2016 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI is a towing beast

kf5qby

I finally got to take my NT 21FBS for a decent highway trip and I have to say I am very happy with the 6.4. I know most people like the diesel. I understand as I used to own one. but if you can't afford the $8K markup for the oil burner, the 6.4L Hemi makes a great tow vehicle.

Before this trip I kept thinking I wanted to change the gears from 3.73 to 4.10. Now I don't believe it is needed for the weight I tow. The truck did not seem to care. It easily maintained highway speed even on grades. Overall very happy with it.

JSchneib

I am not surprised you like the 3.73. I have a 4.1o in my older 5.7 2500 and I think the 3.73 would be much better on the highway. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I pull our Prowler 5th-wheeler through the mountains of Colorado and surrounding states with a 2015 Chevy 2500HD 6.0L gasser with the 4.10 rear end.

It also is a trailer hauling beast!

ProwlerMonarchPass-P1010480.jpg

RonTimmer

I currently have a 2015 RAM 2500 with the 6.4 and 410 gears, I love this truck and it has outstanding power. I am getting ready to upgrade to a 3500 but if we had not went to a fifth wheel that was just too heavy for the suspension I would have driven this truck until the wheels fell off.

Take care,
Ron