Manual fresh water tank drain valve

co4me

We have a 2005 Golden Gate. Mine does not have a manual drain valve for the fresh water tank under the trailer. There is the power drain valve but it only empties the tank to about 1/3. A friend in Wisconsin says his Golden Gate has a manual valve but I cannot find one on mine. I'm thinking mine must have been missed in production. Does anyone else have a manual drain valve for the fresh water?

J-W&E

We have a Grand Canyon 2005 also. We never found a manual drain on our coach. Where did you find it? We did pour about a gallon of antifreeze into the fresh water tank thru the tank fill opening. Please tell us where the bottom manual drain is ??

co4me

Hi,

You say it was an "add on" early last year? Was it an "add on" that the dealer installed? Also, do you know about what time last year it was available?

Thanks,

Bill

slaytop

J-W&E
My 2006 Shenandoah has a fresh water drain coming through the bottom cover next to the left wheels (street side). It is several inches inward from the frame and hard to see and reach without crawling underneath. It's easy to see from the opposite side of the unit if you shine a light underneath toward the wheels.
Larry

J-W&E

Thanks everybody for your help. Our trailer was made last April 2005, so it must have been made before the manual drain became standard. We drained all water we could get out by running the pump and then we poured about a gallon of antifreeze directly into the fresh water tank so I think everything should be ok.