Looking for info on the Heartland factory service center

NHCelt

Heartland is scheduling our Bighorn into the Elkhart service center for repair on an ongoing issue. For those that have been there, do they have a spot to hookup and stay onsite and is this the best option?

Hoping for just one day there but if not, will our unit be available for us to stay in?

Just trying to get a feel for the process and area. All info greatly appreciated.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
They do have RV parking with hookups.
In my opinion it would be your best option.

Peace
Dave

Mrsfish

I think the answer depends on the work your having done. Our friends who used the service center needed to get a hotel room for the 3 days it took

wdk450

I think the answer depends on the work your having done. Our friends who used the service center needed to get a hotel room for the 3 days it took

I don't think they want you in the rig while they are working on it. They have kept your electric plugged in while working on your rig for your refrigerators in the past. They now do have an overnight hookup site so that you can be there bright and early.

There is a string of low cost motels (and restaurants) on Cassopolis St. (Indiana 19) nearby to the Heartland service center. You see a LOT of the RV towable dually diesel trucks at those motels, from the RV transporters.

Go sightseeing to all of the Amish places and RV Hall of Fame while your rig is being worked on. South Bend, with Notre Dame and the Studebaker museum, is about 15 miles away.

danemayer

They have a very nice set of full hookup sites with wide and long concrete pads. You can stay there on the evening before your work is scheduled to begin, and again the evening after work is completed.

Once work starts, if it goes for more than 1 day, you'll have to stay in a hotel.

There's also a very nice lounge area with TV, WiFi, soft drinks, coffee and tea and comfortable furniture.

NHCelt

Thanks all. Scheduled in and good to go. They have agreed to remove, inspect for water damage and replace ac units using new gaskets. No leaks since I caulked the rear two unused mounting holes and taped the seam around the ac unit. Poor fitting cover was adding to the problem. Hoping no rot, but I think it will be ok. Leaks went down the vents.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

NHCelt

If you were in that "recall" for a TSB on the Blizzard NXT, I would strongly recommend checking those holes. Caulking them was omitted from the TSB for some reason.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk