2017 Goshen, IN - Driving Route / Directions

jbeletti

Rally attendees please note, there is construction on 34 (Monroe Street) - the road between 33 and the Fairgrounds.

Dan M and Terry H have determined some "best routing" into the Fairgrounds. Please see the Recommended Detour map images below and consider downloading the attached PDF version.
U.S. 33 to Lincoln 2.jpg
2017_Rally_Detour_Page_2.jpg

Attachments

• 2017_Rally_Detour 2.pdf
    932 KB · Views: 27
Last edited by a moderator:

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Is the construction on e Monroe bad or is it just one lane. Two years ago we left and went south on 33 and was planning on coming back up that way this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Is the construction on e Monroe bad or is it just one lane. Two years ago we left and went south on 33 and was planning on coming back up that way this year.

At this time, Monroe (34) from 33 (High School) to the RR tracks (Logan St) is 1 way (east bound) traffic only. It is narrow because of the construction barrels but it is doable. Several of us have already done it. Kevin and I did it yesterday with a wide-body Road Warrior. Take it slow due to pot holes and orange barrels.

Or - go around using Dan's suggested detour.

KrazyKampers

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: 2017 - Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Hi Jim. We will be arriving a day later than our registration. I tried changing it online but I'm having issues with our email and password I used to register. I don't want anyone to think we won't be there! How can I change this?

Karen Fredrickson

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MCTalley

Rally attendees please note, there is construction on 34 (Monroe Street) - the road between 33 and the Fairgrounds. Learn more and see detour maps by following this LINK

Those maps show best route coming in from the north or west. How about for us folks coming up 33 from the south? Drive through town up to Lincoln, turn right and follow the rest of the route that way?

BigJim45

Luv'n Life

Those maps show best route coming in from the north or west. How about for us folks coming up 33 from the south? Drive through town up to Lincoln, turn right and follow the rest of the route that way?

I was wondering the same thing. Pulled up Goggle maps and it looks like you can take 33 up to Lincoln and then turn right follow that to a RT on Blackport Dr.

GETnBYE

Follow 33 up to Lincoln and turn RT then RT again on Blackport.
I think I was not to clear on what I was asking for.
I was wondering if anyone there had driven the back or country side from the south to avoid having to go downtown on Main Street to get to the north side detour. Mapping it seems to show it might be closer say going around co. Rd. 35 and 36, but not sure how those roads look.

danemayer

I was wondering the same thing. Pulled up Goggle maps and it looks like you can take 33 up to Lincoln and then turn right follow that to a RT on Blackport Dr.
From the south, if on 33 northbound, you can take E Monroe (34) east to the fairgrounds. BUT, there's construction with 1 narrow lane and large barrels.

Its possible to take your rig through the construction, but depending on your comfort level, you might do better continuing to Lincoln and Blackport as shown on the detour maps.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

danemayer

33 north to E Lincoln is commercial, but the commercial section south of the fairgrounds is not that long and moves reasonably well. I wouldn't bother looking further east unless you happen to be on 13. In that case, turn west onto 34 to the fairgrounds.

navyAZ1

Rally attendees please note, there is construction on 34 (Monroe Street) - the road between 33 and the Fairgrounds. Learn more and see detour maps by following this LINK

Hey there, we will be coming on 33 from the SE, so I'm assuming that we can just continue on 33 into downtown, turn right on Main St, and take it to W. Lincoln turn right and follow your directions from there?

danemayer

You can turn on Main and then onto Lincoln, or go around the curve on 33 and then turn right on Lincoln. The curve might be slightly easier.

szewczyk_john

I saw the posting about the construction for those coming from the west. This got me to think about my route coming from the east. Last time we got off of I-80 and brought 20 in the whole way. for those folks close to the fairgrounds, is this still the best way for those of us coming from the east coast via I-80? Just curious about construction or other changes made sine the last rally.

danemayer

I saw the posting about the construction for those coming from the west. This got me to think about my route coming from the east. Last time we got off of I-80 and brought 20 in the whole way. for those folks close to the fairgrounds, is this still the best way for those of us coming from the east coast via I-80? Just curious about construction or other changes made since the last rally.
If coming from the east, you might want to get off 20 at 13 south and then turn west onto CR 34 which goes to the Fairgrounds. If you take 20 all the way to 33 south, you should follow the detour instructions that have been posted and emailed.

szewczyk_john

If coming from the east, you might want to get off 20 at 13 south and then turn west onto CR 34 which goes to the Fairgrounds. If you take 20 all the way to 33 south, you should follow the detour instructions that have been posted and emailed.

Ok thanks for that but I was speaking about the stretch of 20 from I-80 into the fairgrounds area? My first visit we stayed on 80 and we like to stretch of 20 so much more.

danemayer

Ok thanks for that but I was speaking about the stretch of 20 from I-80 into the fairgrounds area? My first visit we stayed on 80 and we like to stretch of 20 so much more.

John,

I'd like to help, but I'm obviously missing something.

U.S. 20 runs E/W parallel to I-80. CR 20 runs E/W a bit further south. From either one you need a southbound route to get to the fairgrounds. You could take 13 south and come in to the east of the fairgrounds. Or you could take 33 south and come in to the west of the campground.

???

Kbvols

I will be coming in on 33 from the south and plan on taking IN-13 off of 33 thru Millersburg and coming in on CR 34 to the fairgrounds. Will be able to avoid the construction and traffic thru Goshen which can be a pain depending on time of day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk