ATF: Bighorn - high point microwave

JBehrens

Model number EC942K9E, The display shuts turns off and disables the microwave after just a few minutes of working, then resets after a few minutes.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You could check the plug up in the upper cabinet.
It could also just be time to replace it with something better.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

Never used the convection part of the microwave. The unit died after two years and replaced it with a GE microwave oven. Works better.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have had a High Point for a number of years. It has been working great. Better than any I had before.

I find if you are using the Convection oven you need to let it cool for a while before you use the microwave. It will shut down due to excessive heat.

BC

danemayer

Hi JBehrens,

If your coach is still in warranty, you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to give you some direction on how to fix or replace the unit.

If out of warranty you might try Highpointe Service at 800-334-8251.

I deleted your other thread.

JBehrens

Thanks for everyone's help. The microwave is about two years old, so I think I will buy a different brand.

JBehrens

danemayer

One other thought - make sure your exhaust vent on the outside wall is open and doesn't have anything restricting airflow. If closed, the interior of the microwave could get too hot and trip a thermal safety switch.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

One other thought - make sure your exhaust vent on the outside wall is open and doesn't have anything restricting airflow. If closed, the interior of the microwave could get too hot and trip a thermal safety switch.
Dan is saying "open" meaning you pop the 2 clips up to release the flap so it will "open". I leave mine open.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

RandyDeb

That vent Dan is referring to isn't part of my dead Apollo microwave. It's for the fan on the range hood. Microwave had a duct setting on top that vented out the front grill. I was planning on getting the new mic to vent the same as the old, but now rethinking that. Any input as to which way is better?

1949model

Our High Point microwave overheated and shut down the second trip in our new Mallard M-26. Factory replaced with a new unit under warranty. We were concerned about the venting but understand venting for microwave is out the front of microwave and not the vent on outside of camper. After unit cooled off the display came back on. Unit was so hot, it could not be touched by hand. Have used the replacement unit twice now and appears to be working fine. Appreciate any other updates on this unit. Thanks for the info on the forum.