PDA

View Full Version : EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Elmendorf - 10/6/2017 to 10/8/2017

Pages : [1] 2

2psnapod2
05-24-2017, 05:57 PM
Venue:
------------------------------

Braunig Lake RV Resort
13550 Donop Rd
Elmendorf, TX
(210) 633-3170
http://brauniglakervresort.com/
Pets ok?: Yes
Golf carts allowed?: ?
Golf Cart restrictions?: ?
Golf Cart fees?: ?

Details:

Number of sites held: 25
Register by end of day 9/26/2017
Site fee: $30 per night or $200 per week.
Club Member Event fee: N/A
Non-Club Member fee: $20
Potluck: Yes
Potluck date: Saturday- October 07
Potluck time: 5:00 pm

Event Leader: 2psnapod2(click to contact) (https://heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=10043)

Additional Info:
Please call the park to make reservations. **Only those that are arriving BEFORE the first day of the rally (October 6th) need to call and make reservations, is what I was told by the park as they've set aside enough sites to accommodate us from the 6th-9th.

The park offers dinner on Friday night at a cost of $8.00 per person (cash only) which includes your meal, drink and dessert. Dinner is served between 5:00 pm and 6:30 pm. We'd like to get as many people as possible to join us for dinner on the 6th. Please let us know if you plan to join us for dinner, so that we can give the park a heads up as to how many to expect.

The park also offers breakfast both Saturday and Sunday morning from 8:00 - 10:00 at a cost of $5.00 per person (Cash Only). You are welcome to partake or not...it's your call.

You can find sample menus for dinners and breakfasts on their website.

Attendee List:
1. Michael & Kelly Barnett 10/2-10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
2. Jay & Stella Coffman 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
3. William Brown 10/6 - 10/8 (Shirt) (Dinner)
4. George Speir 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirt) (Dinner)
5. Mike & Peg Finnegan 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
6. Don & Vicky Smith 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
7. Keith & Betty Orlopp :-( Thanks to Harvey! We'll miss you
8. Tom & Linda Black :-( Thanks to Harvey! We'll miss you
9. Frank & Debbie B. 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
10. Ted & Dee Davis 10/4 - 10/8 (Shirts) (Dinner)
11. Andy & Joanna Grimes 10/6 - 10/8 (Shirts) (Dinner)
12. Edward & Susan Potts 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
13. Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
14. Bob & Connie Sims :-( Thanks to Harvey! We'll miss you
15. Orville & Barbara Wright 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
16. Corbin & Flora Tayloe 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirt) (Dinner)
17. Paul & Nancy Lineen - 10/4 - 10/9 (Dinner)
18. Larry & Mary Oberbeck 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
19. Lin & Debbie Ballard 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
20. Auguie & Cheryl Henry :-( Thanks to Harvey! We'll miss you
21. Larry & Gayle Kuykendall 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
22. Joe & Anne Maxwell 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
23. Elend & Kim Toten :-( Thanks to Harvey! We'll miss you
24. Tim & Becky Sacrey 10/4 - 10/8 (Shirt)
25. Bob Curry 10/4 - 10/9 (Dinner) (Shirt)
26. Jim & Bette McGee 10/5 - 10/9 (Shirt) (Dinner)
27. John & Rana Krussow 10/5 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)
28. Gus & Debra Funderberg 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts) (Dinner)

AGENDA FOR RALLY

Friday, October 6th

9:00 am Breakfast Extravaganza (bring a side dish to share)

5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Park Dinner, $8.00 per person (dinner, drink & dessert)

6:30 pm – 7:00 pm Rally ‘Link Up’ – Cover agenda, answer questions, etc

7:00 pm - ?? Games & visiting in Rally Hall for those interested

Saturday, October 7th

8:00 am – 10:00 am Park offered breakfast, $5.00 per person, cash only

10:30 am Electric Pressure Cooker Demo

5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Potluck (Club to furnish main dish, members are asked to
provide a dish to share & bring own beverages)
**Please wear your rally shirt so we can get a group picture!

5:00 pm – 7:00 pm 50/50 Raffle ticket sales and drawing

7:00 pm – ?? Games & visiting in Rally Hall for those interested

Sunday, October 8th

8:00 am – 10:00 am Park offered breakfast, $5.00 per person, cash only. Hugs & Handshakes for those departing today

Here is a Document of things to do in the area.

jayc
05-24-2017, 07:15 PM
Yippee!! The 2P's first rally, how could we miss it? We're looking forward to having a rally in this beautiful and historic area.

2psnapod2
05-24-2017, 07:21 PM
Jay good to hear! once you get registered let us know your dates and we will add you to the attendee list!

esscobra
05-24-2017, 07:50 PM
Do you know what area/type of sites are being reserved? please let us now as soon as we can call to make reservations

2psnapod1
05-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Do you know what area/type of sites are being reserved? please let us now as soon as we can call to make reservations

They are setting aside 25 sites...deluxe pull-thrus will be filled first and then they will move to deluxe back-ins. We will let you know when you can start making reservations. With the holiday weekend coming up they're just too busy right now to finalize our rally.

esscobra
05-24-2017, 09:14 PM
put me down for a deluxe pull thru

jassson007
05-24-2017, 09:21 PM
We wanna make this one but not sure yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chippendale
05-26-2017, 07:47 AM
Please put me on the list for at least 5 nights, maybe a week. Also, are the "Deluxe" sites you mention what they call "Premium" sites on their web page?

Thanks,
George Speir

2psnapod2
05-26-2017, 10:11 AM
put me down for a deluxe pull thru

When you make your reservation you can put that request into the person you talk with.

- - - Updated - - -

We wanna make this one but not sure yet.

Gonna keep our fingers crossed that you can make it Andy!

- - - Updated - - -

Please put me on the list for at least 5 nights, maybe a week. Also, are the "Deluxe" sites you mention what they call "Premium" sites on their web page?

Thanks,
George Speir

Hi George! Glad to have you!

When reservations open up and you make your reservation just let us know how long you've decided to stay and we'll update the list then. As far as 'deluxe' vs. 'premium'...I'm not sure. The woman I spoke with called them 'deluxe', when she calls back next week to confirm everything I will get some clarification and let you know.

pegmikef
05-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Peg and Mike will be there, just not sure of the days yet. We used to make an annual fishing pilgrimage to Port Mansfield (near there) and always enjoyed the area (not the heat though), but sadly most of our old fishing buddies have been called home.

Pokiejoe
05-26-2017, 10:13 PM
Please put us down to be there and will let you know the dates when we make reservations next week.

Don aka Pokiejoe and Vicky Smith

2psnapod1
05-27-2017, 10:32 AM
Peg and Mike will be there, just not sure of the days yet. We used to make an annual fishing pilgrimage to Port Mansfield (near there) and always enjoyed the area (not the heat though), but sadly most of our old fishing buddies have been called home.

Gotcha down, Mike! Just let us know your dates once you've made your reservations, please! Hoping that it won't be too terribly hot in October...

- - - Updated - - -

Please put us down to be there and will let you know the dates when we make reservations next week.

Don aka Pokiejoe and Vicky Smith

Thanks, Don! We've got ya down and look forward to meeting you!

Cage427
05-30-2017, 02:39 PM
Betty and Keith Orlopp
Put us on the list - we will be there for probably a week. Update you when we reserve.

2psnapod1
05-30-2017, 07:02 PM
Betty and Keith Orlopp
Put us on the list - we will be there for probably a week. Update you when we reserve.

You got it! Added you to the list! Looking forward to meeting you both!

jayc
05-31-2017, 11:01 AM
I tried to make our reservation but Susan hasn't put the paperwork in for the rally yet so I have to call back tomorrow. It will be for arrival on Oct. 2nd.

2psnapod1
06-02-2017, 05:36 PM
You may go ahead and call Pioneer and make your reservations now! Just a reminder: Sites are $37 per night for the 2 rally nights, plus you can get 2 nights before or 2 nights after at the rally rate...that price includes full hook up and cable. If you choose to stay a week the price is $214 per week, plus electric.

Sites are assigned as we arrive and they start by filling up pull through sites 66-89 first, and then move onto filling up nearby back ins.

Please let us know your dates once you've made your reservations!

esscobra
06-02-2017, 06:11 PM
if theyre not going to reserve pull thrus for longer rigs-and cant get there till friday night - im not interested trying to stuff into short back in - played that game- they want our money but cant reserve space-

2psnapod2
06-03-2017, 06:44 AM
They have all pull throws except for like the last 2. I have no issues being in one that will free up another pull through for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pokiejoe
06-03-2017, 09:19 AM
Good morning,
Just made our reservation, arriving 10-4, departing 10-9. Looking forward to being there and meeting new friends.

Don and Vicky

Chippendale
06-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Just made my reservations, will arrive on the 4th and leave on the 9th.

George Speir

2psnapod1
06-04-2017, 10:29 AM
if theyre not going to reserve pull thrus for longer rigs-and cant get there till friday night - im not interested trying to stuff into short back in - played that game- they want our money but cant reserve space-

You can always call and see if they will accommodate your wish. I'd hate to not have you join us because of a site issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Good morning,
Just made our reservation, arriving 10-4, departing 10-9. Looking forward to being there and meeting new friends.

Don and Vicky

Awesome! Got you down for the 4th to the 9th of October!

- - - Updated - - -

Just made my reservations, will arrive on the 4th and leave on the 9th.

George Speir

Perfect! Looking forward to meet you, George....and Dolly too!

Cage427
06-04-2017, 01:40 PM
We have reserved spot October 6 thru 11. Our first time at a Heartland Rally.

Betty & Keith Orlopp
Georgetown Texas

2psnapod1
06-04-2017, 05:53 PM
We have reserved spot October 6 thru 11. Our first time at a Heartland Rally.

Betty & Keith Orlopp
Georgetown Texas

So glad you've chosen our first rally as chapter leaders to attend as your first Heartland rally!

2psnapod2
06-04-2017, 06:47 PM
The sites are the ones that are listed in blue. Then a couple that are not.

esscobra
06-05-2017, 02:58 PM
made reservation - 10/6-10/8 lisa said she was putting me down for one of the pull thrus- first time rally and looking forward to it

2psnapod2
06-05-2017, 03:35 PM
made reservation - 10/6-10/8 lisa said she was putting me down for one of the pull thrus- first time rally and looking forward to it

Glad to hear they were able to help you out! We'll see you in October!

'Lil Guy'
06-05-2017, 08:54 PM
Called a little late this evening and couldn't get through. I'll try to make reservations tomorrow morning for the 4th and leaving on the 9th. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

jayc
06-06-2017, 01:12 PM
We finally got registered to arrive on the 2nd and departing the 9th.

2psnapod1
06-07-2017, 08:11 PM
Called a little late this evening and couldn't get through. I'll try to make reservations tomorrow morning for the 4th and leaving on the 9th. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Hope you got your reservations taken care of...I've added you to the list! Looking forward to meeting you!

