Motion light inside door of 2016 bighorn

danemayer

Hi Graftontom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Are you talking about the interior light over the entrance? If so, does it illuminate when the door is opened, as well as when people are moving around?

Hi Graftontom,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Are you talking about the interior light over the entrance? If so, does it illuminate when the door is opened, as well as when people are moving around?

i believe it is just when we are inside. We found the fuse but it also disabled a bunch of interior lights too

Oregon_Camper

You never want it to come on? We find it useful when coming in at night, as finding the other light switches inside the cabinet door was difficult before we added a motion light bar inside the cabinet.

...you could simply remove the LED bulb and never worry about it again.

danemayer

If it's a Welcome Back Light, it's supposed to come on when the switch under the entry door closes, providing a ground signal to the control module. If you can locate the module, you could interrupt one of the module wires to disable it.

If under warranty, next time you take it to the dealer for service, you might put it on the punch list. It's likely the control module - maybe the switch under the door.

I've attached 2 files that may help if you want to try to modify the circuit yourself. One shows the location on a Landmark 365. The other is a block wiring diagram. You may have to take down the rear wall of the pass through basement storage to locate the module. If you do modify the circuit, you might want to interrupt one of the wires with a switch so function can be restored in the future.

Note that the block diagram is based on the Landmark implementation, which includes a control panel switch for the aisle light. If you don't have a switch, your implementation will be a bit different.

Attachments

• Location of KIB Welcome Back Light Circuit.jpg
    Location of KIB Welcome Back Light Circuit.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 53
  • Welcome Back Light Block Diagram Entry Switch.pdf
    52.1 KB · Views: 32

Gary521

I agree that this is the welcome back light. Mine has never worked right. While it may be useful at times there are other times when I would not want it to come on. The control module is behind the basement wall if you want to fix it or disable it.

Thank you all. I think we will try to remove the light bulb completely. I like the idea of a led motion light bar in the pantry by the rest of the switches. Oregon_camper do you know where you purchased said light bar?

Oregon_Camper

Thank you all. I think we will try to remove the light bulb completely. I like the idea of a led motion light bar in the pantry by the rest of the switches. Oregon_camper do you know where you purchased said light bar?

We bought them (2 pack) on Amazon and they are AWESOME. They detect light levels and won't come on during the daylight when motion is detected, in order to save battery life. My wife just bought another 2 pack to use in her classroom (dark cupboards)

The one last nice thing is how they mount to area. They come with a self sticking magnet (strong!) and then the unit just clicks into the magnet strip. Make is really easy to change battery...just pull off magnet. We've had ours for just about 14 months and have not had to change battery yet.

Shown below is where we mounted in our Bighorn. Just open the cabinet doors and presto...there is light. :cool:

Hope this helps.

Amazon Link

Motion Light.jpg 20170510_191240.jpg

BusManRG

We bought them (2 pack) on Amazon and they are AWESOME. They detect light levels and won't come on during the daylight when motion is detected, in order to save battery life. My wife just bought another 2 pack to use in her classroom (dark cupboards)

The one last nice thing is how they mount to area. They come with a self sticking magnet (strong!) and then the unit just clicks into the magnet strip. Make is really easy to change battery...just pull off magnet. We've had ours for just about 14 months and have not had to change battery yet.

Shown below is where we mounted in our Bighorn. Just open the cabinet doors and presto...there is light. :cool:

Hope this helps.

Amazon Link

View attachment 51839 View attachment 51840

We love ours also! We have one exactly where you placed yours and also in the cupboard under the sink. Ours came as a three pack and the third is in the outside storage behind the TV.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by a moderator: