2017 Landmark Newport closet doors crash

TrailCreek

I am on my second set of closet doors. The first set came apart when delivered to the dealer in Jacksonville FL. The second set didn't make it 30 miles. The mirrors are too heavy for the size of the finger joint and material density. One or two staples and I assume glue couldn't hold it together. I glued and plated them with Simson 2x4 nail plates and #6x5/8" screws. 500 miles and all is good! Maybe a better design would include a solid luan backer. (I'm an x-factory service tech).

danemayer

Hi Trailcreek,

Congratulations on your new Landmark 365 and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Thanks for sharing.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I am on my second set of closet doors. The first set came apart when delivered to the dealer in Jacksonville FL. The second set didn't make it 30 miles. The mirrors are too heavy for the size of the finger joint and material density. One or two staples and I assume glue couldn't hold it together. I glued and plated them with Simson 2x4 nail plates and #6x5/8" screws. 500 miles and all is good! Maybe a better design would include a solid luan backer. (I'm an x-factory service tech).
I'm not sure what they did differently between 2015 and 2017, but my 2015 Newport has logged well over 12,000 miles and we have never had a problem with the closet doors. We ensure they are locked in the closed position before leaving and have zero problems. Sorry to hear your 2017 Newport isn't fairing as well.

TrailCreek

I'm not sure what they did differently between 2015 and 2017, but my 2015 Newport has logged well over 12,000 miles and we have never had a problem with the closet doors. We ensure they are locked in the closed position before leaving and have zero problems. Sorry to hear your 2017 Newport isn't fairing as well.

2017-04-13%2017.17.51.jpg
door was latched open both times it failed.
2017-04-15%2014.21.28.jpg
all 4 corners on the back of the door. Not pretty, but strong. I may spray paint the plates and screws black.

Guess I can't figure out images yet. I'll work on it.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
2017-04-13%2017.17.51.jpg
door was latched open both times it failed.
2017-04-15%2014.21.28.jpg
all 4 corners on the back of the door. Not pretty, but strong. I may spray paint the plates and screws black.

Guess I can't figure out images yet. I'll work on it.

Try posting them again . . .

You now have three posts here . . . the magic number is usually two posts!

By the way . . . we love photos around here!