1/4 of a packet of Sani-System with a gallon of water for the standard model, 1/2 of a packet of Sani-System with 2 gallons of water for the Double Standard Softener, 4th - Pour solution into tank and let it sit for 60 seconds Max, 5th - turn the water on full and flush the Sani-System out, 6th - Perform Regeneration