Propane Tank Auto Changeover Regulator

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
I'm having a problem with the tank auto changeover regulator.

It worked great in the past and after using it for the first time use this year, it will not change over to the tank on the door side. This is whether I use the automated method or the manual method. I've taken the full tank from the street side and replace the empty one on the door side. There is no problem getting propane to flow from that side.

I'm guessing the regulator is defective. But before getting a new one, I wondered if anyone here has encountered this issue.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'm no expert, just repeating some of what I've read. Have you tried closing and reopening the Tank Valverde veeerrryyy slowly? Maybe the tank safety was engaged.

Could it also be the pigtail on the door side (between the tank and regulator.) We had to change one of ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

It worked great in the past and after using it for the first time use this year, it will not change over to the tank on the door side. This is whether I use the automated method or the manual method. I've taken the full tank from the street side and replace the empty one on the door side. There is no problem getting propane to flow from that side.

I'm guessing the regulator is defective. But before getting a new one, I wondered if anyone here has encountered this issue.

Check the vent holes on the regulator and make sure nothing is blocking them. You may have a plastic cover that hides the regulator vents that can usually be removed for inspection.

nander

Texas North Chapter Leaders-retired
We have this same issue. We have changed the regulator on the door side along with new lines from the regulator to the tank. It still does not allow the gas to flow to the other side.

The only item that is not new is the changeover regulator. That will be changed next.

aron30

I had the same problem on my previous trailer. It turned out to be the hose from the tank to the regulator. There is a safety feature in the hose end (a ball/spring mechanism) that shuts off the flow if too much flow is sensed in the system, such as when there is a leak. Try putting the pigtail on the currently working side on the other side and see if you get flow. If so, then it is clearly the pigtail safety feature which malfunctioned and the hose needs to be replaced. Good luck!

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Thanks everyone, I'll try a few things on my end. If nothing works, I'll be at the Goshen rally next week and have someone help there.