Lowe's Military Discount Policy

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
For all you military veterans and retirees who have been using the 10% discount at Lowe's, they've changed the policy somewhat. Rather than retirees having to show an ID card, you can get your service information linked to a MyLowe's account (it's not the same as your charge account) and just show the MyLowe's card, regardless of how you pay at the register. It will also let you use the discount when shopping online.

The discount is also being extended to all veterans. If you have a MyLowe's account, you can register online. If you have difficulty doing it online (I did), you can go to a store's Customer Service desk and they can do it for you.

JohnDar

Great info. I just show my id card

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So have I, but it wasn't possible to get the discount if ordering online. Now it is. Always have my blue ID card with me.

This will benefit non-retired veterans who don't have an ID card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dean-Pam

Was at Lowe's today, showed my ID and was informed of the new policy. Didn't have time today to fill out the application, but since Lowe's is my second home, will do it tomorrow. :)

CoveredWagon

My local Home Depot, in MI, gives a 10% discount as well. They have for years. The last time I asked at the one here in FL they said sorry. I wonder since Lowes does nationally now if Home Depot will change their policy. I tried to use Lowes web site to register but it didn't like my date of discharge or date of release from active service.

coram8

Great info. I always use Lowe's as a first choice because of their military discount. And it seems every project I do requires at least 3 trips to the store!

alexb2000

For all you military veterans and retirees who have been using the 10% discount at Lowe's, they've changed the policy somewhat. Rather than retirees having to show an ID card, you can get your service information linked to a MyLowe's account (it's not the same as your charge account) and just show the MyLowe's card, regardless of how you pay at the register. It will also let you use the discount when shopping online.

The discount is also being extended to all veterans. If you have a MyLowe's account, you can register online. If you have difficulty doing it online (I did), you can go to a store's Customer Service desk and they can do it for you.

Thanks for this, I am Veteran so I wasn't getting any discounts (except on veterans day from HD). Anyway, what a nice policy change.

JohnDar

My local Home Depot, in MI, gives a 10% discount as well. They have for years. The last time I asked at the one here in FL they said sorry. I wonder since Lowes does nationally now if Home Depot will change their policy. I tried to use Lowes web site to register but it didn't like my date of discharge or date of release from active service.

Never had a problem with showing my ID card at any Lowes or HD I've been to.

I also had trouble doing it online, but was able to get it done at a local store in about 5 minutes.

alexb2000

I had the same problem, I was using the end of service date on my honorable and whatever system they are using didn't like it (not real happy about all that personal info. being so easy to access). Then I looked on my 214 and used the "separation date this period" which was much different and it worked fine.. Also, keep in mind both your B-Day and Sep. date are in military format.

JohnDar

I had the same problem, I was using the end of service date on my honorable and whatever system they are using didn't like it (not real happy about all that personal info. being so easy to access). Then I looked on my 214 and used the "separation date this period" which was much different and it worked fine.. Also, keep in mind both your B-Day and Sep. date are in military format.

Might have been it didn't like my dates. Entered AD in Oct. 1967 and came off AD in 1971. Went Reserve in 1976 after a hiatus and my service date was adjusted to 1970. Retired the end of 2003. At any rate, it didn't require a lot of personal information be put in.

avvidclif

I tried to set it up online and it didn't like something. So, I went to the store and was told the online has some problems. It took the clerk at the store several tries but finally got it squared away. Went to check out and give it a try. Wouldn't recognize the MyLowes military discount. Clerk figured out they changed the discount key from F4 for regular MyLowes to F6 for the MyLowes military discount. It's a new system installed last week and they are still getting the bugs out. If you don't have your MyLowes card then a phone number works just fine on the F6 key......

meagle

On another note...it is nice to see recognition for service to our country. I remember coming back from the war in Vietnam to protests and no respect for the sacrifice that so many made during that time in our history. I am happy to see a different mindset now. As a result of Lowes honoring veterans I shop their exclusively for home improvement items. Since my house was built in the 1930's and I've remodeled it the amount of money spent at Lowes has been considerable. It has benefited them and of course me, but more important it is wonderful to see a large American company recognize those who have stood by our country.

Buffchief

One thing I read was that Lowe's won't take the ID card anymore you need to use the MyLowes card with status linked. Don't know how true that is or if it is coming.

Home Depot is on a store basis for the discount. All Lowe's have been military discount for retirees, AD, and VA ID card holders.

I didn't have a problem linking mine online.

JohnDar

One thing I read was that Lowe's won't take the ID card anymore you need to use the MyLowes card with status linked. Don't know how true that is or if it is coming.

Home Depot is on a store basis for the discount. All Lowe's have been military discount for retirees, AD, and VA ID card holders.

I didn't have a problem linking mine online.

The three Home Depots in my general area all honor the blue ID card, as do a couple I've been to a little further away. We spend a lot of the summer in northern Michigan and both the Gaylord and Petoskey stores honor it, no questions asked.

Dean-Pam

I wish I could say I had the same luck with HD, but I have had problems with the HD store at home, Orlando, FL and Florissant, MO. None of them questioned my retired ID, the check-out register would not apply the discount. The manager would have to be called to do a manual override. I have given up on HD and use Lowe's almost exclusively. Lowe's always thanks me for my service, ask me about my shopping experience. Like I said at the beginning, I wish I could say the same about HD.

The three Home Depots in my general area all honor the blue ID card, as do a couple I've been to a little further away. We spend a lot of the summer in northern Michigan and both the Gaylord and Petoskey stores honor it, no questions asked.

CoveredWagon

Did you ever get the "oh that's a Michigan card, I've never seen that before." I get that in Fl quite often Go figure like there are no "snowbirds in Fl.

JohnDar

The blue ID card is issued by the military to retirees. State of residence has nothing to do with it. Doesn't have an address on it.

CoveredWagon

The blue ID card is issued by the military to retirees. State of residence has nothing to do with it. Doesn't have an address on it.

mine was issued by Oakland county, denotes Oakland county Mi. Fl uses a V on a drivers license.

JohnDar

mine was issued by Oakland county, denotes Oakland county Mi. Fl uses a V on a drivers license.

Then you must have a state/county issued veteran's card, not a retired military ID card (DD Fm 2-Retired). If you served 20 or more years active and/or active reserve, you should get the right card from a military Pass & ID office. I go to Selfridge for mine and the wife's.