Splendide Combo Unit 2100 XD

crussian

I had asked a question regarding the Splendide washer/dryer combo in another thread but I think it got lost within all the responses to other questions. Thought I would make thing a single item question. We are thinking of purchasing the Splendide washer/dryer combo unit but I saw a few accessories that I thought I needed. One, the dryer vent kit, for obvious reasons. Two, the secure bracket set to get it anchored to the floor, and three, the water pan (goes underneath the Splendide). The water pan needs a way to funnel the water out should a hose or machine leak water. My question was, does the installer drill through the floor to the basement and then through the basement and then through the coroplast so the ultimate drain? I can't imagine trying to go through the wall to the outside.
Thanks in advance,
C&J

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
The route of the drain from the pan is rig-specific. Ours goes down the inside wall in a wiring chase, then under the dresser, it goes straight down through the floor into the propane compartment. (Open at bottom.)

Btw the u shaped anchors by Splendide do not keep the unit from tipping, only keep the unit from moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garypowell

When you go to cut your vent in don't trust the X sticker HL puts on the wall. I did and ended up notching one of the studs.

Use a stud finder.

crussian

The route of the drain from the pan is rig-specific. Ours goes down the inside wall in a wiring chase, then under the dresser, it goes straight down through the floor into the propane compartment. (Open at bottom.) Btw the u shaped anchors by Splendide do not keep the unit from tipping, only keep the unit from moving. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply, in the Oakmont, it is in the bedroom corner. I havent eyeballed the path straight down but it is either in the basement or the front compartment. Front compartment would be bad, that has my batteries and Onan with a metal floor. Once I figure out the straightest route I'll know how to proceed. Just dont like the idea of water paths running through all the electronics in that forward compartment. Thanks again.

C&J

- - - Updated - - -

When you go to cut your vent in don't trust the X sticker HL puts on the wall. I did and ended up notching one of the studs. Use a stud finder.
Ouch, that would hurt. So nomal everyday stud finder will find those aluminum studs running north and south?
C&J

Garypowell

I called HL to confess and was told they had modeled cutting a "stud" all the way through and it was not a problem.

5 years later all ok.

I am am sure I have read others have used standard stud finder......that's how the smart people do it!

Garypowell

I'll mention something else....I have not put a tray under my unit. I got a piece of shower liner at Home Depot and folded and cut it such that it sits under the unit and goes up the back so that the walls are protected if a hose breaks.

The way it is folded it any water will drain out the front. I know water is bad with chip board but only if you let it sit. I have several reasons I don't worry about it:

1. We don't travel in freezing weather.

2. We turn off the water after each use. I moved the valves around the side so they are easy to get to and use garden hose paddle type valves for hot and cold water.

I will mention that when I first hooked mine up the hose connection leaked at the HL supplied valve. It was still in the back and this is one reason I moved it. I took out the false wall that covered it (gave more room too) and moved it around to the side.

The reason it leaked was that a brass nib on the valve itself kept the screwed on hose connection from screwing on enough to seal the washer. But this nib made you think it was as tight as could be. A day or so later I saw water dripping out the front....and the pan would have not caught it since it was running behind the wall.

I double washered it and all is well now for 5 years. I do believe this winter (in Florida) I'll change out the paddle valves.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
The route of the drain from the pan is rig-specific. Ours goes down the inside wall in a wiring chase, then under the dresser, it goes straight down through the floor into the propane compartment. (Open at bottom.)

Btw the u shaped anchors by Splendide do not keep the unit from tipping, only keep the unit from moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar to how I ran mine, except the battery/hydraulic compartment is under it. It is not possible to use the floor anchors with a drain pan unless you put more holes in it. As it is, the machine doesn't move in the pan.

crussian

Thanks for the replies. Will have to take a look and re-engineer my thoughts.

C&J

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

I had asked a question regarding the Splendide washer/dryer combo in another thread but I think it got lost within all the responses to other questions. Thought I would make thing a single item question. We are thinking of purchasing the Splendide washer/dryer combo unit but I saw a few accessories that I thought I needed. One, the dryer vent kit, for obvious reasons. Two, the secure bracket set to get it anchored to the floor, and three, the water pan (goes underneath the Splendide). The water pan needs a way to funnel the water out should a hose or machine leak water. My question was, does the installer drill through the floor to the basement and then through the basement and then through the coroplast so the ultimate drain? I can't imagine trying to go through the wall to the outside.
Thanks in advance,
C&J

As posted before, routing of the drain pan is rig spacific. That being said, in our Big Horn the combo unit is in the right front. I routed drain hose behind the WD wall through the chase between the WD cabinet and the dresser. I removed the chase by finding the screw heads using a magnet. Also removed the dresser drawer to gain access under it. Drilled a hole into the top of the propane storage compartment. Did this after measuring several times inside and out. Used a small drill from the outside up and then large drill inside dowm. The drill was the same diameter as the hose. Then routed the hose from the pan into the compartment. Clamped the hose to the side of the compartment and made sure the hose run was level to down hill from the WD drain pan. Added screen to the outside end of the hose held on with Gorilla tape to keep bugs out.

Used a good wood and metal stud finder to locate the studs. Do not use the vent drill guide pasted to the inside. If I did, I too would have drilled through a stud.

I also purchased a single single handle WD shutoff at Lowes. Makes life easy. Used Shark Bite fittings to install. I read several threads on Heartlands form and others. Purchased plastic washer balls and wool dryer balls. They work well. We use Costco WD soap packets and dollar store close softener. Mix the softener 50/50 with water. Does an excellent job. We found that using the low heat setting is best and never dry the shirts or blue jeans. Note that blue jeans and towels need high spin at end of the wash cycle. We shake them out and hang them up as soon as the washer stops. All washes when ended do not go into a dry cycle. The close are removed and shaked out. Washer balls removed and wool dryer balls inserted with the close. We like the combo WD once we got this down. Also do two small loads rather than over loading it. Doing this will give good results. Would not be without washer dryer again in an RV.