Registration Confusion

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Recently on Facebook group, someone was.struggling with getting their Cyclone registered in Texas, stating it's length made it a "Park Model".

Another person shared this form that they had to fill out.

78101e0c1a2de109c917ce832f42be90.jpg

I'm not sure what's going on here, but it sounds odd. Why would a longer recreational vehicle suddenly be classified a park model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

The statutory definitions don't appear to include Park Model, so TXDOT is probably trying to find a point of differentiation between Park Model and Travel Trailer. And they thought 8' vs 8.5' and 40' length would do the trick.

When I registered our Landmark, they asked what type of trailer it was. I said "5th wheel". They replied that 5th wheel was not a valid designation. So they suggested it was a "box trailer". I said "RV". They didn't recognize that either. I think eventually we got to "Travel Trailer."

Makes me wonder how many trailers are titled incorrectly.

Bones

I think in this case I would choose the best option and go with it. It is pretty hard to fight city hall and will cause a lot of aggravation. My trailer would be 40 feet long 8 feet wide and a travel trailer.

LBR

Form states that it must be less than 40' in length, not 40' or less.

When they run the supplied VIN on form, they would find out if it actually is over said 40', which in turn be knowingly falsifying information on form that becomes a Class 3 felony....Whoo.Hooo for Oregon registrations...lol.