Warranty Problems

tbsimmons

Jim,
The wife and I picked up a 09’ 3912 Cyclone in March. Love the trailer, but the service from where we bought is lacking, Clovis RV is the seller, the service for them is done through RV Outlet, both in Fresno CA.
We went to do the walk through on our trailer and RV Outlet told us said Heartland forgot to put the beds in the garage. We were told it was ordered correctly, just not built right. So they were supposed to order the beds that day, I don’t know if they did or not.

We went on our first couple of trips and wrote a list of problems, the beds included. I told RV Outlet that I did not want to bring the trailer in twice so I would wait until all the beds came in. We took the trailer in around June 9th to have all the stuff fixed and beds installed. It took this long to get everything in by what we were told. Prior to taking the trailer in I told them that I needed the trailer for a trip on June 26th and was told it was no problem that it would be done.

Well comes the week of the 26th, I was told they ordered manual beds for the trailer, which I did not think were even an option on an 09’ Cyclone 3912, much less dual manual beds. I had to leave the trailer there and use my parents for part of our vacation.

I picked the trailer up on July 3rd for a week long trip, beds were installed and was told everything got fixed. I did not have the time to go over every little part of the trailer again because of me living about 150 miles south of Fresno and had to get back to work.

Get the trailer home to check everything out. Some of the workmanship is crap to say the least, items that were said to be fixed were not, and a few other problems that RV Outlet caused.

Go on the week vacation and decide to call RV Outlet and drop the trailer off on July 20th. We were told the by the service manager that he would be there on a Sunday so we could drop it off. No one was there to take delivery and were also told he designated the service writer to be there by the salesman that we left it with after he spoke to the service writer. So we had to drop the trailer off in the parking lot, not secured and give the keys to one of the salesman.

Spoke with service writer on July 21st, and he had no idea of being there on Sunday, which does not surprise me from some of the stories that we have been told up to this point.

We still don’t have our trailer back because of waiting on parts. Blinds in the garage that were damaged the first time along with the kitchen table. They don’t know when the parts will be there. We were told they had to order them from Heartland.

This is getting to the point of being aggravating. Being lied too on multiple occasions, stuff not fixed properly or in a timely fashion, never being called on follow-ups, us calling them to find the status out and still without a trailer.

This type of payment and not being able to use it is really the part getting under my skin. We have canceled a vacation and had to use another trailer on one because ours is in the shop again. The one we traded in had less problems and had not seen a service department in the last year we owned it.

What are my options?

$250.00 or so to take and pick up the trailer is getting outrageous, more so than the time I have to take off of work to do it. 7.5-8.0 mpg and 300 miles with diesel being 5.00 plus a gallon. There website says they are open from 8-12 on Saturday, which is false. http://www.rvoutlet.net/contact.html

If you want a complete list items wrong I can supply that.
Thanks.

tbsimmons

Got the trailer fixed form above items, well some of them.
Just an update for all on this.
The trailer is back in for service again.
Dropped it off around Oct. 12, at Stiers RV in Bakersfield by the request from Heartland.
Items that were to be looked at:
Underbelly sag
Propane door is hitting the propane bottle causing the door to bend
Front jack blowing the fuse with a full tank of water
Side of bed covering coming off on both sides
Wall coming apart on the side of the couch
Electric awning not getting the fabric tight, any wind will cause the awning to whip
Some other small items that I cant think of right now.
Heartland told Stiers parts will not get to Stiers until 12/18.
Wow 1.5 months to deliver parts to CA. That is a new one to me.
I am going to contact Heartland again tomorrow or monday about this.
I dont know if I am just not saying the right things to Heartland, but this is not acceptable in my eyes.
Took 3 months from order to delivery of our trailer. This service trip is going to be almost that long.
Is there anyone at Heartland that can help on this?

To be honest I am wishing now I would have kept the 06 Jazz we got rid off. Really no problems after the intial test run trips to the dealer.

tbsimmons

Wow no responses. Oh well about the same Heartland has been. I have been told that the rest of the parts showed up yesterday. Without the trailer for 2 months at a service department Heartland told me to take it too.
Heartland did not even approve all the repairs. This is beyond the point of being mad, it is funny now.

gpshemi

What became of your troubles. In the process of buying a 3812 right now. This is not the typical story I hear from Heartland owners, but seeing it feels alot like my experience with Keystone, I don't want to make the same mistake twice. Hope they made this right for you.

jblack

Mr. Simmons,
My Name is John Black, I am the sales manager for RV Outlet. I'm currently working at our Arizona store until March, but would like to get involved to get all of your issues resolved. If they have not been addressed you can contact me at 559-790-4714 so we can go over all remaining items that need to be fixed. In the future contact me directly and I assure you this is not the type of service you can expect from us in the future.

Thank You,
John Black