- - - Updated - - -

We finally got registered to arrive on the 2nd and departing the 9th.

Added your dates, Jay! Hopefully we'll see you before then!

Jamersons
06-13-2017, 08:03 AM
Would love to be there but we'll be in Fredericksburg for Oktoberfest, staying at Oakwood RV if anyone else is in the area.

2psnapod1
06-13-2017, 08:27 AM
Would love to be there but we'll be in Fredericksburg for Oktoberfest, staying at Oakwood RV if anyone else is in the area.

Totally understandable....but we'll miss having you with us. Perhaps next year we'll have to have the rally in Fredericksburg so we can all enjoy the Oktoberfest festivities!

Ted_Dee
06-20-2017, 09:21 AM
I called Pioneer Beach and made reservations, arriving on the 4th and departing on the 8th. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

jassson007
06-20-2017, 09:38 AM
Got our reservation made this am

2psnapod1
06-20-2017, 06:41 PM
I called Pioneer Beach and made reservations, arriving on the 4th and departing on the 8th. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

So glad you'll be joining us! Looking forward to meeting y'all!

- - - Updated - - -

Got our reservation made this am

Hooray! Wouldn't be a party without my little brother and his wife! ;) When are ya arriving and departing?

jassson007
06-20-2017, 06:46 PM
So glad you'll be joining us! Looking forward to meeting y'all!

- - - Updated - - -

Hooray! Wouldn't be a party without my little brother and his wife! ;) When are ya arriving and departing?

You know it lol. Be there Friday to Sunday.

'Lil Guy'
06-20-2017, 09:46 PM
Finally got thru . Arriving on the 4th and leaving on the 9th. To early to talk about a Breakfast Extravaganza yet but Ted and I can guarantee you a Margaritaville with a Tiki Bar. We look forward to attending your 1st rally as new chapter leaders.

esscobra
06-21-2017, 02:17 PM
or if needed......

2psnapod1
06-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Finally got thru . Arriving on the 4th and leaving on the 9th. To early to talk about a Breakfast Extravaganza yet but Ted and I can guarantee you a Margaritaville with a Tiki Bar. We look forward to attending your 1st rally as new chapter leaders.

Oooohhh....Tiki Bar and Breakfast Extravaganza....I'm lovin' the sound of both!

2psnapod1
06-21-2017, 07:12 PM
or if needed......

Help me out here...what is that?!?!

jassson007
06-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Help me out here...what is that?!?!

Looks like an ice cream machine but I guess it could be a margarita dispenser

2psnapod1
06-21-2017, 07:34 PM
Looks like an ice cream machine but I guess it could be a margarita dispenser

Ok...I thought it looked like an ice cream machine...but wasn't sure.

esscobra
06-21-2017, 07:49 PM
its margarita machine- sorry no soft serve

'Lil Guy'
06-21-2017, 09:23 PM
Don't need no pinche soft serve at the Tiki Bar.;lol
I think that bad boy will produce frozen Margaritas. I'm glad you like the sound of both the Tiki bar and the Breakfast Extravaganza cause they will happen. The breakfast is done Friday morning. All the bacon and sausage you can eat. Others bring side dishes such as fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, juice, fruit, eggs, grits, etc........ It's always good. Either at the club house or at our trailer. The last few weeks before the rally people can volunteer their dishes. That is if it's OK with the chapter leaders. Won't cost the chapter a thing. Always been a great way to meet the attendees Friday morning. Looking forward to the rally and meeting everyone. Ted, you're helping with the meat. See you at 6:00 AM Friday morning.

Pokiejoe
06-21-2017, 10:33 PM
I think that bad boy will produce frozen Margaritas. I'm glad you like the sound of both the Tiki bar and the Breakfast Extravaganza cause they will happen. The breakfast is done Friday morning. All the bacon and sausage you can eat. Others bring side dishes such as fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, juice, fruit, eggs, grits, etc........ It's always good. Either at the club house or at our trailer. The last few weeks before the rally people can volunteer their dishes. That is if it's OK with the chapter leaders. Won't cost the chapter a thing. Always been a great way to meet the attendees Friday morning. Looking forward to the rally and meeting everyone. Ted, you're helping with the meat. See you at 6:00 AM Friday morning.

Frank, we will be glad to bring something for the breakfast extravaganza. It's always a great thing. Looking forward to seeing you guys again in a few months.

Don and Vicky Smith

Ted_Dee
06-22-2017, 07:30 AM

Now this is getting exciting. We can't wait to be there. Frank, I will be there at 5:55am with bells on. I might even through on a pair of underwear.

Chippendale
06-22-2017, 07:49 AM
Now this is getting exciting. We can't wait to be there. Frank, I will be there at 5:55am with bells on. I might even through on a pair of underwear.

Ted it will be bad enough with Frank cooking with his 385 lbs ozzing over the top of his Speedo, but if you are cooking in your underwear, everyone will skip breakfast and stay in their trailer's Friday morning for sure.

'Lil Guy'
06-22-2017, 08:54 AM
George, I'll cover up with my new 'Lil Guy' apron Elaine Poole made for me. Just stand in front of me and not in the rear.lol On a completely opposite note, Ted's so skinny he uses suspenders to hold up his shorts. I can't believe how much he eats and doesn't gain weight.

2psnapod1
06-22-2017, 10:46 AM
:eek: Oh my! Y'all are making me wonder what Michael has gotten me into with this Chapter Leader gig! LOL But...I'm still game...who couldn't be when we're talkin' Margarita's and breakfast? Thankfully, I have 3+ months to figure out what to bring for breakfast!

'Lil Guy'
06-22-2017, 03:18 PM
These two items will be the most painless ordeal you'll ever go thru. Once we choose a location(trailer site/meeting hall), I'll set up enough cookers and supply enough bacon and sausage for everyone. From then on, it's just small side dishes. I've seen the microwavable pancakes, scrambled eggs, fried potatoes (which I'm expecting) biscuits, gravy butter and jelly, cheesy grits, etc.........Keep it simple and it always has turned out great. Also another way to meet everyone early. Oh yea, coffee for the cooks and group. Looking forward to this rally and the one prior in Tyler. See everyone there.

nander
06-22-2017, 03:55 PM
Reservation made for Dave Seabolt & Nancy Anderson. Arrive 10-4 Leave 10-9-2017.

2psnapod1
06-22-2017, 04:46 PM
Reservation made for Dave Seabolt & Nancy Anderson. Arrive 10-4 Leave 10-9-2017.

Hooray! So glad y'all can make it!

simsfmly
06-26-2017, 04:43 PM
2peas first rally?
A chance for Connie to play Mexican Train with Stella?
We get to see the Grimes' wieners?
Play golf with Dave?

Too much to pass up. We be in.

Arriving on October 4th. Leaving sometime in May ;).

2psnapod1
06-26-2017, 07:08 PM
2peas first rally?
A chance for Connie to play Mexican Train with Stella?
We get to see the Grimes' wieners?
Play golf with Dave?

Too much to pass up. We be in.

Arriving on October 4th. Leaving sometime in May ;).

Woohoo! Been a LONG time! See you in October!

simsfmly
06-27-2017, 07:03 AM
Woohoo! Been a LONG time! See you in October!

Yep, so long you misspelled my first name in the roster. I go with the "ob" spelling, not the "ill" spelling for Bob. :rolleyes:

2psnapod1
06-27-2017, 07:32 AM
Yep, so long you misspelled my first name in the roster. I go with the "ob" spelling, not the "ill" spelling for Bob. :rolleyes:
LOL! Whoopsie....it was a long day yesterday! Will fix when I get home.

WRIGHT ll
06-29-2017, 12:50 PM
Reservations made! We made reservations for October 4 to October 10. As usual we're looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!

2psnapod1
06-30-2017, 08:56 AM
Reservations made! We made reservations for October 4 to October 10. As usual we're looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones!!

Orville & Barbara ~ Awesome! So glad you'll be able to make it to our first rally!

Paul & Nan
07-13-2017, 11:38 AM
Kelley, looking forward to your first rally. Reservations made arriving 10/4, leaving 10/9.

2psnapod1
07-14-2017, 07:28 AM
Kelley, looking forward to your first rally. Reservations made arriving 10/4, leaving 10/9.

Awesome! Been a LONG time! See you both in October!

simsfmly
07-26-2017, 03:20 PM
Who's golfing? When and where?

There's a very nice course (http://www.palmillabeachgolfclub.com) right next store. It's too pricey if we have to pay retail ($95). Golf Now, some of the online discounters, often have it for around $45-$55.

Next option is in one of the two public courses in Corpus (Oso Beach (https://www.osobeachgolf.com) or Gabe Lozano (https://www.lozanogolfcenter.com)). Both are usually nice (depends on the summer), reasonably priced ($30-$35). Oso is shorter in length and closer to the park.

These would be the top options. The course in Portland (https://www.northshoretx.com/golf-at-nscc.html) once hosted a Nike event (Texas Open), has a great layout, but have heard over the last couple of years they've let it go. Not seeing any reviews in the last year is bothersome, so I can't tell if it would be a good option.

Just throwing it out there.

2psnapod2
07-26-2017, 03:54 PM
Unfortunately I(Michael) is not a golfer. But hopefully someone will like to.

esscobra
07-26-2017, 06:34 PM
Id prob be interested in a round

There's a very nice course (http://www.palmillabeachgolfclub.com) right next store. It's too pricey if we have to pay retail ($95). Golf Now, some of the online discounters, often have it for around $45-$55.

Next option is in one of the two public courses in Corpus (Oso Beach (https://www.osobeachgolf.com) or Gabe Lozano (https://www.lozanogolfcenter.com)). Both are usually nice (depends on the summer), reasonably priced ($30-$35). Oso is shorter in length and closer to the park.

These would be the top options. The course in Portland (https://www.northshoretx.com/golf-at-nscc.html) once hosted a Nike event (Texas Open), has a great layout, but have heard over the last couple of years they've let it go. Not seeing any reviews in the last year is bothersome, so I can't tell if it would be a good option.

nander
07-26-2017, 10:13 PM

You know Dave will play!

Nancy

2psnapod2
08-09-2017, 02:16 PM
Kelly and I are looking into T-shirts. We will be paying for about half the cost of them. Who is interested in them? We will need your sizes as Soon as possible. Please respond if you would like to have one with number wanted and sizes.

On edit, your cost should be about $5.00. Please respond by 20 Aug 2017, as I will be finalizing this on the 21st.

Michael

Pokiejoe
08-09-2017, 02:22 PM
Kelly and I are looking into T-shirts. We will be paying for about half the cost of them. Who is interested in them? We will need your sizes as Soon as possible. Please respond if you would like to have one with number wanted and sizes.

Michael

Don and I would like a t-shirt so that would be 2 for us, one a 3X and one XL. Just let us know when you need the money. That is a great way to remember the rally. Thanks!

