Wife' question about MCD shades

DickO

My wife was wondering today about leaving the MCD shades up when traveling to take the weight and shaking off the rollers then going down the smooth roads in the US. We had always kept the shades down on our 2010 BH but with the MCDs on our 2017 she thinks it might be too much on the rollers.

MCTalley

We've traveled with ours up and with ours down and never had a problem either way. In warmer weather, my wife leaves them all down when we travel (to cut down on heat). We might occasionally leave the rear one up.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm sure up is the best thing for them but I do both. Up and down depending on how sunny it is. If it's hot I put them down. But most of the time I run with the night shades up and the day shades half way up so they don't come out of the side wood channels.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jbeletti

We've traveled with ours up and with ours down and never had a problem either way. In warmer weather, my wife leaves them all down when we travel (to cut down on heat). We might occasionally leave the rear one up.
I do the same. With the Landmark, the wood tracks keep the shades from flailing while underway.

farside291

With the bouncing of the rough Texas roads they all end up rolled up anyway. So, I just leave them up. Up or down, hot inside temps when traveling are almost unavoidable here in Texas.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
We keep them all the way up and I do believe they recommend traveling that way. We also keep the fantastic fan in kitchen set at 75 while we travel on warm days to cut down on the heat in camper works very well.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We travel with them down, and haven't had issues.... yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

I travel with mi up and down never had a problem. I have become very good at restringing them. Not difficult at all

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

pegmikef

We keep them all the way up and I do believe they recommend traveling that way. We also keep the fantastic fan in kitchen set at 75 while we travel on warm days to cut down on the heat in camper works very well.

We do too. I have read in other threads about some snapping up and busting something. I had mine installed at the factory in McKinney and the techs that installed them recommended that we keep them up while traveling, especially on "washboard" roads (i.e., Oklahoma 69 or I-10 in Louisiana. I don't know if it is written anywhere though.

NYSUPstater

We were also told to travel w/ them up during our PDI. I'd rather keep them down to aid in keeping it cooler and so everyone cannot see inside. Our BC only has 1 shade---no night shade----bummer. Our old coach had pleated day/night shades. They were down all the time, but different attaching I know. In addition, I like to keep the roof vents open as well to aid in letting the heat out while under way and even here at the house---course the shades are down , but still, vents are open.

rxbristol

We roll down the road with the blinds up and if it is going to be hot, we turn the generator on 1 or 2 hours before stopping to run an air conditioner...it's nice and cool inside upon stopping for the day and we don't have to wait for the rig to cool down.