Sheared screws in flooring

Jtmitchem

Our 2015 NT 24RBS has two screws that the heads have sheared off. They are located in the transition at the doorway. Any ideas for removing the screws? Don't want to further mess up the flooring.

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Are these the screws that hold the transition strip in place?
If so I would remove the entire strip and try to grab with a Vice-Grip what is left of the screw shank.
If that is not possible then I would drive in a new screw right next to the broken one. The head of the new screw will cover the leftover broken screw.

Peace
Dave

Jtmitchem

Yes, these are the screws that hold the transition strip in place. Unfortunately the shank is completely flush with the floor. I can drive a new screw near the broken one, but didn't want the first pre-drilled hole exposed. It looks like I might have to suck it up.

Are these the screws that hold the transition strip in place?
If so I would remove the entire strip and try to grab with a Vice-Grip what is left of the screw shank.
If that is not possible then I would drive in a new screw right next to the broken one. The head of the new screw will cover the leftover broken screw.

Peace
Dave

gasman

Camp Socializer
Can you just angle the new screws slightly so you can use the pre-punched holes and then just miss the screw bodies?

Lou_and_Bette

Cut/grind head off 2 screws of same size and super glue them in "pre-drilled" holes. Then, evenly space two new holes and insert new screws. Will look like it was designed that way. ;)

Bones

I had the same issue. I removed the transition then using a punch punched the screw all the way through. Got a bigger screw and I was done. Everyone is happy.