Chippendale
08-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Put me down for one shirt, size X-Large

Thanks
George Speir

Ted_Dee
08-09-2017, 02:57 PM
We will take 2 shirts 1 large 1 X Large. Hey George, your're not going to get one for Dolly?

jassson007
08-09-2017, 03:40 PM
We will take 2 shirts 1 large 1 X Large. Hey George, your're not going to get one for Dolly?

I think he should Ted. Lol

jassson007
08-09-2017, 03:41 PM
Two for us, one 3x and one 2x.

nander
08-09-2017, 04:17 PM
We will take 2 - 1XL and 1M.

Chippendale
08-09-2017, 04:17 PM
Yeah, go on and get one for Dolly too, please split the cost between Davis and Grimes. Also, Dolly is pretty particular what she wears, it has to be the correct color and size. She has put on a little weight and won't tell me what size she wears now, so you all will just have to guess and take a chance.

BlackT
08-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Please mark us down for two large tee shirts.

jayc
08-09-2017, 08:28 PM
We're in for two XL tees.

'Lil Guy'
08-09-2017, 10:32 PM
We'll take 2 X-Large tees, please. Looking forward to your rally.

Ted_Dee
08-10-2017, 07:33 AM
Yeah, go on and get one for Dolly too, please split the cost between Davis and Grimes. Also, Dolly is pretty particular what she wears, it has to be the correct color and size. She has put on a little weight and won't tell me what size she wears now, so you all will just have to guess and take a chance.

George,Andy and I will be glad to pick up the tab for Dolly's shirt. Maybe Lil Guy can cash in a savings bond and he can pitch in too.

simsfmly
08-10-2017, 07:34 AM
Assuming these are men's sizes, put me down for an XL and Connie down for a small. (If you can get women's sizes, then a M for her).

Chippendale
08-10-2017, 09:21 AM
George,Andy and I will be glad to pick up the tab for Dolly's shirt. Maybe Lil Guy can cash in a savings bond and he can pitch in too.

Dolly said to tell you that if you are going to pay for it, she will take it, but being as particular as she is, if she doesn't like it, she won't wear it, will probably just use it for bedding, something to sleep on.

LBallard
08-11-2017, 10:28 AM
Made reservations at Pioneer Beach. Arr 3 Oct, Dep 9 Oct.

WRIGHT ll
08-11-2017, 10:30 AM
Please add us for tee shirts, 1 medium and 1 3X thanks, Orville and Barbara

2psnapod1
08-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Made reservations at Pioneer Beach. Arr 3 Oct, Dep 9 Oct.

Adding you to the list, Lin! Looking forward to seeing both you and Debbie!

2psnapod1
08-11-2017, 02:48 PM
With just 56 days left until the 1st official day of the rally I thought I'd give y'all an idea of just a few of the things to do in and around the Port Aransas area. Click the image below for a PDF list.

pegmikef
08-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Reservations Made. Arrive 03 Oct, depart 09 Oct 2017.

2 Large Ts please.

2psnapod2
08-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Reservations Made. Arrive 03 Oct, depart 09 Oct 2017.

2 Large Ts please.

I've updated the attendee list to reflect your reservation dates, Mike!

Michael is 'in charge' of the shirt order so I'll let him deal with that! ;)

pegmikef
08-11-2017, 06:12 PM
I've updated the attendee list to reflect your reservation dates, Mike!

Michael is 'in charge' of the shirt order so I'll let him deal with that! ;)

Thanks Kelly

jayc
08-12-2017, 08:16 AM
I just called the ferry service and was told that they will accept trailers that are no longer than 80' in total length, less than 13'6" tall, less than 80,000 pounds and that all propane MUST be secured while on the vessel.

2psnapod2
08-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Thanks Jay. We have elected to just go the other way. But I know many will use the fairy.

jassson007
08-12-2017, 09:16 AM
We've been across ferry several times while towing

travelin2
08-12-2017, 09:29 AM
We've been across ferry several times while towing

We used the ferry this past winter. Piece of cake. They loaded us right beside a loaded concrete truck that went on before us. Talk about using up the ferry's draft[emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]

simsfmly
08-13-2017, 06:29 AM
Only time the ferry is an issue for RV's is really, really low tides. They will alert you (there's a sign just outside of Aransas Pass) that RV's and trucks are currently not being accepted, so you've got plenty of time to turn around to go around through Corpus (which from Aransas Pass is about 56 miles to Pioneer vs. 12 via the Ferry) or there's an area to sit and wait it out close to the ferry.

LBallard
08-14-2017, 02:03 PM
Lin will play golf.

pegmikef
08-14-2017, 02:03 PM
I haven't been down that way for a few years and will be coming in from La Grange. Is there a problem with just taking US-77 to I-37 to SR-358 and then take the JFK Causeway (P22) over? It's a little over 20 miles longer, but it by passes Corpus Christi, and you don't have to screw with or wait for the ferry. This is basically the way we would go pulling our boats from San Angelo, via San Antonio when we used to fish that area. Only cluster we ran into was the San Antonio area.

2psnapod1
08-14-2017, 03:55 PM
I haven't been down that way for a few years and will be coming in from La Grange. Is there a problem with just taking US-77 to I-37 to SR-358 and then take the JFK Causeway (P22) over? It's a little over 20 miles longer, but it by passes Corpus Christi, and you don't have to screw with or wait for the ferry. This is basically the way we would go pulling our boats from San Angelo, via San Antonio when we used to fish that area. Only cluster we ran into was the San Antonio area.

Hey Mike, That's the way we plan to travel as well...don't wanna deal with having to wait for the ferry and I guess I'm a bit of a chicken when it comes to taking our entire home onto the water. LOL

LBallard
08-14-2017, 05:14 PM
Put Lin Ballard down for xxl and L t-shirts.

HornedToad
08-16-2017, 01:37 AM
I wish I could go... but In October DW is too busy with her Parade of Homes. I took my bucket list trip to the beach in Port A 4th of July and can't wait to go back.

This may have been addressed already but I didn't read all 80 post. The OP list golf carts as a ?

Don't bring an unlicensed cart because you'll only be able to drive it in the resort. Licensed Golf carts are street legal in Port A, with the beach being considered a street and there are over a dozen rental places. They are kinda pricey @ over $100 a day but are the best way to enjoy cruising the town & beach. You cannot drive them on the Highway the resort is located on, but not to worry... their boardwalk is golf cart friendly and you can take the beach back into town.

Our trip to Port A rates as one of the best we've taken in the trailer. Enjoy!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/5a5f3cb169674a027d8577bb0bab0536.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/299be7f3f594fa68034dee9e64847722.jpg

2psnapod1
08-16-2017, 07:48 AM
Thanks for the Intel, Mike! I wasn't sure about golf carts and had forgotten to ask the office staff when I spoke with them.

I wish I could go... but In October DW is too busy with her Parade of Homes. I took my bucket list trip to the beach in Port A 4th of July and can't wait to go back.

This may have been addressed already but I didn't read all 80 post. The OP list golf carts as a ?

Don't bring an unlicensed cart because you'll only be able to drive it in the resort. Licensed Golf carts are street legal in Port A, with the beach being considered a street and there are over a dozen rental places. They are kinda pricey @ over $100 a day but are the best way to enjoy cruising the town & beach. You cannot drive them on the Highway the resort is located on, but not to worry... their boardwalk is golf cart friendly and you can take the beach back into town.

Our trip to Port A rates as one of the best we've taken in the trailer. Enjoy!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/5a5f3cb169674a027d8577bb0bab0536.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/299be7f3f594fa68034dee9e64847722.jpg

2psnapod1
08-16-2017, 08:11 AM
Just a reminder: We are still working on rally T-shirts. We've gotten most everyone's requests but have a few outstanding. Even if you do NOT want shirts (which is totally fine) let us know so that we know that you have just not been overlooked.

Also, if you did put in a request for shirts, check the list below to ensure that we have the correct sizes listed. These are Men's t-shirts, so please keep that in mind when sizing.

Please be sure to have your sizes to us No Later Than August 20th so that we can get the order finalized in plenty of time to receive them for the rally.

Here is the list we have so far:

Michael & Kelly Barnett - XL & 2XL

Jay & Stella Coffman - 2 XL

William Brown - 1 Large

George Speir - XL

Mike & Peg Finnegan - 2 Large

Don & Vicky Smith - 1 XL & 1 3XL

Keith & Betty Orlopp - 1 L & 1 2XL

Tom & Linda Black - 2 Large

Frank & Debbie - 2 XL

Ted & Dee Davis - 1 Large & 1 XL

Andy & Joanna Grimes - 1 2 XL & 1 3XL

Edward & Susan Potts - 1 M & 1 2XL

Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson - 1 Medium - 1 XL

Bob & Connie Sims - 1 Small & 1 XL

Orville & Barbara Wright - 1 Medium & 1 3 XL

Corbin & Flora Tayloe - 1 XL

Paul & Nancy Lineen - No shirts

Larry & Mary Ann Oberbeck - 1 M & 1 XL

Lin & Debbie Ballard - 1 Large & 1 2XL

Auguie & Cheryl Henry - 1 Large & 3 XL

Larry & Gayle Kuykendall - 1 L & 1 2XL

Joe & Anne Maxwell - 1 Large & 1 2XL

Elend & Kim Toten - Waiting to hear

jassson007
08-16-2017, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the Intel, Mike! I wasn't sure about golf carts and had forgotten to ask the office staff when I spoke with them.

According to park website rules they don't allow rental carts into the park. Only allow ones owned by person renting site.

Cage427
08-16-2017, 02:04 PM
T-shirt sizes. L and 2XL

2psnapod1
08-16-2017, 02:18 PM
According to park website rules they don't allow rental carts into the park. Only allow ones owned by person renting site.

Good to know but also worth a call to the office for anyone that might be considering renting a golf cart. Things change often and sometimes websites aren't updated accordingly.

- - - Updated - - -

T-shirt sizes. L and 2XL

Thank you! I've updated the listing to reflect your sizing choices!

jassson007
08-16-2017, 02:18 PM
Good to know but also worth a call to the office for anyone that might be considering renting a golf cart. Things change often and sometimes websites aren't updated accordingly.

I agree just going by what I read.

HornedToad
08-16-2017, 03:00 PM
Jason, Someone's breaking the rules! If an unlicensed private cart is not suppose to go out of the park on to the beach & a licensed rental cart is not supposed to come in... then how is there golf cart tire tracks worn in the boardwalk pictured on the parks website???

HornedToad
08-16-2017, 03:08 PM
you don't have to screw with or wait for the ferry.

I would recommend coming up the beach from Mustang Island. It was a busy holiday weekend but we waited in line almost 2 hours for the ferry.

jassson007
08-16-2017, 03:56 PM
Jason, Someone's breaking the rules! If an unlicensed private cart is not suppose to go out of the park on to the beach & a licensed rental cart is not supposed to come in... then how is there golf cart tire tracks worn in the boardwalk pictured on the parks website???

No sir I said that they will allow golf carts that are owned by the person renting the site. Their rules specifically say that rental carts are not allowed in the park. They also say that you can use your personally owned cart to come into and leave the pro via that board walk.

jassson007
08-16-2017, 04:00 PM

Read the 6th bullit point under motorized vehicles...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170816/bf8fb3107c99003f44408bfacdc22b3d.png

travelin2
08-16-2017, 04:14 PM
We stayed there for a week last winter and the point no rentals were allowed was emphasized upon check in.
Bob Sims winters there, he'll likely confirm.

HornedToad
08-16-2017, 05:24 PM
Jason,

I think we're talkin bout a Catch 22...

https://www.topdeckgolfcarts.com/area-features/pioneer-rv-beach-resort/?gclid=CJzwi47l3NUCFRC5wAodZ6oEcg

The beach is considered a street in Port A and heavily patrolled by LEO, if you drive an unlicensed cart on the beach you'll probably get a ticket.

jassson007
08-16-2017, 05:45 PM
Jason,

I think we're talkin bout a Catch 22...

https://www.topdeckgolfcarts.com/area-features/pioneer-rv-beach-resort/?gclid=CJzwi47l3NUCFRC5wAodZ6oEcg

The beach is considered a street in Port A and heavily patrolled by LEO, if you drive an unlicensed cart on the beach you'll probably get a ticket.

We aren't talking about the same thing. Reread my posts. I am talking about an owned versus a rented golf cart. The rv park wants proof of ownership of the cart you bring into the park. They could care less what happens on the beach.

esscobra
08-16-2017, 05:58 PM
Please put me down for a size large

Just a reminder: We are still working on rally T-shirts. We've gotten most everyone's requests but have a few outstanding. Even if you do NOT want shirts (which is totally fine) let us know so that we know that you have just not been overlooked.

Also, if you did put in a request for shirts, check the list below to ensure that we have the correct sizes listed. These are Men's t-shirts, so please keep that in mind when sizing.

Please be sure to have your sizes to us No Later Than August 20th so that we can get the order finalized in plenty of time to receive them for the rally.

Here is the list we have so far:

Michael & Kelly Barnett - XL & 2XL

Jay & Stella Coffman - 2 XL

William Brown - No response

George Speir - XL

Mike & Peg Finnegan - 2 Large

Don & Vicky Smith - 1 XL & 1 3XL

Keith & Betty Orlopp - 1 L & 1 2XL

Tom & Linda Black - 2 Large

Frank & Debbie - 2 XL

Ted & Dee Davis - 1 Large & 1 XL

Andy & Joanna Grimes - 1 2 XL & 1 3XL

Edward & Susan Potts - 1 M & 1 2XL

Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson - 1 Medium - 1 XL

Bob & Connie Sims - 1 Small & 1 XL

Orville & Barbara Wright - 1 Medium & 1 3 XL

Corbin & Flora Tayloe - No response

Paul & Nancy Lineen - No response

Larry & Mary Ann Oberbeck - No response

Lin & Debbie Ballard - 1 Large & 1 2XL

simsfmly
08-17-2017, 06:42 AM
Pioneer can make arrangements for golf carts that you can use in the park and on the beach. They can either make it for the entire rally group, or for individuals.

Personal carts can be used in the park, but they must be registered and there's a fee for that.

Any vehicle parked on the beach needs a beach sticker, unless you park down by the jetty which is gratis. You can drive the beach in any vehicle, but it must be licensed either by the state of Texas or (golf carts) by the city of Port Aransas. To get your golf cart licensed by Port A, you must have show street insurance, and have the proper "stuff", i.e. brake lights, seat belts, etc.

Hope that helps.

akrebel
08-17-2017, 06:09 PM
120 Gulfwind Dr, Port Aransas, TX 78373

Venue:

Pioneer Beach Resort
120 Gulfwind Dr
Port Aransas, TX 78373
Susan 361-749-6248 (tel:361-749-6248)
http://www.pioneerrvresorts.com/
Golf carts allowed?:
Golf Cart restrictions?:
Golf Cart fees?:

Details:

Register by end of day 9/6/2017
Site fee: $37 per night. Price includes 3 rally days plus 2 days before OR 2 days after.

Event Leader: 2psnapod2(click to contact) (https://heartlandowners.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=10043)

Additional Info:
Please call the park to make reservations. Once your reservations have been made, please either reply to this thread or PM us with your arrival and departure dates.

If you plan to stay a week or more the weekly rate will be your better bet. Price includes cable.

We will post more information as it becomes available.

Attendee List:
1. Michael & Kelly Barnett 10/3-10/10 (tel:10/3-10/10)
2. Jay & Stella Coffman 10/2 - 10/9
3. William Brown 10/6 - 10/8
4. George Speir 10/4 - 10/9
5. Mike & Peg Finnegan 10/3 - 10/9
6. Don & Vicky Smith 10/4 - 10/9
7. Keith & Betty Orlopp 10/6 - 10/11 (tel:10/6 - 10/11)
8. Tom & Linda Black 10/1 - 12/1 ;)
9. Frank & Debbie 10/4 - 10/9
10. Ted & Dee Davis 10/4 - 10/8
11. Andy & Joanna Grimes 10/6 - 10/8
12. Edward & Susan Potts 10/5 - 10/9
13. Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson 10/4 - 10/9
14. Bob & Connie Sims 10/4 - May sometime ;)
15. Orville & Barbara Wright 10/4 - 10/10 (tel:10/4 - 10/10)
16. Corbin & Flora Tayloe 10/3 - 10/10 (tel:10/3 - 10/10)
17. Paul & Nancy Lineen - 10/4 - 10/9
18. Larry & Mary O. 10/4 - 10/9
19. Lin & Debbie Ballard 10/3 - 10/9
20. Auguie & Cheryl Henry. 10/5-10/9
21. Larry & Gayle Kuykendall 10/3 - 10/7

Auguie & Cheryl Henry will arrive 10/5 and depart 10/9. Auguie wears a 3X and Cheryl likes a Large.

SpldRtn
08-18-2017, 02:56 PM
Joe and Anne have reservations October 3 to October 10. See you all soon...

2psnapod1
08-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Joe and Anne have reservations October 3 to October 10. See you all soon...

AWESOME! So glad to have you and Joe join us, Anne! I've updated the attendee listing as well as the Tshirt order!

simsfmly
08-21-2017, 12:39 PM
Been a little change to our plans. We will be arriving on Monday. Wednesday we will be AWOL as Connie has a chemo treatment scheduled for that day.

Chippendale
08-22-2017, 03:37 PM
FYI, there is a caravan of 5 rigs (so far) leaving the North Texas rally in Tyler Monday, Oct. 2 and heading toward Port Aransas with a 2 night layover at the Jim Hogg COE Park on Lake Georgetown just north of Austin. At this point, we don’t have any plans for while we are at Jim Hogg, but there is a lot to do and see in the Austin/Georgetown area, so I am sure Heartlanders will find something to do.

We will arrive at Jim Hogg Monday afternoon and leave and head to Port A Wednesday morning, the 4th. If you think you would like to travel with us, please “private message” me by Thursday afternoon, Aug. 24th so I will know how many sites to reserve. They are 50 amp back in, water front or water view, no sewer, but a dump station is available. I will try and get them all together in a group. If you use your America the Beautiful Senior Pass, the rate will be $13.00 per night. If you do not have a pass, to get one at the $10.00 price, it needs to be ordered ASAP. The cost of a pass will increase to $80.00 on August 28th, so the 27th is the last day to get the lower price. If you do not have a pass, here is a link for information on getting one. https://store.usgs.gov/senior-pass

2psnapod1
08-23-2017, 06:54 AM
Been a little change to our plans. We will be arriving on Monday. Wednesday we will be AWOL as Connie has a chemo treatment scheduled for that day.

No problem, Bob! We'll see you then!

2psnapod1
08-23-2017, 11:57 AM
Rally shirts have been ordered!

Cost to attendees will be $5.00 for sizes Small to XL and $7.00 for sizes 2XL and 3 XL. The club will cover the remaining cost.

Payment can be made to us either at the rally OR via Paypal by using my email (2psnapod1@gmail.com). If using Paypal, please make a note as to who the payment is from as it doesn't always come through in the transaction.

44 days until RALLY TIME!!

2psnapod1
08-25-2017, 02:14 PM
In light of Hurricane Harvey, I'm asking that y'all pray, cross your fingers, or do whatever works best for you...that we still have an RV Park in Aransas Pass to have our rally at in October!

We've put the t-shirt order on hold for a week until we know more about how Pioneer RV Resort makes it through the storm.

If, by chance, the park sustains too much damage we'll try and find another park in south Texas to accommodate everyone.

God Bless those in the south Texas area...stay safe and be well.

pegmikef
08-25-2017, 05:28 PM
Worst case, Lake Conroe KOA is pretty big and we've done several there. . . but still hoping Pioneer weathers this okay. When we used to fish at Port Mansfield, all the docks looked about the same age and weren't that old. We talked to the locals and were told that they had been getting wiped out every 10 or 20 years. Their attitude was " . . . its not if there will be a hurricane, its just when."

esscobra
08-25-2017, 06:14 PM
brauning lake rv park- san antonio-nice plenty of room almost all pull thrus- big banquet hall- Friday night dinners and breakfast on weekends is incredible

jayc
08-25-2017, 08:00 PM
There is nice park in Port Lavaca that may be large enough to accommodate us but they are also in the path of the storm. The entire Coastal Bend area will be affected, so we'll have to keep an eye on things this weekend.

May God Bless all those in the path of this storm.

2psnapod1
08-26-2017, 08:48 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We'll wait and see how Port A comes through the storm and talk with the park before we make and decisions.

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying some prayers that we're still able to hold the rally at Pioneer...if not...we're Heartlanders, we'll just change course! (and plan another rally at Pioneer in the future!)

jimtoo
08-26-2017, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! We'll wait and see how Port A comes through the storm and talk with the park before we make and decisions.

Keeping my fingers crossed and saying some prayers that we're still able to hold the rally at Pioneer...if not...we're Heartlanders, we'll just change course! (and plan another rally at Pioneer in the future!)

Might start thinking about moving. Channel 3 news out of Corpus just reported Pioneer RV part is 100% devastated. If you have Directv check out 361-2. Giving some good pictures now around the area.

Jim M

jbeletti
08-26-2017, 12:06 PM
Might start thinking about moving. Channel 3 news out of Corpus just reported Pioneer RV part is 100% devastated. If you have Directv check out 361-2. Giving some good pictures now around the area.

Jim M

Good to hear you and Bette are okay. I texted you yesterday. Guess you and I can't email or text :(

simsfmly
08-26-2017, 02:33 PM
unfortunately not good. <http://www.kiiitv.com/weather/hurricane/port-aransas-trailer-park-a-100-percent-loss-search-and-rescue-underway/467644031> (http://www.kiiitv.com/weather/hurricane/port-aransas-trailer-park-a-100-percent-loss-search-and-rescue-underway/467644031)

travelin2
08-26-2017, 03:07 PM
unfortunately not good. <http://www.kiiitv.com/weather/hurricane/port-aransas-trailer-park-a-100-percent-loss-search-and-rescue-underway/467644031> (http://www.kiiitv.com/weather/hurricane/port-aransas-trailer-park-a-100-percent-loss-search-and-rescue-underway/467644031)

That too bad!!! Bob I wonder what the neighboring one with all the private landscaping looks like??

simsfmly
08-26-2017, 08:41 PM
That too bad!!! Bob I wonder what the neighboring one with all the private landscaping looks like??

I can't imagine Gulf Waters or the Golf Course (Palmilla) look very good right now.

We visited friends out there, who were "renters", at Gulf Waters and just questioned why someone would put that kind of jack into a park this close to the Gulf that could get wiped out overnight.

We always knew it COULD happen, just really never thought it WOULD happen.

Very sad situation.

2psnapod1
08-28-2017, 12:39 PM
***New Location Venue***

We have secured a new location for the south Texas Chapter Rally! Thank you to William Brown and Ann Maxwell for the suggestion!

I am currently waiting for the park manager to send me the contract and once that is done I will let you know when you can call and make your reservations. We're hoping that most of you will still be able to join us but understand if the new location doesn't fit into your plans.

Braunig Lake RV Resort
13550 Donop Road
Elmendorf, TX 78112

The park is just south of San Antonio off of I-37, which gives us a BIG playground to enjoy. The park offers dinner Friday night ($8.00 per person), breakfast both Saturday and Sunday morning ($5.00 per person). We have access to a large rally hall (100 person capacity).

Rates: $30 per night, $200 per week

The ONLY drawback is they have another rally coming in right after us and we will all need to depart on or by Monday October 9th. There were only 6 rigs that were originally scheduled to leave after that date so I'm hoping that in light of this little stumbling block everyone is ok altering their dates a little.

If you're attending the rally in Tyler the week before, this park is roughly 320 miles from Tyler Oaks...a good days drive but doable in one day...where Port A was over 500 so that's a good thing!

If you can give me an idea of how many of you still plan to make it to the rally, that would be appreciated. Please DO NOT call the park yet for reservations until I give you the go ahead.

nander
08-28-2017, 01:13 PM
We have secured a new location for the south Texas Chapter Rally! Thank you to William Brown and Ann Maxwell for the suggestion!

I am currently waiting for the park manager to send me the contract and once that is done I will let you know when you can call and make your reservations. We're hoping that most of you will still be able to join us but understand if the new location doesn't fit into your plans.

Braunig Lake RV Resort
13550 Donop Road
Elmendorf, TX 78112

The park is just south of San Antonio off of I-37, which gives us a BIG playground to enjoy. The park offers dinner Friday night ($8.00 per person), breakfast both Saturday and Sunday morning ($5.00 per person). We have access to a large rally hall (100 person capacity).

The ONLY drawback is they have another rally coming in right after us and we will all need to depart on or by Monday October 9th. There were only 6 rigs that were originally scheduled to leave after that date so I'm hoping that in light of this little stumbling block everyone is ok altering their dates a little.

If you're attending the rally in Tyler the week before, this park is roughly 320 miles from Tyler Oaks...a good days drive but doable in one day...where Port A was over 500 so that's a good thing!

If you can give me an idea of how many of you still plan to make it to the rally, that would be appreciated. Please DO NOT call the park yet for reservations until I give you the go ahead.

That's where we were spending the night! We'll be there.

Chippendale
08-28-2017, 01:35 PM
Still plan to attend, will arrive at Braunig Lake on the 4th and leave on Monday the 9th.

George Speir

Ted_Dee
08-28-2017, 01:49 PM
We still plan to attend. We will arrive on the 4th and depart on the 8th.

jassson007
08-28-2017, 01:53 PM

Braunig Lake RV Resort
13550 Donop Road
Elmendorf, TX 78112

We should be able to make it still. This is just as far as port a for us 5.5 hours.

jayc
08-28-2017, 03:19 PM
You know, I really had my heart set on Pioneer....guess I'll be able to change my mind and will be able to make it to this one.

Are you going to be able to change the tee shirt order? If we got one with the Port A location, it would be a keepsake as the first rally of the HOC to be cancelled due to a hurricane.

teasac69
08-28-2017, 03:42 PM
We had not put our names on the Port A list yet but planned to come. We'll be in the 4th and leave on 8th.

LBallard
08-28-2017, 04:15 PM
LIN and Debbie still plan to attend.

Pokiejoe
08-28-2017, 04:23 PM
We still plan to be there...

2psnapod1
08-28-2017, 04:34 PM
You know, I really had my heart set on Pioneer....guess I'll be able to change my mind and will be able to make it to this one.

Are you going to be able to change the tee shirt order? If we got one with the Port A location, it would be a keepsake as the first rally of the HOC to be cancelled due to a hurricane.

A new shirt design (incorporating Harvey) is in the works!! We'll just need to get new numbers if anyone drops out or joins but we'll need final number VERY soon.

- - - Updated - - -

We had not put our names on the Port A list yet but planned to come. We'll be in the 4th and leave on 8th.

Glad to have you! Please be sure to make a reservation with the park as soon as I let everyone know that we're good to go.

We're ordering t-shirts for everyone interested. Cost to club member is $5.00 for sizes Small - XL and $7.00 for 2XL and 3XL, if you're interested I'll need your order...Yesterday!

'Lil Guy'
08-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Debbie and I are still going to come. Glad you could find another park so quick with such a short notice. See everyone there.

pegmikef
08-28-2017, 05:09 PM
Mike and Peggy will be coming. Our T-shirt order stands. We will probably do Monday to Monday.

2psnapod1
08-28-2017, 05:56 PM
That's where we were spending the night! We'll be there.

What dates do you plan on being at Braunig Lake, Nancy?

- - - Updated - - -

LIN and Debbie still plan to attend.

Same dates, Lin?

- - - Updated - - -

We still plan to be there...

Same dates (10/4 - 10/9) apply, Don?

- - - Updated - - -

Debbie and I are still going to come. Glad you could find another park so quick with such a short notice. See everyone there.

Hey Frank! Glad you're still with us! I got REALLY lucky finding this park so quick. Will you still be staying 10/4 - 10/9?

Ted_Dee
08-28-2017, 05:59 PM
We still want shirts large and x large

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ using Tapatalk

esscobra
08-28-2017, 06:04 PM
ask
them to do better - with passport America it like 26 a night- also see if they can put us in the back area- lots of wide pull thru spots stay there often for short getaways- and the back area L sites or m sites-
pool and hot tub are great- fellow members - not far away 5 min drive there is walmart, sams club super target- home depot , lowes heb - (groceries) and lots of restaurants

- - - Updated - - -

also
for anyone who wants to stay longer - I have never seen this park full- so im sure you can stay just may have to move sites- been there many times during summer/holidays when all other places within 100miles full and they always have had spots

nander
08-28-2017, 06:06 PM
We will be there Oct 3-9.

Nancy

2psnapod1
08-28-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm assuming you're still planning to attend? Same dates?

As for staying later...that's up to each individual to call and see but they have a rally of 65+ rigs coming in behind us so that's your call.

ask
them to do better - with passport America it like 26 a night- also see if they can put us in the back area- lots of wide pull thru spots stay there often for short getaways- and the back area L sites or m sites-
pool and hot tub are great- fellow members - not far away 5 min drive there is walmart, sams club super target- home depot , lowes heb - (groceries) and lots of restaurants

- - - Updated - - -

also
for anyone who wants to stay longer - I have never seen this park full- so im sure you can stay just may have to move sites- been there many times during summer/holidays when all other places within 100miles full and they always have had spots

LBallard
08-28-2017, 06:38 PM
Arr 2 October, Dep 9 October. Same T - shirt order. ( 1 Lg, 1 2x)
Thanks. LIN Ballard

esscobra
08-28-2017, 07:27 PM
QUOTE=2psnapod1;560587]I'm assuming you're still planning to attend? Same dates? yes maybe more since closer to home and driveable to work during day

- - - Updated - - -

food is always excellent-especially breakfast on sunday- here is menu form this month

August 2017 Menu

August 4, Friday – Lasagna, Garlic Bread, salad, dessert, tea
August 5, Saturday – Eggs to order, bacon or sausage, biscuits & gravy, white or wheat toast, coffee; juices to purchase
August 6, Sunday - All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
August 7, Monday - Grilled chicken & sausage, potato salad, roll, dessert
August 11, Friday – Pork Chops, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, roll, salad, tea, dessert
August 12, Saturday – Eggs to order, French toast, bacon or sausage, white or wheat toast and coffee; juices to purchase
August 13, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
August 14, Monday – Fajitas (chicken & beef), beans, rice, salad, tea & dessert
August 18, Friday – Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots, salad, dessert, tea
August 19, Saturday – Eggs to order, biscuits & gravy, bacon or sausage, White or Wheat Toast, coffee; juices to purchase
August 20, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
August 21, Monday - BBQ Brisket, pinto beans, cowboy potatoes, roll, salad, dessert, tea
August 25, Friday – Baked Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, roll, salad, dessert, tea
August 26, Saturday – Eggs to order, French toast, bacon or sausage, White or Wheat toast and coffee; juices to purchase
August 27, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
August 28, Monday - $5.00 hamburgers w trimmings, chips, dessert, & tea

- - - Updated - - -

I'm assuming you're still planning to attend? Same dates?

As for staying later...that's up to each individual to call and see but they have a rally of 65+ rigs coming in behind us so that's your call.

do you know what area/sites they are putting us in? may book for the week and weekend before-

- - - Updated - - -

let me know if enough people are interested to bring margarita machine

'Lil Guy'
08-28-2017, 10:42 PM
I'll get with you in the morning. As of now the same dates but I might want to come in a day or 2 early now since it's closer to the Tyler rally.

WRIGHT ll
08-29-2017, 07:18 AM
We plan on 10/4 to 10/10 same as before. Same t-shirt sizes medium and 3X.

2psnapod1
08-29-2017, 07:41 AM
We plan on 10/4 to 10/10 same as before. Same t-shirt sizes medium and 3X.

Got it! Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll get with you in the morning. As of now the same dates but I might want to come in a day or 2 early now since it's closer to the Tyler rally.

Sounds good, Frank! Just let us know.

