full body paint - what product to wash it?

tessa

hi-
what is the preferred product to use to wash the full body paint?

thanks

steve

rxbristol

I used to use Dawn and Turtle Wax ICE and had great results, but since full-timing I've switch to a waterless wash and wax (called Wash & Wax) and love it. It's quicker, gives a better shine and I can keep the rig looking good while on the road. The link above is for the gallon version, but it also comes in a concentrated form. Amazon sells it and it has a 5 star rating with over 800 reviews. I recently used it on my truck, while in the dusty desert, and an individual came by and said my truck looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

RoadJunkie

I think it's more about what you wash it with, than what you wash it with. That is, use lambs wool pad to wash it with rather than a brush. The brush is more likely to leave scratches. If you want to strip all wax, and apply something like Rejex, then use Dawn dishwashing detergent. Otherwise any gentle car wash solution will leave wax in tact.

BusManRG

Do you have to worry about dirt and grime scratching the finish if you use these products without washing first? As a "waterless" wash?

Sandy

TxRoadWarrior362

I've asked this question here, and I'm more confused than ever. You wil get answers like.......this, that, and the other. What I have gathered is that wash the rig with Dawn to strip all the stuff and wax off. Next, use multiple other products to protect. Pick your poison to protect! It's the Ford, Chevy, Dodge speech again but with bugs! :cool:

tessa

thanks for all the info- now the fun part.... looks like friday will be good day to wash the camper. I like the idea of the waterless wash and wax- as we also full time

pjones1969

https://washwax.com/cleaning-your-rv.html
I used to use Dawn and Turtle Wax ICE and had great results, but since full-timing I've switch to a waterless wash and wax (called Wash & Wax) and love it. It's quicker, gives a better shine and I can keep the rig looking good while on the road. The link above is for the gallon version, but it also comes in a concentrated form. Amazon sells it and it has a 5 star rating with over 800 reviews. I recently used it on my truck, while in the dusty desert, and an individual came by and said my truck looks like it just came off the showroom floor.

Thanks you for introducing this product, I ordered the full kit with additional Bug Scrubber head and some Rubber Care tire cleaner from Aero Cosmetics through Amazon for my new 2017 CY 3800 FBP, got it yesterday, can't wait to use it this weekend..... truck and trailer both are getting the full treatment.

Have you used an of their products on your roof? Website suggest Belly Soap

rxbristol

Do you have to worry about dirt and grime scratching the finish if you use these products without washing first? As a "waterless" wash?

Sandy

Sandy, if the rig is REALLY dirty I use a pail with warm water with a very small amount of dawn along with a long pole brush to get the worst off then use the Wash & Wax. If it's just normal road dust/grime, Wash and Wax along with good quality micro-fiber towels are adequate. It has not scratch my rig.

- - - Updated - - -

https://washwax.com/cleaning-your-rv.html

Thanks you for introducing this product, I ordered the full kit with additional Bug Scrubber head and some Rubber Care tire cleaner from Aero Cosmetics through Amazon for my new 2017 CY 3800 FBP, got it yesterday, can't wait to use it this weekend..... truck and trailer both are getting the full treatment.

Have you used an of their products on your roof? Website suggest Belly Soap

I know that you'll really enjoy it. The more I use Wash & Wax the more I like it...two hours to totally wash and wax my rig...love it. I usually don't wash the roof even though I inspect it regularly. I've had to re-seal something every year.