Adding a refrig

We have a 09, 3600 RE 5er. I am considering placing a small cu-ft electric refrig (that will fit) in the lower storage area that is accessed from the front and back side of the 5er, (not to be confused with the storage area underneath the over-hang and next to the front supports).

We are close to being full timers and having to keep drinks on ice is a little hassle. Do other folks do this or will I have ventilation problems or can I expect other problems?
<O:p</O:p
I suspect the refrig would be on all the time with the side doors closed. I would probably turn it off if we were gone an extended time. I am a new-be. This is a great forum. If this post needs to be moved feel free to do so. Thanks. :)

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I've seen others with a small fridge in their storage bay. We have the 10 cu. ft. fridge with the ice maker and have plenty of ice. We also have a small freezer where the washer/dryer is supposed to be. We can put extra ice in it if needed. If you're just wanting to keep cans and bottles cold, you're idea would be great!

I was just concerned that there might be a little heat build-up but this area has some ventilation from the back door area next to the holding tank valve controls. Plus maybe the new refrig don't give off much heat. I would probably have it on about 4 days a week then off if we were not there. Thanks for the replys.

chrizg

Have one in the storage area. It seems to work good. In this pic its sitting on Linx levelers before I built a wood stand for it. Wanted the door to open out so I could put crap to the side of it. We love having it out there. All the pop/beer goes in here and doesn't take up space in the main fridge. When in travel I put the expandable bars in to keep the pop from dropping when we move the camper.

DSC03690.jpg

N9MB

Hi Clay,

I have a refrigerator (it's made by Danby and holds a 30 pack) in mine and leave it turned on all the time with no problems. I built a 2 inch tall by 48 inch wide by 24 inch deep platform to set it on alongside my 32 inch flat screen. I will try to remember to take some pics this weekend and post them.

N9MB

Finally got around to uploading the pics of the fridge.

The shelf is covered with glued on carpet tile which helps keep things from sliding around.