- - - Updated - - -

QUOTE=2psnapod1;560587]I'm assuming you're still planning to attend? Same dates? yes maybe more since closer to home and driveable to work during day

- - - Updated - - -

food is always excellent-especially breakfast on sunday- here is menu form this month

August 2017 Menu

August 4, Friday – Lasagna, Garlic Bread, salad, dessert, tea
August 5, Saturday – Eggs to order, bacon or sausage, biscuits & gravy, white or wheat toast, coffee; juices to purchase
August 6, Sunday - All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
August 7, Monday - Grilled chicken & sausage, potato salad, roll, dessert
August 11, Friday – Pork Chops, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, roll, salad, tea, dessert
August 12, Saturday – Eggs to order, French toast, bacon or sausage, white or wheat toast and coffee; juices to purchase
August 13, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
August 14, Monday – Fajitas (chicken & beef), beans, rice, salad, tea & dessert
August 18, Friday – Pot Roast, potatoes, carrots, salad, dessert, tea
August 19, Saturday – Eggs to order, biscuits & gravy, bacon or sausage, White or Wheat Toast, coffee; juices to purchase
August 20, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
August 21, Monday - BBQ Brisket, pinto beans, cowboy potatoes, roll, salad, dessert, tea
August 25, Friday – Baked Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, roll, salad, dessert, tea
August 26, Saturday – Eggs to order, French toast, bacon or sausage, White or Wheat toast and coffee; juices to purchase
August 27, Sunday – All you can eat pancakes or waffles, sausage or bacon; or breakfast tacos
August 28, Monday - $5.00 hamburgers w trimmings, chips, dessert, & tea

- - - Updated - - -

do you know what area/sites they are putting us in? may book for the week and weekend before-

- - - Updated - - -

let me know if enough people are interested to bring margarita machine

Ok...I'll put you down for same dates as of now...if that changes, let me know.

They try to place all rally groups on row F so that they are all together and have easy access to the rally hall. Since we're giving them such short notice we'll be happy with anything they can provide.

We're hoping that the entire group will gather at the restaurant for their Friday night dinner. Menu looks excellent and you can't beat $8.00 for dinner, drink and desert.

One last thing....your t-shirt order stays the same, yet?

Pokiejoe
08-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Good morning,
Just getting bits and pieces of the new plan, is the new place a go and are we able to call the park and reserve yet? Sorry, like I said just not getting all the information, for some reason not getting all posts. Thanks!

simsfmly
08-29-2017, 08:55 AM
We were moving up our original plans to start our winter early with your rally at Pioneer, which is where we winter.

At this point, we can't even commit to being in Texas for the winter. Hope everyone understands.

We're out.

2psnapod1
08-29-2017, 10:33 AM
Good morning,
Just getting bits and pieces of the new plan, is the new place a go and are we able to call the park and reserve yet? Sorry, like I said just not getting all the information, for some reason not getting all posts. Thanks!

Hi Don, Nope...not time for reservations yet. I'm still waiting for the contract...hoping to get it sometime today. As soon as, they're ready for reservations, I'll let you know!

- - - Updated - - -

We were moving up our original plans to start our winter early with your rally at Pioneer, which is where we winter.

At this point, we can't even commit to being in Texas for the winter. Hope everyone understands.

We're out.

Totally understand. We'll miss you!

esscobra
08-29-2017, 05:53 PM
f is nice stayed that row several times- only a couple sites with trees close to sides of rv -small but would def catch sides and im not keen on scratching my 6 month old paint- no overhead issues at all- and all sites should have no problem with sat dish reception.

yes same shirt - large

HornedToad
08-29-2017, 06:26 PM
I took my bucket list trip to the beach in Port A 4th of July and can't wait to go back.

I wish I could'a waited a little longer... volunteered to take my toy hauler and outdoor kitchen down to cook for the hurricane relief. My contact has us on hold until they open the evacuated areas back up, but I'll probably wind up in Rockport or Port A?

That's on my bucket list too... help a stranger.

2psnapod1
08-29-2017, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=2psnapod2;546331]120 Gulfwind Dr, Port Aransas, TX 78373

Venue:

Pioneer Beach Resort
120 Gulfwind Dr
Port Aransas, TX 78373
Susan 361-749-6248
http://www.pioneerrvresorts.com/
Golf carts allowed?:
Golf Cart restrictions?:
Golf Cart fees?:

Details:

Register by end of day 9/6/2017
Site fee: $37 per night. Price includes 3 rally days plus 2 days before OR 2 days after.

Additional Info:
Please call the park to make reservations. Once your reservations have been made, please either reply to this thread or PM us with your arrival and departure dates.

If you plan to stay a week or more the weekly rate will be your better bet. Price includes cable.

We will post more information as it becomes available.

Attendee List:
1. Michael & Kelly Barnett 10/2-10/9 (Shirts)
2. Jay & Stella Coffman 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts)
3. William Brown 10/6 - 10/8 (Shirts)
4. George Speir 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts)
5. Mike & Peg Finnegan 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts)
6. Don & Vicky Smith 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts)
7. Keith & Betty Orlopp :-( Darn you, Harvey! We'll miss you
8. Tom & Linda Black :-( Darn you, Harvey! We'll miss you
9. Frank & Debbie B. 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts)
10. Ted & Dee Davis 10/4 - 10/8 (Shirts)
11. Andy & Joanna Grimes 10/6 - 10/8 (Shirts)
12. Edward & Susan Potts 10/5 - 10/9
13. Dave Seaboldt & Nancy Anderson 10/4 - 10/9 (Shirts)
14. Bob & Connie Sims :-( Darn you, Harvey! We'll miss you
15. Orville & Barbara Wright 10/4 - 10/10 (Shirts)
16. Corbin & Flora Tayloe 10/3 - 10/10
17. Paul & Nancy Lineen - 10/4 - 10/9
18. Larry & Mary O. 10/4 - 10/9
19. Lin & Debbie Ballard 10/2 - 10/9 (Shirts)
20. Auguie & Cheryl Henry 10/5 - 10/9
21. Larry & Gayle Kuykendall 10/3 - 10/10
22. Joe & Anne Maxwell 10/3 - 10/10 (Shirts)
23. Elend & Kim Toten
24. Tim & Becky S. 10/4 - 10/8 (Shirts)

jassson007
08-29-2017, 06:48 PM
I wish I could'a waited a little longer... volunteered to take my toy hauler and outdoor kitchen down to cook for the hurricane relief. My contact has us on hold until they open the evacuated areas back up, but I'll probably wind up in Rockport or Port A?

That's on my bucket list too... help a stranger.

I have been doing some sand bagging and last night went on two SAR cases with a group of volunteers that gave birth to the Cajun Navy. It's a great feeling to help someone down on their luck. I suggest everyone do it as much as possible. Get in the game, get involved!

HornedToad
08-29-2017, 06:52 PM
I have been doing some sand bagging and last night went on two SAR cases with a group of volunteers that gave birth to the Cajun Navy. It's a great feeling to help someone down on their luck. I suggest everyone do it as much as possible. Get in the game, get involved!

Jason, I hope Harvey doesn't hit Louisiana as hard as it did Texas!!!

jassson007
08-29-2017, 07:05 PM

It won't be the same type storm. Cat 4 hurricane down south. 30" of rain in Houston. Tropical storm coming ashore in same area as Rita (05) and Ike (08). We are expecting another 10-15" here between now and Thursday morning. My area has already seen close to 15" since Friday last week.

One of the areas we went to last night was behind the restaurant we ate at when y'all were here. Water was close to 4 ft deep back there and the neighborhoods south of there were just as bad.

jassson007
08-29-2017, 07:10 PM

Here are a couple links to a video a friend shot today on way to Winnie TX

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1406628382705913&id=100000762955737

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1406614782707273&id=100000762955737

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1406603436041741&id=100000762955737

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1406590322709719&id=100000762955737

'Lil Guy'
08-29-2017, 10:38 PM
We're coming in as originally planned. Arriving on the 4th and departing on the 9th. Still waiting to make reservations. Please advise.

2psnapod1
08-30-2017, 06:56 PM
We've been in contact with the General Manager at Pioneer RV Park and have been told that damage is not as bad as the news has led us to believe....isn't that wonderful!?!

They do plan to reopen once they have power and water restored and have some clean up and repairs to do. However, they don't know when that will be....and unfortunately we can't really wait to find out so we are proceeding with moving the rally to Braunig Lake RV Resort in Elmendorf, which is just south of San Antonio.

The computers are not working at Pioneer (not surprising, eh?) so we've given the GM a list of those attending the rally and the dates so that they can cancel each of your individual reservations along with the rally reservations. However, we did not give them the names of those that were planning on wintering at Pioneer (Sims & Black) so that you can decide how you want to proceed on your own accord.

The 'info' page of this thread has been updated with all the particulars for Braunig Lake RV Resort and you are free to make reservations. Please be sure to read all info as we will need some numbers from you if you plan to attend the dinner on Friday (10/6) night.

Let us know if you have questions.

nander
08-30-2017, 07:02 PM
Kelly,
We will be arriving on 10-2 to 10-9, a day earlier.

2psnapod1
08-30-2017, 07:20 PM
Kelly,
We will be arriving on 10-2 to 10-9, a day earlier.

Got it, Nancy! Thank you!

Ted_Dee
08-31-2017, 08:15 AM
We called the park this morning and made our reservations. Still arriving on the 4th and departing on the 8th. We will join the dinner on Friday night. One less day for me to cook.

2psnapod1
08-31-2017, 09:19 AM
We called the park this morning and made our reservations. Still arriving on the 4th and departing on the 8th. We will join the dinner on Friday night. One less day for me to cook.

Awesome! Glad to hear you'll be joining us for dinner...at least it won't be just Michael and me! See you soon!

Pokiejoe
08-31-2017, 09:23 AM
Hi, just made our reservations for arriving the 4th, leaving the 9th and yes we will eat their dinner Friday night. Thanks and looking forward to it.

2psnapod1
08-31-2017, 10:21 AM
Hi, just made our reservations for arriving the 4th, leaving the 9th and yes we will eat their dinner Friday night. Thanks and looking forward to it.

Awesome! Updated the attendee list to reflect the above and glad you'll be joining us for dinner!

Chippendale
08-31-2017, 11:17 AM
Just made my reservations with the park, will arrive on the 4th and leave on the 9th. One for dinner Friday evening.

George Speir

PS: Still want one XL T-shirt

pegmikef
08-31-2017, 11:43 AM
Got our reservations. Arrive 02 Oct, Depart 09 Oct.

2psnapod2
08-31-2017, 11:47 AM
Just made my reservations with the park, will arrive on the 4th and leave on the 9th. One for dinner Friday evening.

George Speir

PS: Still want one XL T-shirt

Thanks, George! I've updated the attendee list to include you for dinner!

- - - Updated - - -

Got our reservations. Arrive 02 Oct, Depart 09 Oct.

Great! Will you be joining us for dinner, Mike?

pegmikef
08-31-2017, 11:57 AM
Thanks, George! I've updated the attendee list to include you for dinner!

- - - Updated - - -

Great! Will you be joining us for dinner, Mike?

Two for dinner. My experience is a lot of these parks put out pretty good, reasonable meals.

2psnapod2
08-31-2017, 12:02 PM
Two for dinner. My experience is a lot of these parks put out pretty good, reasonable meals.

I'm hearing good things about their meals! See ya, then!

LBallard
08-31-2017, 12:27 PM
Made reservations. Arr 2 October, depart 9 October

jassson007
08-31-2017, 12:36 PM
Got ours made too

2psnapod2
08-31-2017, 12:52 PM
Made reservations. Arr 2 October, depart 9 October

Got it, Lin! Will you be able to join us for dinner at the clubhouse on Friday night?

- - - Updated - - -

Got ours made too

Thank you, Mr. Grimes! I know you're gonna TRY to make it for dinner too.

jassson007
08-31-2017, 02:21 PM
Got it, Lin! Will you be able to join us for dinner at the clubhouse on Friday night?

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, Mr. Grimes! I know you're gonna TRY to make it for dinner too.

Well yeah any chance to hang out with my big sis. Lol

nander
08-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Hi Kelly,
Reservations made 10-2 to 10-9.
2 for dinner and same tshirt order.

We are actually staying at this park tonight as we make our way home from the valley. It is tight!! I told the guy that brought us to our sight and he said 'yeah, they keep making the trailers bigger and more slides'. At least the sites are long pull-thrus.

I asked if we could use our PPA discount and they said no. We had to take the rally rate, which is discounted, but not as much.

See you soon!

2psnapod1
08-31-2017, 03:14 PM
Hi Kelly,
Reservations made 10-2 to 10-9.
2 for dinner and same tshirt order.

We are actually staying at this park tonight as we make our way home from the valley. It is tight!! I told the guy that brought us to our sight and he said 'yeah, they keep making the trailers bigger and more slides'. At least the sites are long pull-thrus.

I asked if we could use our PPA discount and they said no. We had to take the rally rate, which is discounted, but not as much.

See you soon!

All above info noted. I'm assuming that the rally rate includes the use of the rally hall, clean up, etc. and is why there is a difference between PPA and the rally cost.

LBallard
08-31-2017, 03:15 PM
2 for dinner.

2psnapod1
08-31-2017, 03:19 PM
2 for dinner.

Got you down for dinner! Thanks, Lin!

jayc
08-31-2017, 03:27 PM
We made our reservations today for arrival on the 2nd and departing on the 9th. We will join for the Friday night meal and still want tee shirts.

2psnapod1
08-31-2017, 03:30 PM
We made our reservations today for arrival on the 2nd and departing on the 9th. We will join for the Friday night meal and still want tee shirts.

Understood and noted, Mr. Coffman! Can't wait to see you and Mrs. Coffman!

jayc
08-31-2017, 03:48 PM
Thank you very much Mrs. Barnett. Looking forward to seeing Mr. Barnett also.

Relayman
08-31-2017, 08:18 PM
Harvey hasn't changed things ?

2psnapod1
08-31-2017, 08:22 PM
Harvey hasn't changed things ?

Not quite sure what you're asking. But, yes, due to Harvey the rally location was moved from Port Aransas to Elmendorf.

teasac69
09-01-2017, 03:20 PM
Has anyone heard from Andy and Joanne Grimes?? are they OK, Harvey was heading straight for their home site.

Also great to see Jay and Stella back on the road.

TravelTiger
09-01-2017, 03:55 PM
Has anyone heard from Andy and Joanne Grimes?? are they OK, Harvey was heading straight for their home site.

Also great to see Jay and Stella back on the road.

Andy and Jo are fine, as far as I know, according to Facebook posts today!

jassson007
09-01-2017, 04:17 PM
Yeah Tim I'm a little off but other than that lol. All I know is I see an urgent post from Kelly and I am like oh crap what happened to me but now we are good thanks for asking Tim and thanks for passing along we are ok Erica lol

2psnapod2
09-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Yeah Tim I'm a little off but other than that lol. All I know is I see an urgent post from Kelly and I am like oh crap what happened to me but now we are good thanks for asking Tim and thanks for passing along we are ok Erica lol

A 'little off', Andy???? :rolleyes:

Tim - will you and Beckey be joining us for dinner on Friday night?

WRIGHT ll
09-03-2017, 11:39 AM
Reservation made for 10/4 to 10/9! Anxious to see everybody who will be there but can't make the other rallies.

2psnapod1
09-04-2017, 09:40 AM
Reservation made for 10/4 to 10/9! Anxious to see everybody who will be there but can't make the other rallies.

Glad to hear it! Will you be joining us for dinner on Friday night?

Paul & Nan
09-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Kelley, we are arriving the 4th and leaving the 9th. Will do dinner. Looking forward to it. No shirts. Nan

2psnapod1
09-04-2017, 06:18 PM
Kelley, we are arriving the 4th and leaving the 9th. Will do dinner. Looking forward to it. No shirts. Nan

Got it, Nan! Glad you'll be able to make it!

HornedToad
09-05-2017, 02:45 PM

Jassson, They sent me to Beaumont, your corner of the world. Cooked 1000 meals yesterday for LEOs, Firefighters, and first responders, the Cajun Navy even showed up!!! We did 250 fajita burritos for lunch today and have 250 BBQ plates getting ready for dinner.

I was the head cook and didn't even plate a meal... huge group of volunteers showed up to help!!!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170905/e28c90bef9806271fc6aeaafd3dc1f0c.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170905/5de82f6299ed6763e09a2a80d2101774.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170905/2c33eb04ba1beb6c81231dab2d85d9e5.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170905/20e4bc84d71533525127eb27e37098d3.jpg

jassson007
09-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Awesome where were you guys at? One of the ranchers that I was delivering hay to got a load of 16,000 pounds of hamburgers and buns donated to him and was trying to divy them out as he could not cook that much for his community

HornedToad
09-05-2017, 03:43 PM
Awesome where were you guys at? One of the ranchers that I was delivering hay to got a load of 16,000 pounds of hamburgers and buns donated to him and was trying to divy them out as he could not cook that much for his community

We're at an agents office at 4th & Broadway in Beaumont's Historic District. Most of the first responders are down the street at a hospital on 4th and College. We couldn't set up there but we're just around the corner and the LEOs & responders are coming by and picking up enough plates for their crews.

My daughters firefighter husband was sent to Houston and I'm thinking about stopping on the way home. If he wants to send some with me I'll make sure they go to good use.

jassson007
09-05-2017, 03:52 PM
We're at an agents office at 4th & Broadway in Beaumont's Historic District. Most of the first responders are down the street at a hospital on 4th and College. We couldn't set up there but we're just around the corner and the LEOs & responders are coming by and picking up enough plates for their crews.

My daughters firefighter husband was sent to Houston and I'm thinking about stopping on the way home. If he wants to send some with me I'll make sure they go to good use.

Just checked their Facebook page and down to one or two cases left. I found out that www.steaksfortroops.com are the ones who donated it

WRIGHT ll
09-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Mike and Kelly, put us down for the dinner too, please. Thanks, Orville and Barbara

2psnapod2
09-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Mike and Kelly, put us down for the dinner too, please. Thanks, Orville and BarbaraSounds great. We have you down. Gonna be a full house!

'Lil Guy'
09-06-2017, 08:44 PM
Called and made reservations today. Coming in on the 4th and leaving on the 9th. Took no deposit and didn't assign a site. I guess that is the norm. Put Debbie and I down for dinner also. See everyone there. With all of the breakfasts and dinners they offer, do we still want the Friday morning Breakfast Extravaganza? If so, let me know. Love to do it but it'll require some participation. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

2psnapod2
09-06-2017, 09:21 PM
Called and made reservations today. Coming in on the 4th and leaving on the 9th. Took no deposit and didn't assign a site. I guess that is the norm. Put Debbie and I down for dinner also. See everyone there. With all of the breakfasts and dinners they offer, do we still want the Friday morning Breakfast Extravaganza? If so, let me know. Love to do it but it'll require some participation. Looking forward to seeing everyone.Frank, Kelly and I are good with the Breakfast Extravaganza. We will help as needed.*

'Lil Guy'
09-06-2017, 10:01 PM
Great. We can do it in the rally hall or at a rig. We've done it both ways. Ted and I will cook the bacon and sausage. So if everyone who wants to attend can come up with a side dish, it will be a huge success. It has been awesome in the past.
Who's gonna have the coffee for the meat cooks.lol Looking forward to your rally. Thanks for the reply.

2psnapod2
09-06-2017, 10:21 PM
Great. We can do it in the rally hall or at a rig. We've done it both ways. Ted and I will cook the bacon and sausage. So if everyone who wants to attend can come up with a side dish, it will be a huge success. It has been awesome in the past.
Who's gonna have the coffee for the meat cooks.lol Looking forward to your rally. Thanks for the reply.Will have to double check but I think the rally hall would be good. We will have coffee there also! Lol

esscobra
09-07-2017, 03:41 PM
reservation made arriving Friday - put me down for Friday dinner as well- I have never seen that row full- ive stayed there many times ,even holidays when other parks are full- on this past 4th july - I think there were like 3 rigs on that row including mine
-a,b,c,d is usually full with full time residents e ad g usually have some most spots open- I believe they keep those open for short term 1 week or less and th rows in the back area also- if spaces become issue i will stay in back area

2psnapod1
09-08-2017, 09:45 PM
reservation made arriving Friday - put me down for Friday dinner as well- I have never seen that row full- ive stayed there many times ,even holidays when other parks are full- on this past 4th july - I think there were like 3 rigs on that row including mine
-a,b,c,d is usually full with full time residents e ad g usually have some most spots open- I believe they keep those open for short term 1 week or less and th rows in the back area also- if spaces become issue i will stay in back area

Will you be joining us for dinner, Bill?

esscobra
09-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Will you be joining us for dinner, Bill?

yes I will be

2psnapod1
09-12-2017, 08:18 AM
yes I will be

Glad to hear it! See you soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Who's gonna have the coffee for the meat cooks.lol Looking forward to your rally. Thanks for the reply.

Hey Frank! I'll be working on the agenda soon. Breakfast...Friday morning...what time works for you?

I'll be working my brain to figure out a side dish in the meantime. :cool:

'Lil Guy'
09-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Glad to hear it! See you soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Frank! I'll be working on the agenda soon. Breakfast...Friday morning...what time works for you?

I'll be working my brain to figure out a side dish in the meantime. :cool:

Anytime that's good for the group. Probably no earlier than 8:00 and 8:30 would be about right. We can have the bacon and sausage ready whenever you want to have it. Really looking forward to getting back out for these rallies. See you all soon.

2psnapod2
09-12-2017, 08:41 AM
Anytime that's good for the group. Probably no earlier than 8:00 and 8:30 would be about right. We can have the bacon and sausage ready whenever you want to have it. Really looking forward to getting back out for these rallies. See you all soon.

I'm just gonna put this out there....Michael and I are slow moving in the morning...we're up but our recliners tend to see more of us than anything/anyone for a while.

Does 9:00 am work for everyone to enjoy an out of this world Breakfast Extravaganza? Or does earlier work better (we can push ourselves...I promise!)

