Bug Deflectors

Piperflyer

How many of you are running bug deflectors on the hoods of your trucks and do you think they really work? I looking for something that might cut down on the amount of bugs I end up with on the front of my truck everyday. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
I have one but I think it's more looks than bug deflection although I've had more than one stone come flying off it.
I also use a custom fit grill bug screen by Fia to keep bugs off and out of the front grill area
Check out the additional protection I added to the front of our SD for our trip up and back the Alaska Hwy...
8afb5f4b1093d4b8dc6e2dfd60d644b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roller4tan

Anyone traveling along the gulf coast in the spring knows about love bugs. I've seen many tow vehicles and semis with bug deflectors. Their windshields looked just as bad as mine without one. :mad:

Lynn1130

I stopped using them years ago. It changed the airflow over the front of the truck and made humming noises at certain speeds. I went nuts trying to find the noise and then the installer told me that they had complaints about that with some trucks.

Clear bra over the front and mirror backs and Rejex including on the window. The bugs don't stick.

I would worry about airflow into the engine compartment with a full screen over the front. Chevy is pretty specific about not covering the opening in the front of the Duramax due to constricted airflow and cooling.