Disappointed with TST

danemayer

I've been a fan of TST, largely because of their customer support. But today, I am disappointed in them.

My 507 batteries get changed annually. When the case is opened, the tiny o-ring falls apart and has to be replaced. I bought them in 2011 and when changing the batteries in 2012, I found I needed o-rings. TST sent me a bag of o-rings, valve gaskets and screws - probably about 24 of each - no charge.

Today I found I had 2 o-rings left and needed another bag. A set of 6 o-rings and valve gaskets now costs $6.95 plus another $6.95 for Priority Mail shipping. So $13.90 for a set of 6. And next year another $13.90 or whatever they're charging. That's pretty expensive over 5 years.

I've sent them a note asking for the specs so I can price 50 or 100 from a small parts supplier.

Disappointing.

TST o-rings and gaskets.jpg

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sorry to hear about it, I've had my TST since 2014 and I must say that they have been great. Replaced two cracked units without question. I brought the extended but I hope I don't need it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

olcoon

I'm having second thoughts about them also. I couldn't get 2 of the sensors to work. Called them & they ran them through some steps, then told me I'd need some new ones, at $50.00 each. I also bought mine in 2011, I'm thinking possibly the other 2 may go out then I'll have $200.00 invested in it on top of the original cost. When I originally bought it, I was told I wouldn't need a repeater because our rig was only 30' long. Well that winter on the way to Texas it kept dropping the signal & I had to buy the repeater. There have been a few other issues with it through the years. I'm trying to make my mind buy the new sensors, or to buy a new system.

Lynn1130

Just my thoughts and no dig on anyone's choice to put these on their rig but I had a long conversation with a contact at one of the major tire companies that sells these. They had given him a set to try on his 5th wheel and the bottom line was he said don't bother. They are not worth it in the long run. Just maintain your tires.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Maintain? It's not always about that...peace of mind and that precious extra time to react...priceless. Hug those you love everyday

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Just my thoughts and no dig on anyone's choice to put these on their rig but I had a long conversation with a contact at one of the major tire companies that sells these. They had given him a set to try on his 5th wheel and the bottom line was he said don't bother. They are not worth it in the long run. Just maintain your tires.
You can maintain all you want but it wont prevent a slow leak from a puncture.
Mine has alerted me two times of a slow leak. Good news for me as I didn't suffer a blowout or damage. Bad news for the tire rep as he didn't sell me two new tires.
The system is worth having.

Peace
Dave

dlw930

I bought my TST flow through sensors a year ago. When they work, they're great. But I had to replace two sensors within the first month because they leaked. Since then I've had two more leak and a couple will not take air so I have to remove them to top of the tires. It's now time to put in new batteries so I may need more O rings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Mine has already saved​ me 1 tire and probably a whole bunch of body damage and repainting the full body paint job.
I'd say they are well worth the cost and hassles​ to maintain them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Good info, since I just ordered a 507 set to replace my old 510's. I read that TST was bought by a company called PSI. Could be the reason for up charging the parts. Kinda like Lippert when they took over the Ground Control system.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk