2017 torque 345 fuel station

Kyle11

Hi everyone, I just got my 2017 torque 345 and had a question about the fuel station and how to get it to work. All the toy haulers I have seen with a fuel station had a switch inside the unit to send power to the pump which usually has a timer that automatically turns off after a set amount of time. I don't see a switch inside my unit to turn the power on to the pump? I also can't get the pump to pump fuel since there's no power at the fueling station. Any help is greatly appreciated!

danemayer

Hi Kyle11,

Congratulations on the new Torque and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There are quite a few Torque owners on the forum, so I expect you'll get some help shortly.

Thenry

Hello everyone, I joined the forum back in December when we bought our new 2017 Torque T-30 toy hauler upgrading from a Forest River 16' Work and Play weekend toy hauler. Now that it is warming up we are exploring and learning how everything works and I found I have the same issue with operating the fuel station. I have accounted for every switch on the main control panel in the coach. I've even searched all the closets, cabinets and even the front storage compartment. The cover for the switch at the fueling station is labeled "Emergency Shutoff". I have turned every switch in the coach on and still have no power to the gas gauge or the fuel station switch. All the research I've done indicates there should be a momentary rocker switch that you press until a light comes on that connects power to the fuel station for 15 minutes but I sure can't find a switch or an unaccounted for light. I'm beginning to think the wrong control panel was installed and the fuel station power was never wired into the control panel. By the way the installed generator gets fuel just fine. Any assistance would be appreciated as the dealer we bought our trailer through tends to be rude and not very helpful, good pricing but poor customer service after the sale.

Tim

Thenry

I was able to talk with a Heartland factory rep today and at least on the Torque T-30 they did away with the in coach timer switch. He said to make sure there was enough fuel in the tank otherwise it was probably a bad pump. He gave us a list of authorized warranty centers in our area so we could have it checked out and repaired.

Thenry

Took my T-30 into the dealer under warranty and they found the wires at the pump switch connector had coroded so 12V wasn't present at the switch. This connector is positioned in the perfect spot to catch the spray from the left tire and is not a weather tight connector! The dealer corrected the problem under warranty but there is nothing to stop it from happening again; when it does I will probably button splice it and heat shrink it eliminating the connector. I notified Heartland technical support who at least acted interested and told me they would note it and pass onto engineering.

Hi everyone, I just got my 2017 torque 345 and had a question about the fuel station and how to get it to work. All the toy haulers I have seen with a fuel station had a switch inside the unit to send power to the pump which usually has a timer that automatically turns off after a set amount of time. I don't see a switch inside my unit to turn the power on to the pump? I also can't get the pump to pump fuel since there's no power at the fueling station. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey Kyle11

I have a 2017 345 as well. My fuel station has a toggle switch at the pump. When you open the door the switch is a silver toggle on the pump. It doesn't time out. Simply power it off when done.