Level Up Questions

I have three issues with the level up. 1) at times using the front extend/retract switch connected to the truck and both middle and rear legs are fully retracted the front stops retracting. depress the button 5 or 6 times in either direction it then starts working again. 2) when getting ready to connect to the truck I turn the main unit on and follow the instruction to return to unhitched position by depressing the left and right indicators at the same time. The display errors something about not being available so I end up depressing the return button and defer to the manual method by turning off, on arrow up and select manual then retract. 3) When the automatic retract does work there are times the rear legs do not fully retract. Battery is new and fully charged, hydraulic fluid if at the proper level when all legs are fully retracted, wires all appears snug and tight with no wires showing signs of damage, grounding or burned areas . Any suggestions?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello CycloneCindy and welcome to this very informative forum.
It sounds like you will need to spend about $10 and replace the auto-reset breaker that protects your hydraulic pump.
You will need to follow the heavy red wire from where it attaches to a solenoid on your hydraulic pump to the breaker.
It will be a 12 volt 50 amp auto reset breaker. Should be under $10.
Be sure to disconnect the battery and disconnect from shore power to avoid any grounding while you are changing the breaker.
It's an easy fix that should take under 15 minutes even if you don't know how.

Peace
Dave

gasman

Camp Socializer
Also check the connections at the batteries and at the breakers. Make sure everything is clean and tight.

Thanks! You guys are great! Hubby has checked "tightness" and is already looking for part and I will let you know how it works. Of course...it does not act up every time we use it, but most of the time.

Cindy

Roller4tan

Also the return to unhook height will not work if you made any MANUAL changes after the auto level operation.

Hubby just looked at the system and sent these pics, wondering which reset breaker should he replace? The 2 wire smaller breaker runs to the 2nd breaker.

danemayer

Hubby just looked at the system and sent these pics, wondering which reset breaker should he replace? The 2 wire smaller breaker runs to the 2nd breaker.

The circuit breakers/buss bar generally look something like the picture I've attached. On one side of the breakers there's a copper bar that carries 12V DC to each of the breakers. On the other side is a wire to one of the devices that needs power.

Usually, the thickest wires on the non-copper-bar side go to the Power Converter/Fuse Box, and the other to the Hydraulic Pump. One way to tell the difference is to look at which one has a thick wire on the copper-bar side. That's typically the wire from the battery, and it usually goes to the breaker that feeds the Power Converter/Fuse Box. A distinguishing feature is that the breaker will have a teeny tiny reset button.

You want the other breaker that has a thick wire and no reset button.

The arrangement of wires and breakers on your coach may differ from this picture.

Also, it's possible you could have a breaker in-between battery and circuit breakers. If so, check that it's a 50 amp. If you have that additional breaker, and replacing the one on the buss bar doesn't fix your problem, also replace the one closer to the battery.

Btw, your pictures didn't post. Forum SW requires you to have 1 or 2 more posts approved before it'll allow you to post pictures.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 21
  • circuit breaker reset.jpg
    circuit breaker reset.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar boot off Notated.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 16

meagle

On my Landmark I kept tripping the 50A breaker even after replacing it. Since it was under warranty I worked with Heartland and Lippert for a remedy. Per Heartland they have been seeing this problem in quite a few of the larger units. They upgraded it with an 80A marine grade breaker. Since it was upgraded I have not had a problem.

kdubinwa

On my Landmark I kept tripping the 50A breaker even after replacing it. Since it was under warranty I worked with Heartland and Lippert for a remedy. Per Heartland they have been seeing this problem in quite a few of the larger units. They upgraded it with an 80A marine grade breaker. Since it was upgraded I have not had a problem.

For $20 bucks and free shipping problem is solved. I ordered and installed 2 of these from eBay :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bussman-24-...-solar-power-battery-marine-RV-/272655333392?

In addition to the LevelUp 50 amp breaker I was also tripping the 50 amp breaker between the positive battery terminal and the battery shut off switch. That's why I installed 2.