Tried my convection oven

southernlady5464

BIG FAIL!
Yes, I preheated. It heated up, put the pan on the rack, closed it. And it stopped, fan stopped and it stopped turning about 5 mins in (was suppose to cook for 40 mins). Preheated again and this time it stopped right after I put the pan back in.

It's also a very poor microwave, underpowered.

Its a Frigidare Gallery model, came with unit. Still under warranty. Is it possible that the convection oven is a lemon?

danemayer

Do you have a vent on the outside wall of the kitchen? On many rigs, excess heat from the convection oven is exhausted through that vent. If left closed, the oven may get too hot and for safety reasons open a power cutoff.

If your vent is open, or if you have a different exhaust arrangement, it may just be a defective appliance. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you how to get it serviced under warranty.

southernlady5464

danemayer, thanks. We wandered outside, found the vent. It was snapped shut so husband unsnapped it and I'm trying again. Will update if that worked.

southernlady5464

It worked.

Two questions?
Do we latch the vent closed to travel?
if I open to check the progress, how do I restart it? I've tried pressing start. What I did was turn it off and right back on but there has to be a better way.

danemayer

It worked.

Two questions?
if I open to check the progress, how do I restart it? I've tried pressing start. What I did was turn it off and right back on but there has to be a better way.

If your vent looks like this, you can leave it open.
Microwave Vent open.jpg

I don't know about restarting it after opening the door. Perhaps someone else with the Frigidaire Gallery knows the answer.

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
If you leave the vent open, is there a chance bees or hornets might nest in it? That would be a mess!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

danemayer

If you leave the vent open, is there a chance bees or hornets might nest in it? That would be a mess!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
With the type of vent pictured, I think most people leave them open while traveling. Probably good to close it when the rig is in storage. That type's been out for a couple of years and I haven't seen any posts about pests.

jbeletti

I've traveled for a few years with that same vent unlatched. Never found any intruders and never lost the flap.

pegmikef

It worked.

Two questions?

I opened mine four years ago this coming July or August, forgot about it, and it has been open ever since then.

I don't know about your model, but on our GE, we just pull the door open, it flashes pause, then close the door and it will prompt for start. Touch the start button and it picks up at the point it was paused.