'Lil Guy'
09-12-2017, 09:03 AM
9:00 sounds good. I know a few that are late risers. If you'd rather make it 9:30 I'm sure that would work. I promise this will be a heavy meal for everyone. Again, getting anxious.

pegmikef
09-12-2017, 02:17 PM
9:00 sounds good. I know a few that are late risers. If you'd rather make it 9:30 I'm sure that would work. I promise this will be a heavy meal for everyone. Again, getting anxious.

Agree

jayc
09-12-2017, 05:31 PM
9:00 sounds good.

jayc
09-12-2017, 05:44 PM
I just found a short video (https://www.facebook.com/cantrell.tom/videos/10212191208129775/) of the damage done at the Pioneer RV park where we were scheduled to go.

'Lil Guy'
09-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Time for people to be thinking about a side dish for the Breakfast Extravaganza. For God's sake, don't forget plenty of fried potatoes along with plenty of biscuits and gravy.lol

For all the early risers, we'll meet at 6:00 AM and mosey over the chapter leader's rig and sing camp songs till they get up. The only person I know that sleeps late at rallies is 'Tiger Lily', AKA Susan Potts.
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Later and have a great day.

Ted_Dee
09-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Time for people to be thinking about a side dish for the Breakfast Extravaganza. For God's sake, don't forget plenty of fried potatoes along with plenty of biscuits and gravy.lol

For all the early risers, we'll meet at 6:00 AM and mosey over the chapter leader's rig and sing camp songs till they get up. The only person I know that sleeps late at rallies is 'Tiger Lily', AKA Susan Potts.

No offense "Lil Guy"but one more fried potato and we will have to rub the bacon grease on you to squeeze you back into your trailer.https://heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png

'Lil Guy'
09-13-2017, 11:56 AM
No offense "Lil Guy"but one more fried potato and we will have to rub the bacon grease on you to squeeze you back into your trailer.https://heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon6.png

Already at 5'6" and 376 lbs, what's A few more lbs gonna hurt. Anyhow, my tie dyed Speedo still has more room.

Chippendale
09-13-2017, 01:20 PM
Time for people to be thinking about a side dish for the Breakfast Extravaganza. For God's sake, don't forget plenty of fried potatoes along with plenty of biscuits and gravy. lol

I doubt Dolly will be interested in scrambling up another mess of jalapeno and cheese eggs again so soon after doing it up in Tyler, so I guess I will be forced to get out of bed early and do it for her.

2psnapod1
09-13-2017, 07:29 PM

:eek: Wait a minute! I thought this was funny until I realized I'm one of said chapter leaders! But...if you sing sweet, soothing songs like 'Kumbaya' that could be the perfect way to wake up each morning!

'Lil Guy'
09-13-2017, 07:31 PM
:eek: Wait a minute! I thought this was funny until I realized I'm one of said chapter leaders! But...if you sing sweet, soothing songs like 'Kumbaya' that could be the perfect way to wake up each morning!

I was thinking more like 99 bottles beer.

2psnapod1
09-13-2017, 07:35 PM
I was thinking more like 99 bottles beer.

Ya know....I don't think we've met yet (have we??) but I think I'm gonna like you! LOL

Chippendale
09-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Ya know....I don't think we've met yet (have we??) but I think I'm gonna like you! LOL

You might want to hold that thought until you actually do meet him.

2psnapod1
09-13-2017, 07:40 PM
You might want to hold that thought until you actually do meet him.

....and see? I can already tell you're my kinda guy too! LOL

'Lil Guy'
09-13-2017, 09:01 PM
And you think you hate me now, wait till you meet Ted and Dee.lol When we get Margaritaville set up, you'll see the 99 bottles of beer.

You've just met the 'Unacceptables"lol

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they assigned site numbers when I called. Anyone comment on this. Like to try and get next to Ted and Dee so we can set up his site. (He might not want us next to him but tough sh )

- - - Updated - - -

Ted_Dee
09-14-2017, 07:23 AM
And you think you hate me now, wait till you meet Ted and Dee.lol When we get Margaritaville set up, you'll see the 99 bottles of beer.

You've just met the 'Unacceptables"lol

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they assigned site numbers when I called. Anyone comment on this. Like to try and get next to Ted and Dee so we can set up his site. (He might not want us next to him but tough sh )

- - - Updated - - -

Of course we want to be next to you.Makes it easier to throw all the beer bottles into your site.George don't worry about crawling back to your site,we will rake up a pile of leaves and you can sleep in Margaritaville.

TXBobcat
09-19-2017, 03:48 PM
Just signed up with the park for the rally. Arrive on the 4th leaving on the 9th...

See you there..

BC

2psnapod1
09-19-2017, 08:13 PM
Just signed up with the park for the rally. Arrive on the 4th leaving on the 9th...

See you there..

BC

Happy to hear you'll be joining us, Bob! Do you plan on joining us for the park sponsored dinner on Friday night? $8.00 for your meal, drink and dessert.

TXBobcat
09-20-2017, 11:10 AM
Yes.. It looks like I will be there on Wednesday, so I will plan to go to the dinner..

BC

2psnapod1
09-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Yes.. It looks like I will be there on Wednesday, so I will plan to go to the dinner..

BC

Awesome! I've added you to the list so that the park with have an idea how many to expect!

2psnapod1
09-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Would any of y'all be interested in an Instant Pot demonstration?

This wouldn't just be directed at the women-folk as men enjoy cooking to so everyone would be welcome...and of course there'd be samples.

TravelTiger
09-22-2017, 01:32 PM

This wouldn't just be directed at the women-folk as men enjoy cooking to so everyone would be welcome...and of course there'd be samples.

Y'all ought to do this, Kelly's the MASTER when it comes to doing a demo!

Oh and yesterday, I saw 8qt InstaPots at Walmart for $79.

nander
09-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Yes, I would love an instant pot demo!

Ted_Dee
09-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Dee would be interested in the demo and you got me with "samples"

2psnapod1
09-22-2017, 02:00 PM
Y'all ought to do this, Kelly's the MASTER when it comes to doing a demo!

Oh and yesterday, I saw 8qt InstaPots at Walmart for $79.

Ha! Erika...you might have gone a bit overboard with the 'Master' thing! But I do LOVE my Instant Pot and enjoy sharing it with others.

- - - Updated - - -

Dee would be interested in the demo and you got me with "samples"

Glad to hear it! I was hoping to draw a few non-cooks in with the 'samples'!

jayc
09-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Stella is in for the demo. I'm in for the samples...

Pokiejoe
09-23-2017, 06:53 AM
Vicky is in for the demo and I am like jayc I will help with the samples.

2psnapod1
09-23-2017, 08:13 AM
Stella is in for the demo. I'm in for the samples...

Jay - I might just have you assist!

- - - Updated - - -

Vicky is in for the demo and I am like jayc I will help with the samples.

Don...I'll appoint you Jay's assistant!

teasac69
09-23-2017, 03:28 PM

Ms Beckey says yes, she'd like to be involved

2psnapod1
09-24-2017, 12:32 PM
Ms Beckey says yes, she'd like to be involved

Glad to hear it! By the way...do you plan on joining us for the park offered dinner on Friday night?

jassson007
09-24-2017, 03:39 PM
What day you gonna do this demo?

2psnapod1
09-24-2017, 08:38 PM
What day you gonna do this demo?

Saturday morning...10:00 am.

jassson007
09-24-2017, 08:41 PM
Saturday morning...10:00 am.

Ok then I can be a taster too lol. [emoji6]

2psnapod1
09-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Ok then I can be a taster too lol. [emoji6]

I wouldn't have it any other way! See you soon, little brother!

teasac69
09-25-2017, 10:25 AM
Glad to hear it! By the way...do you plan on joining us for the park offered dinner on Friday night?
Yes we will

jo9463
09-25-2017, 05:28 PM
I need to learn how to break this in.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170925/d8ef73ea78e1764bb0fdbec8d6eb3816.jpg

2psnapod1
09-26-2017, 02:27 PM
I need to learn how to break this in.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170925/d8ef73ea78e1764bb0fdbec8d6eb3816.jpg
I can help with that, Joanna!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yes we will

Awesome! I've added you to our list and will let the park know to expect EVERYONE for dinner!

jimtoo
09-26-2017, 03:43 PM
Well,,, It looks like we will attend the Heartland Chapter Rally. Things have settled down for us some and we can start moving around again. I called park and have arrival set for 10-05- and will depart on 10-09.

We will attend the dinner and if you have an extra 2X or 3X tshirt I will take it, no problem if you don't.

I hope you don't have to many decide to back out now that we are coming... :)

Jim and Bette

2psnapod1
09-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Well,,, It looks like we will attend the Heartland Chapter Rally. Things have settled down for us some and we can start moving around again. I called park and have arrival set for 10-05- and will depart on 10-09.

We will attend the dinner and if you have an extra 2X or 3X tshirt I will take it, no problem if you don't.

I hope you don't have to many decide to back out now that we are coming... :)

Jim and Bette

Hooray! So happy you'll gonna make it to the rally! After 6.5 years we're finally gonna meet jimtoo x2!!

I've added you to the list, got you down for dinner and have marked you down for a 2X shirt. Do you just need one 2X? We ordered some extras (L, XL & 2X).

Speedy
09-29-2017, 11:43 AM
Better late than never! We are coming to our Texas Rally! We'll be there on Thursday afternoon if we make good time on the back roads of Texas.

2psnapod2
09-29-2017, 11:46 AM
Better late than never! We are coming to our Texas Rally! We'll be there on Thursday afternoon if we make good time on the back roads of Texas.

Glad to hear it! I've added you to the list. Will you be joining us for dinner on Friday night?

2psnapod2
09-29-2017, 12:00 PM
Here is the Rally Agenda for those that would like to know in advance. I tried to add it to the original post but was unable to.

jimtoo
09-29-2017, 02:51 PM
RALLY AGENDA

Heartland Owners Club, South Texas Chapter Fall Rally
Braunig Lake RV Resort, Elmendorf, TX
October 6-8, 2017

Friday, October 6th

9:00 am Breakfast Extravaganza (bring a side dish to share)

5:30 pm – 6:30 pm Park Dinner, $8.00 per person (dinner, drink & dessert)

6:30 pm – 7:00 pm Rally ‘Link Up’ – Cover agenda, answer questions, etc

7:00 pm - ?? Games & visiting in Rally Hall for those interested

Saturday, October 7th

8:00 am – 10:00 am Park offered breakfast, $5.00 per person, cash only

10:15 am Instant Pot Demo

5:00 pm – 7:00 pm Potluck (Club to furnish main dish, members are asked to
provide a dish to share & bring own beverages)
**Please wear your rally shirt so we can get a group picture!

5:00 pm – 7:00 pm 50/50 Raffle ticket sales and drawing

7:00 pm – ?? Games & visiting in Rally Hall for those interested

Sunday, October 8th

8:00 am – 10:00 am Park offered breakfast, $5.00 per person, cash only. Hugs & Handshakes for those departing today