Looking for an RV Park near Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, CO

jbeletti

Hello Colorado,

Nancy and I are going to a concert at Red Rocks in late July. Having never been to this area, we'd like your suggestion on where to stay for a couple of nights. Especially interested in feedback from those who have stayed in the area. Even interested in places to NOT consider based on your experience.

We might want to position ourselves to visit Coors in Golden as well. We have a 43' Landmark Newport and will be looking for a 50 amp FHU site.

Thanks Colorado!

danemayer

Hi Jim,

We stayed 2 weeks at Chatfield State Park, which is pretty close. Very nice loops with long pull through sites. Nice facilities. It's not far from the places you want to visit. Good response time from EMS too. :rolleyes:

Aurora State Park is on the SE corner of Denver. So a bit further. It's a little prettier.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Or the KOA in Central City where we had the Colorado HOC Rally last year.

We are going there over the July 4th. weekend.

There is also Dakota Ridge in Golden . . . never stayed there but have always wanted to try it.

Gary521

I agree that Chatfield is very nice. There is one pretty close called Dakota Ridge. While I have never stayed there as we live near by, it looks very good.

dwpkdavis

We live about 3 miles from Red Rocks.

We have stayed at Chatfield State Park. As Dan said - nice long loops. On this location make sure you read about which entrance to bring your rig in. One entrance does have a height restrictions.

We we have stayed at Dakota Ridge several times. It is really convenient to Red Rocks. This is our go to place when we have work on the house where the dogs need to be out of the house. This location is also very convenient to Golden and the brewery.

KOA in Central City is also nice. A bit more of a drive to Red Rocks.

There is a campground in the heart of Golden. I can't remember the name. It is pretty tight in there and don't think we would try to go there with our 38' Bighorn. I have heard of other club members that have stayed there. Not sure of their rig size.

If if I think of any others, I'll let you know.

jstarwal

Grandma Nancy I just sent you a Chuckwagon dinner that we enjoyed going to win during the Springs also they got one in Durango that we really like going to just a little FYI

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

8amps

I thought "who lives 3 minutes from Red Rocks??!!" Duh! Darren & Pam! Hi guys!

Jim, Bear Creek Lake is where we stay when we're there, our house is just a few minutes from Darren & Pam. It's a county park with water and electric and a dump station but nice big sites in a lovely setting. We'll be staying there July 30 - August 6. It can be hard to get in, though we just made a reservation for a week a few days ago.
http://www.lakewood.org/Camping/

When is the concert?

jstarwal

Grandma Nancy I just sent you a Chuckwagon dinner that we enjoyed going to win during the Springs also they got one in Durango that we really like going to just a little FYI

LOL that's the problem of not proofreading when you use voice to send a message

I thought "who lives 3 minutes from Red Rocks??!!" Duh! Darren & Pam! Hi guys!

Jim, Bear Creek Lake is where we stay when we're there, our house is just a few minutes from Darren & Pam. It's a county park with water and electric and a dump station but nice big sites in a lovely setting. We'll be staying there July 30 - August 6. It can be hard to get in, though we just made a reservation for a week a few days ago.
http://www.lakewood.org/Camping/

When is the concert?

We just spent 5 nights at Bear Creek Lake RV park and I need to update some things. First, they have 1 water fill station but none at the sites. They do have 30/50 amp service and a very nice dump station. Not a tree for miles so I guess that makes it 'satellite friendly' in the current vernacular. For 5 nights, we were squeezing our fresh tank on our Bighorn 3160 the last day. Nice park and plenty of hiking and biking trails, archery, horseback riding, etc. But, if you are looking for full hookups, they don't have them.

Roger

Gary521

Its the west entrance that has the height restriction at Chatfield. Use the entrance off of US 85 ( Sante Fe Drive ). Reserve ahead as this park fills up.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
We stay at Dakota Ridge when we are down in that area for the straight track races. It is a pretty decent place. You can climb up the hill side there and see the entire park and then some.