Different Terry?

Furious10

All the Terry Classic V21s are supposed to be the same. One cannot order any options. When we took the Terry to the dealership (see "Wheels" post) I noticed another Terry for sale, I went over to inspect it. Yep...different. The outside has two large 'Terry Classic' stickers; one on the top front and one middle rear. Also outside, only two top front marker lights while ours has three. The sticker is the reason. Hmmm...let me check inside. The table for the lounge area (in ours) is on two removable poles; this Terry had a scissor table. What else? The two burner stove top (ours has three), has a flush glass cover (we don't) and no oven (we do). The entertainment array is not an iRV like ours and appears to have less functions. Everything else looked the same. Just thought it was odd. Anybody else seen this Terry?

danemayer

All the Terry Classic V21s are supposed to be the same. One cannot order any options.

Even though there's only 1 model and there are no options, that doesn't mean that Heartland doesn't continually make changes to try and make the unit more attractive to buyers.

Furious10

Even though there's only 1 model and there are no options, that doesn't mean that Heartland doesn't continually make changes to try and make the unit more attractive to buyers.

I'm not complaining...just was different and that's fine. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this version. Also wondering about which version was made first. I'm just wondering...I'm just curious that way. ;):D

Gaffer

All the Terry Classic V21s are supposed to be the same. One cannot order any options. When we took the Terry to the dealership (see "Wheels" post) I noticed another Terry for sale, I went over to inspect it. Yep...different. The outside has two large 'Terry Classic' stickers; one on the top front and one middle rear. Also outside, only two top front marker lights while ours has three. The sticker is the reason. Hmmm...let me check inside. The table for the lounge area (in ours) is on two removable poles; this Terry had a scissor table. What else? The two burner stove top (ours has three), has a flush glass cover (we don't) and no oven (we do). The entertainment array is not an iRV like ours and appears to have less functions. Everything else looked the same. Just thought it was odd. Anybody else seen this Terry?

You can find a build date on the off door side of each rig.

Furious10

You can find a build date on the off door side of each rig.

Thanks. I know ours but forgot to look at the other Terry. I'll try to get to the dealership later this week.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll find out who the Terry GM is and see if I can get them to engage here.

Thank you. I think these might be a popular trailer and like all new trailers, it will have some quirkiness. I'm sure Heartland would appreciate feedback.

BobbyandGenee

I would be curious to know this also. There were "prototypes" that were different. It sounds like this unit might be one of the prototypes? As an example, the flyer has a "heartland" logo in place of the middle running light, but that is now gone and the switch on the panel inside (although still labeled) is a blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furious10

I would be curious to know this also. There were "prototypes" that were different. It sounds like this unit might be one of the prototypes? As an example, the flyer has a "heartland" logo in place of the middle running light, but that is now gone and the switch on the panel inside (although still labeled) is a blank.

Yes, the flyer and some of the Youtube videos show the prototype. This one is a little different...the TV and cabinet were smaller in the "prototype" (this one looks like ours), the refrig. door (this one is like ours) and, as you mentioned, the "Heartland" logo (this one has "Terry Classic"). I was able to get to the dealership today and compare build dates. The one for sale is written, 2017/26/04. Ours is written, 2/02/2017. So ours was built first.

P

Paul.craven

Hello and sorry I am late to this thread. I hope everyone is enjoying their retro Terry Classic from Heartland RV, and thank you for your business. As previously mentioned, we often make changes in the early stages when designing and building new brands. Sometimes this is brought on by early feedback, parts availability, product improvements etc. In the case of the Terry Classic, we did have changes to our initial builds due mainly to parts availability and dealer feedback (the first prototype had no oven, front signage, smaller TV, removable table with folding legs along with some other items). While we certainly try to minimize any changes, we will take advantage of any opportunities to make positive changes as quickly as possible in order to deliver competitive, dependable and fun/practical RV's as we can.

Furious10

Hello and sorry I am late to this thread. I hope everyone is enjoying their retro Terry Classic from Heartland RV, and thank you for your business. As previously mentioned, we often make changes in the early stages when designing and building new brands. Sometimes this is brought on by early feedback, parts availability, product improvements etc. In the case of the Terry Classic, we did have changes to our initial builds due mainly to parts availability and dealer feedback (the first prototype had no oven, front signage, smaller TV, removable table with folding legs along with some other items). While we certainly try to minimize any changes, we will take advantage of any opportunities to make positive changes as quickly as possible in order to deliver competitive, dependable and fun/practical RV's as we can.

