Mattress

Pokiejoe

Hi all, looking to replace the mattress in our Landmark. Some say not to put a regular home mattress but one made for the RV. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We went to BedZZZ Express and ordered a residential mattress. After 2 years of hunting, we just happen to stop in here and asked if the carry any mattresses that are 72x80. First question from them was was this for an rv and we said yes. The saleman also owns an rv and knew the problem that we were having. One of his companies does specialty orders and he also replaced his camper mattress with this one. It's called King Koil Port Charles Lux Firm King. The price was a little over $800 which tickled me pink. Even tho the mattress is 11" thick, it still works well getting into the under bed storage lift platform.

mlpeloquin

And then there is Comfort Air. If you have back problems, Comfort Air or Select Comfort can not be beat. Former in the RV and the latter in the S&B.

farside291

I called Heartland and was told the platform for the mattress is standard size. I just put a non-RV queen tempur-pedic mattress in our Big Country and it fit perfectly. Very heavy though, bed struts don't hold but nothing that a short piece of wood closet rod didn't fix.

justafordguy

We installed a standard size 13" memory foam mattress in ours, fit perfect. We liked it so much we bought the same one for our house.

Alan_B

Our Bighorn 3570RS came with a 7" memory foam king size mattress, which took up too much space in the bedroom.

So we cut down the platform and installed a queen sized Sleep Number mattress.

Wanderlust

We have an Amerisleep mattress in our Landmark Newport. Struts hold up, and its 12'inches thick. Did have to downsize from the king to queen but I can now make the bed by myself and sleeps like a dream and less than half the price of a temper pedic with no stinky smell fresh out of the bag. It's is a plant based product and we love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlw930

We've had a Sleep Number and Tempur-pedic in our Landmark, neither of which met both our sleep needs. We recently bought a Denver Mattress Supreme RV King 11" Euro top from Lippert at the National Rally Discount price of just over $500 with free shipping. We've only slept on it about 10 nights, but so far it's working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlpeloquin

We also have a tempur pedic in our Cyclone. It is heavy so the gas struts do not work but it fits in there just fine.

Look at your struts closely. The manufacture and part number are on them. You will find the spec for them on the net. You can purchase ones that are the same size and stroke with a lot more lifting power and replace them.