Thank you for engaging with us. We love the Terry and plan to change a lot of the interior to reflect the exterior. I'll post pictures of the progress. I'm not complaining about the changes; quite frankly I like ours better than the current one at our dealer. Changes are inevitable and necessary. :D Thanks again for your reply.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Thank you for engaging with us. We love the Terry and plan to change a lot of the interior to reflect the exterior. I'll post pictures of the progress. I'm not complaining about the changes; quite frankly I like ours better than the current one at our dealer. Changes are inevitable and necessary. :D Thanks again for your reply.

Yup!

When we bought our 2015 Prowler P292, we loved everything about it.

Then the 2016 version came out a few months later . . . the big change was LED lights all the way through . . .

DOH! :p . . . shoulda' waited . . . right?

Oh well . . .

Then the 2017's came out . . . big time change!

Also changed the model number to the P293.

Glad we didn't wait as we never would have considered this new model as it has been dumbed down . . . took out the bedroom slide (which is where the clothes closets are) and the bedroom door access to the bathroom is gone.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Like what John said, if you wait 6 months, it'll be different. That's why we purchased when we did, all the "boxes" were checked when we walked the rig we now have. I told my Husband that if we waited they'd change it and we wouldn't like it. Well, surprisingly they haven't changed too much over a year, and actually made some improvements we'd like to have. But typically, if you see one the exact way you want it, you better "buy it now" or you may not get what you saw before. It's the nature of the industry.

Greggshere

Yes we just bought our Terry last month and it is different than the one I saw online. It has the scissor folding table (now gone) because it was not stable, unsteady and difficult to get into the booth. We now have a drop leaf round table which is much better, but I think long term the booth is coming put and we will go the recliner route that Furious has done. It also only has the two burner stove and no oven. :(

BobbyandGenee

That is so crazy that the first unit built were different like that! A big selling point for us was the three burner with the stove! We have used that appliance on every trip so far.

We have the two leg table. We continue to play with ideas of what to do there. We need the ability to convert to a bed for when our kids and grand kids come with us in trips. And that table really adds needed counter space when cooking and prepping food.

I am working on a plan to re do that wood shelf under the window. I have hit my head on the corners to many times! I worry my grand daughter will hurt herself getting in and out of the booth also. We are going to put as many summer miles on it as we can, than start remodel in the fall when the weather cools off. It's been near 100 every weekend here!

Furious10

Yes we just bought our Terry last month and it is different than the one I saw online. It has the scissor folding table (now gone) because it was not stable, unsteady and difficult to get into the booth. We now have a drop leaf round table which is much better, but I think long term the booth is coming put and we will go the recliner route that Furious has done. It also only has the two burner stove and no oven. :(

That is so crazy that the first unit built were different like that! A big selling point for us was the three burner with the stove! We have used that appliance on every trip so far.

We have the two leg table. We continue to play with ideas of what to do there. We need the ability to convert to a bed for when our kids and grand kids come with us in trips. And that table really adds needed counter space when cooking and prepping food.

I am working on a plan to re do that wood shelf under the window. I have hit my head on the corners to many times! I worry my grand daughter will hurt herself getting in and out of the booth also. We are going to put as many summer miles on it as we can, than start remodel in the fall when the weather cools off. It's been near 100 every weekend here!

Sounds like BobbyandGenee have the same model we have. 3 burner with oven and two leg table (gone). No logo on ours (happy about that). Like I wrote, we have no need for extra sleeping. I think we still would have removed the dinette and put in a (home built) couch like we did in the Shasta, and add a trundle or use an air mattress. Here is the couch we built. The trailer was widened by us to 80" so my 79" husband could sleep cross-ways. It was as deep as a daybed. I slept there. 11034289_10203948904597810_8466780905222170333_n.jpgThe dinette made in to a bed, also...my DH slept there.12046758_10203948904397805_3360362502752745097_n.jpg The outside.12046758_10203948903037771_2720397619244361884_n.jpg

TerryLove

I would love to get hold of one of the folding leg removable tables for my Terry v21. The table with 2 legs is too small and makes it difficult to slide in between it and the refrigerator. Help??

2019_V22

I would love to get hold of one of the folding leg removable tables for my Terry v21. The table with 2 legs is too small and makes it difficult to slide in between it and the refrigerator. Help??
Just call heartland and have them send you a table for the V22.